[Frequently Asked Questions] Game Accounts

Hey guys, it’s Hi here, and I’ve decided that because it’s summer, I can release projects that I’ve been working and dabbling on here and there. One of those is a sequence of FAQ threads, which really concentrate on common problems which are faced daily by the Cross Fire community. Because some topics have already been established, I’ll just not be a follower, and leave those guides to be the predominant guides.

These guides were made ages ago, so don't be posting "MOD wanna-be".

I’m most likely going to be making separate threads, which will be open for discussion, but hopefully monitored by moderators and administrators to keep the threads clean. If worse comes to worse, the thread will be closed.

The point of these guides is to help the community find resolutions to common questions. Please note that these down delve into detail as my other guides will have, but these are meant to be short and sweet answers that get the point across very easily.

Onto the FAQ

Game Account FAQ

This Game Account FAQ will help you resolve questions about your game account, more specifically, your Z8Games account. Please note that not all Z8Games accounts are the same, and, obviously, not all of the information shown in my guide [for example, security answer, security question] is the same as yours, but the idea is to use it as an example.

It is reminded that account information posted on here is not true information, and is merely used as an example. Don’t ever give out your log in information.

QUESTION
First of all, how do I create a Z8Games account?

ANSWER

To create a Z8Games account, what you will need first is a valid email account [popular email service providers are Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo, you can register for free]. This is the most important step. Next, you will need to go to http://www.z8games.com ; which is the hosting site for Z8Games. It is also where you will need to create, and later on, access, your account.

Assuming that you are signed in, you should probably see the words ‘SIGN UP’, which will appear like this :
bt_signupRO.png

Click the sign up button, and fill out the necessary form using your information, and the valid email. For the forum name, insert something that you want to be known as on the forums. Stop once you get to the section, Security Question.

Select a question that you only know the answer to. This is a question which could affect ownership of the account, in case you ever lose your account. Make it a personal question, such as “Where were you born?” This is because if you decide to come back to the game and don’t remember your login information, your security answer is an answer that you will easily be able to remember.

Finish the rest of the form and click, “I accept. Register my Z8Games account.” You will see a screen asking you to go activate your account via your email, do so. After you verify, your account should be created!

QUESTION
That’s all great, but how do I create a Cross Fire account?

ANSWER

To create a Cross Fire account, you must download Cross Fire first from http://www.crossfire.z8games.com . This will download the client for Cross Fire. Once that is done, run the game. Once you log in for the first time using your Z8Games account information, it should prompt you to choose an IGN, type in your name, and it your Cross Fire account should be created.

QUESTION
How do I change my password?

ANSWER

To change your password, you must go to your account which can be accessed by clicking the previous phrase, or by going to the “My Account” next to your logged in account.

Go to “Account Management” and you will immediately see “Change Z8Games Login Password”. Enter the right information, which requires your registered email [the valid one that I told you to register before making an account]. Finally, enter and confirm your new password, and hit Save Changes immediately under that. Your password should be changed immediately and effectively.

QUESTION
I noticed that on my profile, you can also change your forum name, how do I do that?

ANSWER

Simply type in your current forum name, and type in your new forum name and confirm that it is the one that you want. Please note that you can only change it once every thirty days. Your name has to be at least three characters, and has to be less than 12 characters. Also note that only alphanumeric characters can be used.

The exception to the alphanumeric character rules are:
  • you can place a ‘_’ [underscore] in between any letters or number; not at the beginning or end of a forum name, and a maximum of 3
  • you can place a ] or an [ at the end of your forum name [unconfirmed if it is a glitch or not]
QUESTION
What is a character deletion password that I see in my Account Management tab?

ANSWER

That password is a password only for Metin2 players, we are playing Cross Fire. The password does nothing for us. It’s just a password which prevents Metin2 characters from being deleted. Us, being a one Cross Fire account per Z8Games account game, has no need to delete characters.

QUESTION
How do you change your email on your Z8Games account?

ANSWER

As for the last few questions, go to “My Account” and go to the “Account Management” tab. The final tab should say “Change Email Address” answer your security question, and input the new email, also confirming it by re-typing it.

QUESTION
Can I delete my Z8Games account?

ANSWER

No, that feature is not yet implemented. I also highly doubt that it ever will, because of many accounts being hacked on a very frequent basis.

QUESTION
Am I allowed to sell or trade accounts?

ANSWER

No. Trading or selling somebody else’s property is known as fraud. Z8Games has all rights to anybody’s account. In other words, they own your account. You selling their property puts them at liberty to sue you, but the merely just shut the account down, meaning that nobody gets the account, and nobody makes a profit. The point of this is to prevent account “scammers”. If somebody wants to buy an account, and intends not to give the money, it usually results in tons of drama, which is already unneeded the community.

QUESTION
Do accounts get deleted?

ANSWER

There have been some cases in which people claim that their account has been deleted. It happened to me as well [my closed beta account disappeared after me not playing for a long time]. But, the answer could just be that I merely forgot the username or password, or it was somehow lost in the Subagames to Z8Games transfer.

QUESTION
Can you create multiple accounts?

ANSWER

Yes, you can, but it’s not recommended because of the fact that all accounts will be linked to the same IP, therefore if one IP does something wrong, the whole chain of accounts linked to that IP are liable to become reprimanded.

QUESTION
What if I forget my information?

ANSWER

If you forget your security answer, simply go to the homepage, and click “LOST ID/PSW/Security Answer”. Type in the registered email, and confirm it [remember the valid email I told you to register?]. Then, go to your email, and your information most likely has been sent there for you to log in. Please remember to use this before going on the forums and crying about your account.

QUESTION
Can you change your login ID?

ANSWER

No, you cannot. This is not a function that I think will ever be added. The login ID was not meant to be changed, but your IGN in Cross Fire may be changed.

Comments

• Hello. Some friend tried to sign up but the page doesnt work. He fill all the required fields but nothing happen. No email, nothing like "Your registration was sucesfull or complete" What's going on?
    Thank you.
    (Sorry if a made a mistake writing this, but English isn't my native language.)