Blank Error

Well i have some sort of annoying problem

Every time i start up Crossfire, i get this blank error after i press the start game button. Then the game doesnt start up

Tried reinstalling already, doesnt work

Help plz?

Comments

• Before you start playing, be sure your computer meets the minimum specifications to run the game itself. You can check "dxdiag" through the "run" operation for computer information.

If you do meet minimum requirements, run a spyware and virus scan. Be sure to also allow the CrossFire and GameGuard exe's through your firewall if you have one running.

If the problem persists, then repost here.
  • Ok this could help you in some way As i said to some 1 else
    Try PC Clean up heres how you do it

Windows Xp > Start > All Programs > Accessors > System Tools > Disk Cleanup Then run a Spyware

Windows Vista > Search Disk Clean up

Then try to get GameBooster
  • Naturally, Gameguard and Crossfire should be enabled through your firewall. But the blank error basically says that Gameguard is already running in the background. You can disable it by press CTRL+ALT+DEL, going to the proccess tab, and finding something along gameguard.exe and ending it.
  • FacelessK wrote: »
    Naturally, Gameguard and Crossfire should be enabled through your firewall. But the blank error basically says that Gameguard is already running in the background. You can disable it by press CTRL+ALT+DEL, going to the proccess tab, and finding something along gameguard.exe and ending it.
    That has nothing to do with it.... Gameguard is there to protect hacking getting into the crossfire nothing with not loading
  • That has nothing to do with it.... Gameguard is there to protect hacking getting into the crossfire nothing with not loading

The Gameguard solution page loaded up when I clicked 'Ok', so I'm assuming it has something to do with Gameguard. And I used that same solution to fix my problem earlier today.
  • FacelessK wrote: »
    The Gameguard solution page loaded up when I clicked 'Ok', so I'm assuming it has something to do with Gameguard. And I used that same solution to fix my problem earlier today.
    Well i guess i am wrong but i still think it has no problem... Sorry XD me and you should be Technical Support People
  • Well i guess i am wrong but i still think it has no problem... Sorry XD me and you should be Technical Support People

:P Haha. I'd try my best being part of Technical Support. I'm not THAT computer savvy sadly.
  • It's also possible that your firewall/antivirus is blocking Gameguard. As soon as I enable TrendMicro antivirus I receive the same blank error box.
  • It happens to me alot.. Just restart your computer! Works for me! ~_^
  • Greycloak wrote: »
    It's also possible that your firewall/antivirus is blocking Gameguard. As soon as I enable TrendMicro antivirus I receive the same blank error box.

if your firewall is the problem then obviusly its not letting the data for gameguard get send through your firewall and since i only no AVG cos lets face it AVG is the pwnage 8D im not sure if its the same way but here is how to make it so your anti-virus/firewall will always allow it ^_^

1. open up your anti-virus
    2.click tools and on the menu under tools click advanced settings
    3.a new window will pop up there should be tabbed names and some with little + next to them look for one that says resident sheild and click to expand it
    4.it will have a sub tab under it saying exceptions click this and on the right hand site there will be a box and on the right side of that 5 buttons click ADD PATH button then a new window will open up.
    5. once this new window opens up go to My Computer > Windows/local drive (C:) > Program files > G4box one the blue bar is over G4box folder click OK
    6. finaly click apply and your anti-virus/firewall will allow everything it that folder to run without getting stopped.

PS that is for AVG anti-virus not sure if other anti-viruses have the same type of menus so if not then you get how to do it generaly so you should be able to find it on your own

ALSO My Computer > Windows/local drive (C:) > Program files > G4box
    that is the default installation path you might of installed it to another place so find where you installed it if you didnt do the default path

Now if the game guard is being let through by ur anti-virus/firewall but your still getting the blank screen then your missing a file from your gameguard folder i had this problem several days after i first installed this which i was missing gamegaurd.des. of course at the time i didnt no what files gg had but i looked through the folder first then i reinstalled the game and i saw that was in there and it wasnt before i reinstalled