Racism?

i just came across the clan-creation page and honestly i didn´t like what i see...

c7068f52932756.gif

of course i know that the signs are twisted(other way round) but everyone gets the hint...

i dont even wanna think about how many racist clans are out there

"III Reich" for example....if you use the word "Reich" at the clan search, you can find several racist-clans. does no one of the mods speak German or is at least familliar with history?

disgusting.

Comments

• im from germany through,and i have to say its nothing bad(ok the history behind it,but on it own its just a flag) about that flag,just a hint to the map "hakenkreuz",or you wanna tell me the map is racist too?its just a flag with a symbol of the indian history(the symbol of luck),thats all.cry somewhere else.
  • i just came across the clan-creation page and honestly i didn´t like what i see...

c7068f52932756.gif

of course i know that the signs are twisted(other way round) but everyone gets the hint...

"III Reich" for example....if you use the word "Reich" at the clan search, you can find several racist-clans. does no one of the mods speak German or is at least familliar with history?

disgusting.

I agree thats really offensive because many people dide in the war and thtat just crossed the line.
  • P.s.:and why the f**ck everyone thinks its racist to see this flag???my god leave the history back,the americans killed a lot of black people,but the germans are the worst or what the f**k??omg.
  • FSN88 wrote: »
    im from germany through,and i have to say its nothing bad(ok the history behind it,but on it own its just a flag) about that flag,just a hint to the map "hakenkreuz",or you wanna tell me the map is racist too?its just a flag with a symbol of the indian history(the symbol of luck),thats all.cry somewhere else.

oh please. we all know, what the swastika is about and that it was there before the hakenkreuz. but please, don´t be that naive or blind not to see what this sign on a red flag
    , hanging from a building is supposed to mean.

symbol of luck? lol get out of here.
  • FSN88 wrote: »
    P.s.:and why the f**ck everyone thinks its racist to see this flag???my god leave the history back,the americans killed a lot of black people,but the germans are the worst or what the f**k??omg.

so you think its good to have clans that go by the name of " III-Reich"

well, history isn´t that far in the past....
  • wow,youre crazy?im from germany girl,i know my history and im not proud of it,and the symbol was a symbol of luck for the indians before hitler took it and used it for the III reich,but my point is(maybe you dont got it because im not that good in english and can show you my point)that the flags are just a for the map "Hakenkreuz",as you can see theres the "Hakenkreuz-shop",in the picture too.dont get so mad about,dont think thats justice if you tell them it looks racist,thats for sure not the point for z8 to put this picture there,then you have to cry about the map on it own and that here are no "black" characters in-game.
  • so you think its good to have clans that go by the name of " III-Reich"

well, history isn´t that far in the past....

surely not,in that point i agree,the members have to get a permanent ban too.
  • O.M.G! WE ALREADY HAD THE SAME WITH THE MAP "HAKENKREUZ", YOU CAN REPORT THIS WHEN THE UK SERVER IS UP!

In Europa they are really strictly with thinks like that... in USA not so many like here...
    (i mean from the law)

Normally, Z8GAMES have to take the "Nazi Flaggs" when they open server in UK.. or not? or im bad informed?

*confused*
  • now i am really like WTF??? geez, cmon people, we have democracy and its not WWII anymore, if they can make a games like wolfenstein, film a movies like INGLORIOUS BASTERDS, why cant people create a clan like Third reich? do they offend you? no its just a name, and no offense, i believe, that YOU man, are a MUSLIM, cause only you guys can write such a stupid thing, u r all wicked-mind kids of some really bad act from the history...
  • AG3NTG1BB2 wrote: »
    O.M.G! WE ALREADY HAD THE SAME WITH THE MAP "HAKENKREUZ", YOU CAN REPORT THIS WHEN THE UK SERVER IS UP xD

In Europa they are really strictly with thinks like that... in USA not so many like here...
    (i mean from the law)

Normally, Z8GAMES have to take the "Nazi Flaggs" when they open server in UK.. or not? or im bad informed?

*confused*

Only if they want to satisfy people who are too sensitive and are just looking for a reason to be offended. Hitler existed. The war happened. Get over it.
  • VinnMauS wrote: »
    now i am really like WTF??? geez, cmon people, we have democracy and its not WWII anymore, if they can make a games like wolfenstein, film a movies like INGLORIOUS BASTERDS, why cant people create a clan like Third reich? do they offend you? no its just a name, and no offense, i believe, that YOU man, are a MUSLIM, cause only you guys can write such a stupid thing, u r all wicked-mind kids of some really bad act from the history...

completely off topic. has nothing to do with democracy. what you are saying is, that every person has the right to support racism? sorry.

for your information, i am of no religious belief. i think religions are the worst thing that ever happened to man kind. yes, even worse than hitler. that guy was just a sad f***
    who died in his bathtub along with his loverdog.

sorry to say that, but you don´t have a clue about history
  • completely off topic. has nothing to do with democracy. what you are saying is, that every person has the right to support racism? sorry.

for your information, i am of no religious belief. i think religions are the worst thing that ever happened to man kind. yes, even worse than hitler. that guy was just a sad f***
    who died in his bathtub along with his loverdog.

sorry to say that, but you don´t have a clue about history

i think i know the history quite clearly, i didnt say that everyone has a right to say something racism, but everyone is allowed to say his opinion, theres a thin line between those two.

Anyway, i am too non-believer, and i must agree with you in that paragraph where u sad that religion is the worst thing..
  • VinnMauS wrote: »
    i think i know the history quite clearly, i didnt say that everyone has a right to say something racism, but everyone is allowed to say his opinion, theres a thin line between those two.

Anyway, i am too non-believer, and i must agree with you in that paragraph where u sad that religion is the worst thing..

ok maybe i didn´t chose the correct words for this. i am not a native speaker
    so that might have been the problem.
  • This has to be one of the most pettiest things i have seen on this forum, if u think that is racist in any way then im sorry but u are the only one racist for picking up on things like that and making a big deal of it. Racism is a major problem with this world but to pick out things on a game im sorry but u are so narrow minded, so please. :)
  • If you really find that offensive, I don't know why you are playing a game where you have to kill. Shooting,knifing and nading other people isn't that nice a either, this is just game, it shouldn't be taken that serious...
  • It is directly taken from Chinese Crossfire.
  • not to mention the racist comments in the game chat :(
  • im not entirely sure what german words mean but i am somewhat sure reich simply means empire. like German Reich is just German Empire. not some nazi related thing, not Hitler specific. Get over it, its a word.
    The flag is a flag is a flag is a flag. thats it. He is right about the luck symbol, but i believe the swaztika started in the Egyptian culture as a sign of peace (flipped the other way though). Now obviously this is the Nazi Swaztika on the German flag. But that shouldn't be conceived as racist. The map is (i believe) set in Germany hence the name Hakenkreuz. Possibly Pre-1945 Germany so that flag is the only one they could use to be historically correct. Don't be so quick to write things off as racist. It is a war game, Germany was in WW2. They are connecting the two. How is that racist?
  • Have to add look on the history of the map "hakenkreuz",i saw it on the crossfire homepage,then you understand why there are "Hakenkreuz"-flags.Sorry for my anger yesterday,but im sick of it,its over its done and the history have to r.i.p. too.in every culture there was something really bad what they done,so get over it.
  • It's not a big deal, we may change it, it's not exactly a swas, and I don't see any lingering issues that shows were about to become neo-nazi's.

Long story short, I'm not really worried. We may briefly discuss changing that background, but it's on a long list.
  • people these days make me laugh is this Z8 community becoming this bad?

cause its it seriously sad.... full of baddies, hakers and QQers
  • It's not a big deal, we may change it, it's not exactly a swas, and I don't see any lingering issues that shows were about to become neo-nazi's.

Long story short, I'm not really worried. We may briefly discuss changing that background, but it's on a long list.

HeIL DELACO! lol?
  • 2 options:

1. Get over it
    2. Uninstall

Cant see them changing such a pointless thing just coz 1 person doesnt agree with it.
  • i just came across the clan-creation page and honestly i didn´t like what i see...

c7068f52932756.gif

disgusting.

That background image for that site was taken from an old cross fire map.

We have discussed the problem in the past. There are plenty of games out there rated TEEN and higher (we are rated TEEN) that reference world war 2 and other forums of shady history.

Secondly, the map has since been changed to remove the specific image of the swastika. It is now changed to a generic X-type symbol.

Lastly, the CF site is not in its final, permanent form. We intend on changing it over time and updating it. I will make sure that one of the things that gets looked at is the removal of this background image. Mostly because it references a map that was changed in game.
  • Its not a swastika its the reverse before Hitler twisted it it means peace.....I'm sure someone has mentioned this in this topic before...really means nothing
  • Racism sucks.
    And over here in Wales, every time a swas. is graffitied on a wall somewhere, the local media is all over it for about a week, as it is now considered as a sign of disrespect.
  • im not entirely sure what german words mean but i am somewhat sure reich simply means empire. like German Reich is just German Empire. not some nazi related thing, not Hitler specific. Get over it, its a word.
    The flag is a flag is a flag is a flag. thats it. He is right about the luck symbol, but i believe the swaztika started in the Egyptian culture as a sign of peace (flipped the other way though). Now obviously this is the Nazi Swaztika on the German flag. But that shouldn't be conceived as racist. The map is (i believe) set in Germany hence the name Hakenkreuz. Possibly Pre-1945 Germany so that flag is the only one they could use to be historically correct. Don't be so quick to write things off as racist. It is a war game, Germany was in WW2. They are connecting the two. How is that racist?

i dont think it was as far back as egypt
    but ancient monks had them on some temples
    and yes the swastika is a sign of peace
    noe please grow and stop being so pathetic
  • [MOD]Icely wrote: »
    Its not a swastika its the reverse before Hitler twisted it it means peace.....I'm sure someone has mentioned this in this topic before...really means nothing

i said it ina post a while ago :/
    learned it in history :)