Question for teams

I know I probably won't get many actual answers, but for my own curiosity

Do you call strats like a command system, or is it more freelance?

Command System: One person calls total map movement, players are responsible for only decisions in the actual location they're in and the movement from location to location. Very little micro from the caller.

Freelance: Little initial calling, players are all conscious of everyone's position and each make their location decision and movement.

Or do you do something else?

Comments

• Not sure if it's valid but paradox used to have Iced call a general strat and then we would all work off that. On BW / Port though I would always work B site and try to get an initial pick unless an actual "3cat2A" was called, etc.
  • a little of both is the best, sometimes you have to trust your players.
  • Both, when we first started a scrim I would call specificly for each person on where to go/wait/rotate. Then if we got ahead by enough I would call general things.
  • Hmmm,I don't want to sound like a bit of a d1ckhead but in my wogl team , I don't think they have enough gamesense to work off a general strat. Once the actual season start i'll be a total dictator,doing strat sessions for a good time each day.

If I call maybe a 3 / 2 split or a fake,it's generally Craig and I that will be the rotaters so everyone generally knows where to go. On GR we have a handful of different ones,but everyone bassically has a set position (boo goes B,ks0yp scopes mid etc) and I rotate between sites guessing where they're going to push.
  • IamPlayer1 wrote: »
    Both, when we first started a scrim I would call specificly for each person on where to go/wait/rotate. Then if we got ahead by enough I would call general things.

That's not both, that's only the first. Just varying micro.
    zeXishere wrote: »
    rush a rush b work a work b

Funny guy.
  • Well when I called strats for #toSick, I called more of where getting the picks from or watch, then actually call a strat. For Example,

1 watch over at A, lets get 2 Mid, and get 2 over watching the B, or known as "playing picks", but I wouldn't actually give them spots, I'd call the strat after a pick or two. I'd also call where to nade stack, call the spots after round one(1) and make sure to look there, I'd also call the 'flash' stacks, have the smokes called aswell.

If you don't see that would be working for you, I would usually throw in a push to A or B site to throw the team off, especially if they're an aggressive team, such as LPK on CT side. LPK's pushes, rotations, etc.. are great, and a little hard to call all of the time.

Now there are different strat based on different maps, such as Port. Port is a place you can really leave the A site open for T and CT. CT side is easier to take from CT spawn and CT bridge, then actually playing the site itself. I'd also throw a push from 'cat' and/or the 'A long' flank. Port is also a good map to actually play more of a passive or semi B site/mid.

I hope this answered a little bit of your question, or atleast all of it. If you need any more detail, post or contact me on xfire.
  • we tell them positions, and we say what we see, like 3 nades A, 2 smokes B etc

classify that plox i think its command
  • Well when I called strats for #toSick, I called more of where getting the picks from or watch, then actually call a strat. For Example,

1 watch over at A, lets get 2 Mid, and get 2 over watching the B, or known as "playing picks", but I wouldn't actually give them spots, I'd call the strat after a pick or two. I'd also call where to nade stack, call the spots after round one(1) and make sure to look there, I'd also call the 'flash' stacks, have the smokes called aswell.

If you don't see that would be working for you, I would usually throw in a push to A or B site to throw the team off, especially if they're an aggressive team, such as LPK on CT side. LPK's pushes, rotations, etc.. are great, and a little hard to call all of the time.

Now there are different strat based on different maps, such as Port. Port is a place you can really leave the A site open for T and CT. CT side is easier to take from CT spawn and CT bridge, then actually playing the site itself. I'd also throw a push from 'cat' and/or the 'A long' flank. Port is also a good map to actually play more of a passive or semi B site/mid.

I hope this answered a little bit of your question, or atleast all of it. If you need any more detail, post or contact me on xfire.

Thanks, but believe me, I don't need a breakdown of how to play the maps :P
  • Denxi wrote: »
    Thanks, but believe me, I don't need a breakdown of how to play the maps :P

I never really said you did, if you was actually a 'randy'. I'd go more in detail, but thats the only way I could explain what I actually told my team to play like. Sorry, if I sounded like a d-bag or a d1ck, but I was just explaining what I played, and how I played.
  • I never really said you did, if you was actually a 'randy'. I'd go more in detail, but thats the only way I could explain what I actually told my team to play like. Sorry, if I sounded like a d-bag or a d1ck, but I was just explaining what I played, and how I played.

Don't take offense, just explaining why I won't need to xFire you =\
  • Freelance

we usually see where the opponents play first, and try to exploit any area we can.

or in most cases

dweez rushes in and gets a 3k, 5v2 - do the math!
  • "2 B... or not 2 B that is the question."

Best call I have heard.