Please, don't call it parmesan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Painanator View Post

I think we have variations of every of those dishes here in Sweden too, except the chicken in the beginning. Looks very interesting though. Olivye is called Legym-Salad in Sweden. I like to eat it together with boiled potatoes and cold-cuts in the summer.
    Selyodka pod Shuboy seem too be a layered variation of one of my favorites at the Christmas Dinner here, called Herring-Salad, we just eat it mixed together instead of layered. Though it more of a traditional thing older people eat here, I am probably one of the few in my generation that eat it at Christmas.
    Originally posted by [GM]WhiteOwl View Post

Thank you for sharing the food culture of your country, it's cool stuff! And yeah cheese and wine go very well together, I agree! Also, the trick of the paper towel is smart. Finally, that pepper looks very hot!! Have you ever tried it?
    Hi

Ye,olivier salad has lots of names in different places(like "Ensalada Rusa" in spain).also "ikra" is simply a russian nick name to caviar.I love Russian food for its earthiness, wholesomeness and general lack of chemicals

and thanks...no I didn't try that pepper,too hot and may really put in danger people who eat it and not accustomed to ,I tried only the slightly piquant pepper from the s-market

Comment

I heard about people who became 'plants/vegetative' only from smell that Carolina.

In Egypt we eat -Manakeesh,Baklava,Knafeh,Iraqi masgouf a lots of other things.

Comment

Yeah that pepper must be extreme! Also I think there is a show on YouTube where they interview celebrities while eating different kind of peppers. So you can see how their
        answers are influenced by the pepper they are chewing. It's fun and it might be worth checking!
        Last edited by [GM]WhiteOwl; 05-05-21, 11:15 AM.

Comment

...it's Parmiggiano Reggiano! Looks like in these forum there is no Off Topic about food, so...here it is! So please post your favorite dish below
          oh and you better pronounce it right! Like Lamborghini... i hate it when it's pronounced wrong >

oh and my fav. dish -->

Some good "Kasspätzl" from Austria:

But also the classic Pasta and so on
          Last edited by pHiLaToR9; 09-05-21, 05:59 AM.
          Wassup :^)

Comment

Didn't know Kasspätzl. Looks delicious, you cook it in the oven, right? I hope I can try it out soon!

Comment

Didn't know Kasspätzl. Looks delicious, you cook it in the oven, right? I hope I can try it out soon!
              nope! Its just some dough u make and then you use a specific tool to make some "mini-mini-mini-mini"-noodles and cook it. After they are done (swimming on the surface and a bit longer for 1 or 2 mins) you you fry them in the fryingpan a bit, but some cheese on top (emmentaler, mozarella or any cheese you like but these 2 are recommended). Some chopped Onions, Salt, Pepper, Parsley and you are done. It's recommended that you have some salat too, otherwise you have a reeeeeeeeeeally heavy feeling in your stomache.

Comment

Cool! Thank you for the info! So now it's all set, I'll cook them on of these days!
                Last edited by [GM]WhiteOwl; 12-05-21, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Cool! Thank you for the info! So now it's all set, I'll cook them on of these days!
                  nice! but you still gonna watch a cooking video or something....to making the dough is the hardest part and it's really not easy to have it perfectly

Comment

Working...
                  X