X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Patch Issues - Windows 8 and Client Errors - UPDATED MARCH 22

Update 5:00pm EST March 22nd.
    We've updated the game server side which should help with the client errors.

In testing we still saw an abundance of 18_1 errors, but this error is a clipping problem, most likely to occur on railings in Dinner Theater.

Other errors should occur a lot less now!

We are still working with the devs on the Windows 8 issue in TOP PRIORITY.

We have received numerous reports over the last 24 hours regarding Cross Fire client errors and incompatibility with Windows 8.

We have been working with the developers over night and have some new fixes coming today which should help with many of the client errors our gamers are experiencing. This fix is currently in testing, as soon as it gets the green light we will be putting it live.

Please note that we have not seen any cases where players have lost items from Slaughter Tickets. If you purchase Slaughter Tickets and kill zombies then error out, you STILL RECEIVE ITEMS even though the Ticket count has gone down and you haven't seen the result screen. Until we can prove otherwise this is the case. We're looking at the Databases now to build our Support Team a better interface to confirm to players this information. We'll have more on it as we go forward.

Windows 8 issues have been reported and are being worked on. When we have a fix for this we will address them as soon as possible.

Stay vigilant! The zombies are coming, and we need to do everything we can to push back the Horde. Even if the technology is failing, we have a duty to kill as many zombies as we can! Especially because it equals free items and points!!

[Former CrossFire Game Manager]
    Click to submit a

Good job.

Comment

finALLY SAIDIN IS HERE
      IGN: narniachroni
      http://clan.z8games.com/charstat_cf.aspx?usn=7522916

Comment

Originally posted by [GM]Saidin View Post
        We have received numerous reports over the last 24 hours regarding Cross Fire client errors and incompatibility with Windows 8.

We have been working with the developers over night and have some new fixes coming today which should help with many of the client errors our gamers are experiencing. This fix is currently in testing, as soon as it gets the green light we will be putting it live.

Windows 8 issues have been reported and are being worked on. When we have a fix for this we will address them as soon as possible.

Stay vigilant! The zombies are coming, and we need to do everything we can to push back the Horde. Even if the technology is failing, we have a duty to kill as many zombies as we can! Especially because it equals free items and points!!
        Last paragraph is good.

Comment

So is the Windows 8 fixes coming today? Or is it just the client/game? Kinda sucks that a lot of us can't play at all, but many people are losing a lot of crates and lost of zp, so it's kinda of a good thing...
          IGN: cookiez*x3
          Yesterday is History,Today is a Gift,Tomorrow is Mystery! (#Tomorrowland2014)
          If u need help please PM me.

Comment

Will there be any type of event held to compensate the lost time?

Comment

Originally posted by teh1337ninj4 View Post
              So is the Windows 8 fixes coming today? Or is it just the client/game? Kinda sucks that a lot of us can't play at all, but many people are losing a lot of crates and lost of zp, so it's kinda of a good thing...
              Just wait you will find out soon.
              IGN: Altair Clan: Evi?[M0nK?
              DarkArtZ: Svanced seriously turn off your old Nokia Cellphone.

Comment

whem i play?

i need play cross fire my window is windows 8 whem i play cross fire again??

Comment

Originally posted by 5uli View Post
                  Will there be any type of event held to compensate the lost time?
                  I think its pure for sure there will be a new event to compensate the lost time.

Comment

Good to hear that you are working over night. I hope it gets patched before I get home.

How can we kill zombies if, uh, we can't? Please extend the event!
                    | IGN niushi | Clan Simplicity. |

| Trillions of stars in the Universe. Billions of people on Earth. One you. |

Comment

Updated.

Please note that we have not seen any cases where players have lost items from Slaughter Tickets. If you purchase Slaughter Tickets and kill zombies then error out, you STILL RECEIVE ITEMS even though the Ticket count has gone down and you haven't seen the result screen. Until we can prove otherwise this is the case. We're looking at the Databases now to build our Support Team a better interface to confirm to players this information. We'll have more on it as we go forward.

We did extensive testing on this, playing ZM and using slaughter tickets, erroring out, pulling the plug on the computer, internet connection etc. And in all cases the player still received prizes from the tickets used up in that game.

[Former CrossFire Game Manager]
                      Click to submit a

Comment

I'm receiving this error when tryin to start the game.
                        I've got Windows 8 32 bit Enterprise Evaluation (im usin it till my bought version comes)

Comment

Finally! I can't wait to play again!

"I am one with the force and the force is with me."

CFWEST MOD / CF Wikia Admin / CF Legends MOD / CF Legends Wikia Admin

Comment

I expect more than just an apology from you guys. Extending events(gm+zm ones) and giving us extra exp would be fair considering that Windows 8 users lost 2 days counting this one too.

Comment

Originally posted by CattLauer View Post
                              I expect more than just an apology from you guys. Extending events(gm+zm ones) and giving us extra exp would be fair considering that Windows 8 users lost 2 days counting this one too.
                              plus the bugs at the weekends ...

Comment

Working...
                              X