11 Tips to becoming pro with high ping

Hi been playing CF for a couple of days now reading guides here and there plus creating a couple of accounts to compare guns, anyway I play from the Philippines..I don't know about you guys and girls(yes there are female players, my GF kicks my ass in this game) but the ping here averages from 250-350 and if anybody else has that problem then here are a few tips and tricks for you^^,

note that some of these things may have been mentioned before or could be common sense for others but for those having trouble and still need a few tricks then read on

1. Get up close and personal, Trust me on this, the first few shots you get on the enemy really don't mean squat unless your internet spikes from 2Mbps to 3Mbps or 256-512Mbps

2. Guns you should use differ from person to person but the ones I found most effective, especially in giving multiple head shots, would be the XM101, SCAR-L, M4a1 or AK-47

3. Get them from behind, don't pay attention to people calling you camper noob or backstabber, there lower ping allows them to see you first before they see you resulting in your death(a tip for noobs calling people hackers,they just react faster coz of the ping)

4. Dunno if you tried game booster yet but it helps a little, or lowering the graphics, some guides say that they only help the fps in game(makes only a difference of -20 here in the philippines) but whatever floats your boat^^,

5. In any mode using knives only, make sure you master using the right click instead of hacking away with your left click coz it'l be virtually impossible to land a charged left click knife attack to a moving player with lower ping(unless he was stationary or a noob)rather than trying to lead shot with a good ol right click stab to where the player might move to next^^,

6. When sniping do not hesitate!I mean it coz players with lower ping react faster. A good strategy is fire a bullet pre-emptively at usual sniping locations(like in egypt, behind the columns just outside their base, the two crates used to get up on the ledges, the space in between the sloping ledge etc. ) you never know when one might think of sniping there and meets your pre-emptive bullet. This also works with highly accurate guns such as the m4 or scar light as for ak users such as myself(it's really illegal in intermediate players hands bwahahaha)camp outside their respawn point and unleash H*LL!!!

7. Learn the map terrain, higher ground is an advantage, the great thing I admire about CF is it's reality check(when you get shot in the head you die bwahahaha)but use tactics,teamwork or whatever the case may be and get to higher ground and get a good overview of the map, this way you see players easily and can take em out with short bursts of fire.

8. Don't be afraid to crouch when you are camping or at an advantage point(higher ground) since the human eye is trained to follow movement, being stationary gives you an advantage since the moving player(preferably at a lower vantage point than you)is concentrated on finding players of the opposite faction via color identification at the level he is on instead of looking up(that lower ground i'm talking about), you blend in with the background by not moving(this is very evident within the map PORT wherein GR would guard site A and stay at the shaded part of the site(facing the BL respawn point).

9. It's ok to be a newb(newbie, new to the game, needs guidance) and ask questions, there are a lot of players willing to help and if not there are guides in the forum to help you out(USE THAT SEARCH FXN)

10.DO NOT HACK!!! i cannot stress this enough but CF is a great game and hacking isn't really necessary, with a little practice and effort you could go pro in 1 week flat, you just have to understand the game, use your brain and Analyze the situation when you join the game. Ask yourself questions like what weapons are they using? how many am I up against? where are the advantage points of the map? how high are the other players ping? communicate with your teammates and never I repeat Never be a hero and travel without backup!!.

11.Last but not least, don't be a noob(childish,whines a lot, blames others for his/her mistakes) and even worse a Choob(high level player who acts like a noob).

Call sign: Fenris_*w*_
Kill Death:4832/941
Battle record: 64 wins 47 loses
Weapon of choice: Ak-47, Deagle

Comments