Mercenary Mode v.2

2»

Comments

• lol i thought that was funny xD but i think if someone wants to play merc. mode on crossfire, they can. its already out on other crossfires... so you cant do anything about it. its coming to american if you like it or not.
  • H4WK3Y3S wrote: »
    quoted for awesome/epic ontopic

I laughed for like 30 seconds :P
  • c0ntroLX wrote: »
    Alright so there have been threads, posts, and flames. If possible i would like to keep this thread limited to constructive criticism and thoughts.

As most of us know mercenary mode or "counter strike mode" is this:

"mercenary mode is like S&D with its own item shop. you start out with nothing but an m9 and a small amount of money. the first round, you can buy a decent pistol (or the colt which is free) and play with that. the second round you get to keep your pistol (if you didnt die) and you can buy a primary weapon. the more powerful, the more expensive. Every time you die, you lose all of your weapons and start back with M9. you get to keep your money tho so you can buy back the guns" - bkarn123

This would be by far the best mode/content we could get for this game. Demand for playing this game will increase, reputation of this NA branch of crossfire will better, and last and definitely not least the crossfire players both competitive and pubbers will have a mode that they can enjoy without worrying about zp.

The gameplay of this mode would require both logic and skill so people dont have to worry about getting awped beginning first round right when you spawn, people wont have to worry about everyone running around with scar lights, full nades and armour. Why? Becuase to make money you have to be somewhat of a good player and have decent intelligence. I know if this mode came to this game i would pub 2 maybe 3 times more than i do now JUST becuase of how versatile, competitive, and fun this game mode can be. I see absolutely NO FLAWS with the idea of this mode and think that if the people who are in charge of this version can try their hardest to get this mode into our game it would be the best thing we ever got.

Pandemic, Zombie, Gr Vs BL, to be perfectly clear and honest is absolute childish non sense/garbage compared to this mode.

To GM's/Mods/Devs/whom it may concern:

Do not reply to this post with comments on terms such as patience, surprises, waiting to see what happens. I also ask you to please give us what you think of this mode and WHY you aren't working to bring it into this game this very moment. Because that is what you SHOULD be doing. Saidan always gives the broadest and least detailed responses to these threads such as "we intend to continue adding content! be patient guys!" and ends it at that. Please try to respect the fact that SOME people in this community are intelligent and deserve a REAL answer with information that can help such as some dates some schedules some things you guys want to work on.

If we get a new mode it SHOULD be mercenary mode, if it is anything else such as zombie this game has failed to please any intelligent part of this community and that is said.

If were going to get a new mode make sure its the RIGHT one that will make the largest and most positive impact; Mercenary Mode.

/Thank you

This mode actually seems logical and playable. Much more preferred then zombie mode. imo.
  • Auugh wrote: »
    @Denxi, well sry for wrongly refrencing you, i guess i havent completely read every single word o.O . Though my opinion will stay the same :p

@VinnMaus, agreed... we seem to be left in the dark a bit too often/too long, its the same with the UK servers, that have been announced, but we don't actually know, if its coming out.
    lol... Please, show me where it was announced. Because I'm pretty sure this is North American crossfire, not "the whole friggin world" crossfire. There are more South American players than EU players anyway, so why not put in a Br server? or a peurto rican server? (not saying i want them to, just trying to get my point across)
  • bkarn, go to the "G4Box" website, its still on its mainpage lol... oh... and i didnt actually say "Z8" did :) ... mightve been unclear, but g4box has :D ... or still does rather

http://www.g4box.com/products.asp

scroll to the right, it clearly says "Cross Fire, a military online shooter game for the PC, will be released by G4BOX INC. in Fall 2008 to North America and UK. " well.. aint no UK server out yet.
  • Gosh if some1 dont like zombie pandemic or diferent ghost mode who cares!? If it will be added in cf an opinion isn´t going to change the fact that will be added any day the same to mercenary mode -.-
  • what pandemic mode? never heard of it
    yes i love counter strike too bad i lag now
  • I highly agree but wouldnt it take some time to bring it into cf?
  • Auugh wrote: »
    bkarn, go to the "G4Box" website, its still on its mainpage lol... oh... and i didnt actually say "Z8" did :) ... mightve been unclear, but g4box has :D ... or still does rather

http://www.g4box.com/products.asp

scroll to the right, it clearly says "Cross Fire, a military online shooter game for the PC, will be released by G4BOX INC. in Fall 2008 to North America and UK. " well.. aint no UK server out yet.

Last time I checked, EU isn't IP banned.
  • Gosh if some1 dont like zombie pandemic or diferent ghost mode who cares!? If it will be added in cf an opinion isn´t going to change the fact that will be added any day the same to mercenary mode -.-
    zombie is pandemic mode... people just call it zombie cause they never played it before
  • what pandemic mode? never heard of it
    yes i love counter strike too bad i lag now
    pandemic mode is zombie mode... but everyone keeps calling it zombie mode... the actual name is pandemic. JP crossfire says so ^^
  • All i know is if there is this mode, all you bads will be denied. :)
    I know for a fact the competitive scene won't change much though, the pings are too unstable to play competitive on. They need to change how everyone interps people and gets jumping headshots. The only thing that would help the competitive community is that the scrims and strats would be very much different, but there are many illogical strat callers these days. Don't really know what to expect but I know I will have a reason to be deaging all them foos :D ECOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • if this mode comes out, you wont need to buy ZP to get GP. lol i tink this is z8games's worst nightmare, ppl not buying ZP. juss use a little logic and u will see why Z8games wouldnt want to implement this mode.
  • cf_lous wrote: »
    agreed, paramedic mode is absolutely kiddish.
    lol lol lol
  • c0ntroLL wrote: »
    Alright so there have been threads, posts, and flames. If possible i would like to keep this thread limited to constructive criticism and thoughts.

"mercenary mode is like S&D with its own item shop. you start out with nothing but an m9 and a small amount of money. the first round, you can buy a decent pistol (or the colt which is free) and play with that. the second round you get to keep your pistol (if you didnt die) and you can buy a primary weapon. the more powerful, the more expensive. Every time you die, you lose all of your weapons and start back with M9. you get to keep your money tho so you can buy back the guns" - bkarn123

This would be by far the best mode/content we could get for this game. Demand for playing this game will increase, reputation of this NA branch of crossfire will better, and last and definitely not least the crossfire players both competitive and pubbers will have a mode that they can enjoy without worrying about zp.

The gameplay of this mode would require both logic and skill so people dont have to worry about getting awped beginning first round right when you spawn, people wont have to worry about everyone running around with scar lights, full nades and armour. Why? Becuase to make money you have to be somewhat of a good player and have decent intelligence. I know if this mode came to this game i would pub 2 maybe 3 times more than i do now JUST becuase of how versatile, competitive, and fun this game mode can be. I see absolutely NO FLAWS with the idea of this mode and think that if the people who are in charge of this version can try their hardest to get this mode into our game it would be the best thing we ever got.

Pandemic, Zombie, Gr Vs BL, to be perfectly clear and honest is absolute childish non sense/garbage compared to this mode.

Do not reply to this post with comments on terms such as patience, surprises, waiting to see what happens. I also ask you to please give us what you think of this mode and WHY you aren't working to bring it into this game this very moment. Because that is what you SHOULD be doing. Saidan always gives the broadest and least detailed responses to these threads such as "we intend to continue adding content! be patient guys!" and ends it at that. Please try to respect the fact that SOME people in this community are intelligent and deserve a REAL answer with information that can help such as some dates some schedules some things you guys want to work on.

If we get a new mode it SHOULD be mercenary mode, if it is anything else such as zombie this game has failed to please any intelligent part of this community and that is said.

If were going to get a new mode make sure its the RIGHT one that will make the largest and most positive impact; Mercenary Mode.

/Thank you

I completely agree with your post. I had the chance to play this mode and its actually really fun.

33e2c86.png
    qspqua.png
    noiyj4.png
    mt18og.png

Weapons are all equal which makes it more competitive.
  • SPOP, SCAR LIGHT, ARMOUR... I'ma ruin it for everyone :D

/Thank you

what kind of ??? r u?? zombie mode is childish?? the only mode we'll ever get are the modes that are already ou for korean cf. so if its not there then we won't get it.
  • Fix the game, I register better on CF CN then CF NA.
  • flaws of this game:
    1)Many people with over 150 ping. personally i would love to see the regions of brazil and turkey banned.
    2)Terrible registry. I know i didn't have this problem whilst playing any other FPS game
    3)X-trap should patch faster but i suppose it is not really part of CF

mercenary mode and zombie mode can only do good. you never know... maybe the Brazilians would start playing zombie mode and there will be a sudden decrease in blatant wallers in S&D. but ya i agree zombie mode is wack
  • 1st: We're getting new mode. Wichever it is P.M. or M.M. be happy that we got something new. Period.
    2nd: As from what I know no one forced "old school pro" players like you (sarcasm there) to play the mode. Don't like it? Don't play. No need to be saying how it fails for you.
    3rd: Why would CrossFire copy on Counter Strike? And if CS is what you love, why won't you stick to Counter Strike and leave CrossFire and P.M. to those who want it?
    4th: Can't not agree with the fact a whole lot more players wait for P.M.
  • iiTwAsLucK wrote: »
    It's $9.99

okladka-640.jpg

But luck.. I spent 100$ trying to get a Kriss I can't afford a REAL game!
    Great idea! Let's see how that works out for you.
    c0ntroLL wrote: »
    No matter how good the odds are for zombie mode being released this is still the truth.

1. Bad mode

2. Bad players like the mode

3. Way too unrealistic

4. Stupid

Mercenary mode SHOULD be the next mode to be released with out a doubt.
    Anybody who would prefer zombie mode over merc. mode is either under the age of 14 or bad at this game.
    i should be able to communicate with them in a better way than the e net where saidan can bs me without seeing my face.
    It's a stupid idea, and a stupid mode. Idiot GM's get pushed around by Devs and little kids so they force out a zombie mode that makes no sense.

Hmm..
    You obviously like "Mercenary mode" over zombies etc... But your "constructive criticism" made my day.
  • Anyone who denies Controll is a "kid." Funny 0.0
  • Mem said it best.

Aside from that, lets look at what you are talking about. You--a competitive player-- believe that mercenary mode is the be all end all mode for crossfire. Why? Because it is a nearly exact replica of counter strike? is there another reason?

Everything you say is laden with personal belief. You talk all high and mighty about the competitive needs/wants, yet this is Crossfire. The majority of people who play this game play for fun. If you want a specific competitive mode and playing field, it would be much more beneficial for you to just find a game that provides both: in this case counter-strike does the trick though i'm sure there are plenty of CS style games that would work.

A lot of people want zombie mode. I'll never understand why..imho its terrible but to each his own. I play ghost mode which has its own strategical elements as well as skill involved which you of the "competitive community" choose not to see because it doesn't mirror the almighty CS. As far as I can tell the only things that please our so called "competitive community" are CS remakes. The majority of them fail to even try to see how a different mode could become competitive because guess what? Its not straight S&D or CS style S&D.

I'm tired of our competitive players do nothing but talk trash on everything that isn't "a real mode" when their only reference for a real mode is "CS" or "MW." This isn't CS or MW, and while the forumers tend to be people who would prefer such changes to the game, you are not the only people that play. This games development does not revolve around you.

I'll take what we get and play what I feel like, because I play for fun not to talk trash on everyone and everything I don't like.
  • Got to agree with SexyAwen. Read the post. (ignore the 1st part of it)
  • However its a giant rip of css, i like the idea and a very good explanation. But.. it will probaly not b inserted in the game. They are just gonna copy chinese cf for the biggest part.