XTrap Error fixes and Data Collection

Hello Z8 Gamers!

We've been tracking the current Xtrap issues, and the biggest issue we currently see is the "XTrap has Failed to initialize" type error.

It won't allow people to run the game!

This is an error we would like to fix. In an attempt to collect better data for our Developers and Xtrap we need some specific information from the people receiving this error.

Specifically we need to know:

1. What Anti Virus program are you using?

2. Have you added any xtrap or game files to an exception list?

3. Have you tried disabling the virus program during installation and running of the game?

As for Solutions to the problem.

First make sure your running Cross Fire in administrator mode.

McAffee has updated their program and should no longer detect any CF Files are false positives.

Some free virus scanners are detecting some CF files as trojans. This is a FALSE POSITIVE. CF Contains no malicious files.

Make sure to disable your virus scanner during all phases of the game. Download, Installation and Running. At the very least as a test to see if the game functions normally under these conditions.

We are specifically looking to see if there is a common anti virus program that is causing these errors while the game is running.

Also please review other threads like Crackindomes suggestion:
http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=21570

And another thread on McAffe:
http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=22126

These threads may contain helpful hints to getting your Cf running.

Lastly, Xtrap has been known to conflict with SOME video caputuring and voice communication software. Skype, Fraps etc. may not run properly or conflict with the game when running. Make sure to try and close those extra programs down when running CF. Again, as a test to see if the game will function without them.

We will be looking for Xtrap updates that will fix some of these compatibility issues, but right now we need to collect as much data as possible.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• 1. What Anti Virus program are you using?

Avast

Added exceptions to the Firewall

3. Have you tried disabling the virus program during installation and running of the game?

Multiple times, didn't work
  • the GM closed my thread, i just wanted to say that im not concern about the detected file, instead am concern about the hacks that bypassed the x-trap. Its just unfair to others who are innocent and being a victim of those people who used hacks to kill those innocent or newb people.
  • I have another problem!!! THE GAME IS NOT WORKING AGAIN FOR WINDOWS 7 EVEN IF I START IT IN COMPATIBILITY MODE!!! I PLAYED IT FOR ONE WEEK AND NOW IS NOT WORKING AGAIN!!!!
  • AV using:

Avira

Adding to exception list:

tried to put and to remove nothing do

Closing AV

my AV is currently closed since this patch and i still receive the same issue
  • "Timed out waiting for initialing xtrap-engine"

- Avast! 4.8 Professional

- Yes

- Many times and still no result.

Laptop TOSHIBA Satellite A200
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7500
    ATI Radeon HD2600 (512 RAM)
    Realtek HD Audio
    3 GB RAM
    XP (SP3)
    IE8 (it's integrated and I don't know how to change it for IE6)
    Internet Connection 7200 kbps
    ISP Provider Eircom
  • 1.SUPERAntiSpyware FREE EDITION

2.No

3.Dunno how to with my anti virus >.>
  • 1. McAfee
    2. I went and un-quarantined the crossfire initializer
    3. I even tried lowering firewall, I don't know how to shut it down completely

I keep receiving an error that says File is changed: W[2007] L[2] crossfire.exe This appears after X-trap begins initializing. The box has HGWC in the top left corner.

Do I need to uninstall or something?
  • File is changed: W[2007] L[2]

I am using McAfee.

2. Have you added any X-trap or game files to an exception list?
    I have added crossfire to exception list.

Yes i disabled virus protection, spyware protection, system guards, and the fire wall.

I have played the fully updated version once, and now every time I want to play it tries to update, nothing happens then the X-trap and HGW pop up they dont do anything then it says File is changed: W[2007] L[2]
    I am using McAfee.

2. Have you added any X-trap or game files to an exception list?
    I have added crossfire to exception list.

Yes i disabled virus protection, spyware protection, system guards, and the fire wall.

I have played the fully updated version once, and now every time I want to play it tries to update, nothing happens then the X-trap and HGW pop up they dont do anything then it says File is changed: W[2007] L[2]

That is exactly what happened to me and i got it to work. What i did was I restored crossfire.exe off quarantine list. Then I updated McAfee. I then uninstalled Crossfire and deleted the files and then reinstalled it and it worked. Try that and let me know what happened
  • Some solutions to some problems :D

Ok im the one who affront this solution too as well and i guess that i found the error cause after a lot of search i will tell my error then i will say my way to solve it :
    If u have The error report either from the Patcher_cf or the HGWC means that ur game files are corrupted
    Solution :
    Try to reinstall it if u have the same error than u have got the WIN.32 Virus U must Scan ur pc then reinstall the game
    or the best way to make sure of it Format ur pc :D
    Another Problem :
    If u got the message Failed to initialize x-trap engine Solution :
    1st of all make sure of ur anti virus cause the free antivirus give False Detections sometimes so Try disablin it or pass the Xtrap and the patcher_cf from ur antivirus firewall..................
    Or Format ur Pc and Get a new Antivirus :P
    Now The problem about File is changed i had this problem once but its ur game problem Solution : try downloading the game from another mirror The Setup file Must be 364MB cause CNET.net made the Setup File 360.5Mb .......... and its not workin
    Anyway there is another problem which i have affronted and im gonna try my solution today which is when u start the game and everything loads ,,, and it supposed to open the game window now a message pop ups sayin : Close the game Client then try again ........ My Virtual Solution : I will have to Reinstall a new window on My Pc which must be a good one .............. cause i guess that mine is a bad copy .....

Hope that my Topic was helpfully ..........

Thx again ^^

*-Scout-*
  • Lmao

[don't watch my english i know it is horrible] I spended more then 100 euro on this game and now i can't play? i hope you guys got some good things in for me. i use Nod32 as Virusscan and i have the same 'time out' thing.
    i am Quite good in that sort of thing but i can't figure out anything, i hope you guys got patched soon, but i saw nobody got nod32. so i posted this one. i tried on widows 7 Ultimate didn't work, Windows XP 64 Bit didn't work and widows black didn't work, so that is a problem you guys got to solve....
    none.

I run windows XP 64 bit edition. I have never had anti-virus software on this system and I can not run this game for over a week now since the hacker program changed. I am able to run on a different system that is using vista. I have uninstalled and deleted all filders and files and re-boot. a fresh download of the software to get the same result when the hacker protection runs. it updates and nothing for a couple of minutes. Then the Xtrap error.
  • The Fix...

Ok, so I used to have the W[2007]L[2] error also but I figured out how to fix it. (I think) If adding the whole crossfire program doesnt work do this:
    Dont Disable Anti Virus or anything. It puts your Comp at risk.
    Find the file McAfee added as a trojan.
    Restore only that file, it should start as "Artemis"
    Then, reinstall cf, and play!
    Worked for me, just trying to help!
  • Cris7712 wrote: »
    "Timed out waiting for initialing xtrap-engine"

- Avast! 4.8 Professional

- Yes

- Many times and still no result.

Laptop TOSHIBA Satellite A200
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7500
    ATI Radeon HD2600 (512 RAM)
    Realtek HD Audio
    3 GB RAM
    XP (SP3)
    IE8 (it's integrated and I don't know how to change it for IE6)
    Internet Connection 7200 kbps
    ISP Provider Eircom

Well. I changed the system for Windows 7 Professional 32 bit and now everything works perfectly. I still have the same anti-virus program (Avast Pro), and IE8. I hope z8 solve this problem, and the rest of the players also will be able to play.
    Regards
  • x-trap & magic jack voip phone

Hey every1
    I`m having a problem with my magic jack phone , x-trap dissables it , to get it to work again i have to do the following ,1.Uninstall the USB device before unplugging the phone, ( at this time i am unable to shut off the software ,it does not respond and will not shut down ,this is where loose control of my operating system , when i try to restart windows it stalls trying to shut off magic jack , but it doesn`t respond and i then must use the reset button to reboot windows . Then after windows reboots i have to reinstall magic jack for it to work.

Also i use a microsoft sidewinder gamers mouse that has 2 programmable buttons programmed thru microsoft ipoint software,i have 1 prog for keystroke "R" for reload and the other keystroke is "4" for grenade use and x-trap has disabled this too , this is important to me ,i`m handicapped with muscular dystrophy, i can only use my thumb to move with wsad keys ,i can`t do any key combo moves like jump and move or crouch and jump thru windows ,so i need those 2 little macros to reload and throw nades ,your software didn`t stop any hackers from cheating ,it just stopped an old handicapped guy from using 2 little macro buttons ,,,come on people what the heck.

I`m having a hard enough time against honest players who can jump and reload and jump and shoot and when you get players with good skills too i`m doin the best i can to keep the K/D i have, ( 1.5x for now but hackers are tacking it down ), but your making it hard for honest players ,your not doing enough. Fortunatly a have skills and tactics that make me a pretty good player anyway,BUT YOUR STILL NOT DOING ENOUGH, send in GM`s ,annonmousely with the authority to ban on site of hacking.

- Nod32 and Malewarebytes antimalware

- Yes

- Many times and still no result. I disable the both and didn't work

In addition, I can't download a new version 1034 from your Mirror 12-3 or 4 ; It's disconnect from server at the end of the download ???

I ve Window XP.

When did you interest to us and find a vey quick solution ; WE CANT PLAY WITH YPUR LAST UPDATE SO PLEASE FIND QUICKLY A SOLUTION . IT IS BORING
    For your information I played to other games in line which used Xtrap and it's work perfectly ; So, the problem come from you and you have to find a solution...

In addition, Just one question => Could you confirm if I install windows seven , it will works at 100%???
  • Specifically we need to know:

1;My anti-virus is ESET NOD32 ANTI-VIRUS

2;No i didn`t

3;i did it several times,and xtrap doesn`t initialise at all.It cease to load xtrap after 1-2 seconds and 1 minute later,i get the timed out message.
    norton security and avast
    no
    . Have you tried disabling the virus program during installation and running of the game?
    yes and i see Timed out waiting for initialing xtrap-enigne

AVG

Added exceptions to the Firewall

Multiple times, didn't work
  • I have the timed out xtrap failed initialing engine whatever ..
    i'm using : AVAST home edition 4.8
    I've tried disabling it when i try to run game etc...
    i'm using xp media center sp 3
    i've tried clicking aload of buttons on and off in IE8 to see if it was linked with an option but with no succes.
    I can't uninstall IE 8 because it is Linked up with too many files on my cpu and dont want to risk Messing up my cpu for crossfire, not worth it so I'm hoping you guys shall Find a solution to a good faithful paying customer...
  • error

hi i have the same problem with xtrap error, the error that i have is the following:

HGWC
    FILE CHANGED: W[2007]L[0]
    REZ\RB001.REZ

thats it, i dont know how to fix it, im not a profesional of computers i leave that to you. how do you expect that 11 eleven year old kids can fix a problem like this?. ok, hope you find the solution, before we all get tired and quit playing the game, it happened with all the patchs.
  • mmm

1.- avg

2.- no, i just ru it as admin

3.- yes. i run gamebooster and i close all programs with it. i also have tried to run cf without gamebooster. and closing avg. but is the same....
    xtrap loads but the window that says "hgw game watcher" and its supposed to "check" it dosnt do anything just stays without saying checking like always i tried everything!!!!!
  • Antiviruz I have the AVG 9.0

Then I open my crossfire cuendo not open anything at all I can to be my
    I have the antiviruz Antivirus AVG Free 9.0 can be the ber please look at
    I want to play crossfire

Currently None

Nope

Nope

My game randomly crashes when i enter a server and i get this message,

The game cannot run properly
    error code [50-0300-00000000-600]

Pleae help me if you can

Vipre

I dissabled my Virus protection

Yes....

I have Vista...

-Sno
  • dll

Hi All.

Exercise book to me that the file is "Unable to load Ltmsg.dll.
    What do you eat?
  • Bump, I still have the x-trap timeout issue on Windows XP x64. Any news on the x-trap update?Did they fix this?

I haven't been able to play for more than 2 weeks now, this is NOT COOL :(

Please tell me if x-trap needs some special ports open in the router firewall.
  • Amazing. Down for a week with this issue. Uninstalled Internet Explorer down to the most basic version to get the hack software to work so I could play. Now a new patch and this error is back again. Worst patching game ever.
This discussion has been closed.