Cant save/change settings

Hello,

Few days ago I downloaded Crossfire on my brand new laptop win11 (bought it 6 months ago), once I start the client I get this message "Please check the keyboard you are using it may not function properly.." and for some reason the sound turns off and if I change settings in-game they wont save when I restart the client. also I cant find a "Crossfire" file in my documents.

I already sent a ticket to the support staff and tried to follow the steps they stated but it couldn't solve the problem. 

any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• [MOD]ShadowRo
    edited October 2022
    1. CF is not yet support windows 11 , all other issues you may run into because of windows 11 won't have a verified solution so far.

2. Seems your game is unable to access and write inside My Documents, most common causes ( at least for Windows 7, 8 and 10 ) are : 

-  Game write inside My Documents is restricted by another program, such as antivirus protection ( some antiviruses have an extra feature to protect personal files and deny write access to any unknown programs ) - in this case add game exe files to all antivirus exceptions should solve-it

- Microsoft Onedrive is open in background and keep sync files inside My Documents with a copy from cloud, most easy fix is to stop onedrive and close-it.

- Game don't have enough permissions - set game to always start as administrator is also a possible fix.

- Location of My Documents is not accessible in any way: possible surface problems, incorrect or wrong defined path and other windows side problems.
    Gamer since 1997