31_10 error when i join the game

I cleanly installed crossfire from their site. After entering any lobby, I get the error 31_10 within about 5 seconds of the match. I looked at the topics opened by the people who got this error on the forum and did the same (like updating version.ini). My version in version.ini is 1386. I typed 1387 and re-entered the game. This time I got a 1 hour ban. How can I solve this problem? I try everyhing...

Comments

• To clean install game follow instructions from here :
    https://forum.z8games.com/discussion/325292/file-modifications/p1

• Also go on My Documents \ Cross Fire \ and delete files inside ( except print screen and savegame you wish to keep )
      ** is important to use a tool as CCleaner to clean windows temp files and reg files
      Then after you fresh download and install game, go on game location and start patcher_cf.exe as administrator, now game launcher will open and should do a small patch/update to last version.
      When PLAY button will be available, close the game launcher and check version.ini again, now you should have correct version ( as today is 1387 ) , then go on version.ini properties, security, and change policy for USERS and ADMINISTRATORS : on WRITE check DENY ( as you can see here : https://forum.z8games.com/discussion/6911339/definitive-version-ini-workaround )
      Always start patcher_cf.exe as administrator, now game should work fine
      Just need to remember before next patch to allow users to write inside version.ini, else you will remain with today version number and after game will update you will get again error you have old version.
  • @Dark_Thunder said:
    To clean install game follow instructions from here :
    https://forum.z8games.com/discussion/325292/file-modifications/p1

• Also go on My Documents \ Cross Fire \ and delete files inside ( except print screen and savegame you wish to keep )
      ** is important to use a tool as CCleaner to clean windows temp files and reg files
      Then after you fresh download and install game, go on game location and start patcher_cf.exe as administrator, now game launcher will open and should do a small patch/update to last version.
      When PLAY button will be available, close the game launcher and check version.ini again, now you should have correct version ( as today is 1387 ) , then go on version.ini properties, security, and change policy for USERS and ADMINISTRATORS : on WRITE check DENY ( as you can see here : https://forum.z8games.com/discussion/6911339/definitive-version-ini-workaround )
      Always start patcher_cf.exe as administrator, now game should work fine
      Just need to remember before next patch to allow users to write inside version.ini, else you will remain with today version number and after game will update you will get again error you have old version.

IT WORKS ! Thanks ...

• sailorhawk
    edited June 2021

Oh man... version.ini 1386 again.. I deleted the game and re-install. I did what you said again but this time launcher didn't do a small update

• @[MOD]ShadowRo said:

• After fresh install game, don't open game launcher, just go on game location and see what is latest version inside version.ini
    • If latest version is 1386 then it should do a patch/update when start first time, if not then follow those steps to reset TCP/IP and flush DNS on PC:
    1. Hold down the Windows key and press S. (This will open the search dialogue.)
    2. Type cmd and choose to run cmd as administrator (This will open a command prompt as administrator.)
    3. Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
    4. Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter.
    5. Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    6. Turn off your Modem/Router and wait 5 minutes
    7. Turn your Modem/Router back on, wait until it booted completely
    8. Back on your PC, type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    9. Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    10. Reboot your computer.
      Now it should patch to 1387 - after finish to patch check latest version to be 1387 and proceed with deny write permission for all windows users

i did what you said but no... nothing happened. When i open patcher_cf , not patching

• @[MOD]ShadowRo said:
    Add game to antivirus exception, if you are using windows defender , here is a video how to:
    https://youtu.be/uHV0TgVKNZQ?t=17

• If you manage to add port forward inside router will be great, but that depend on each router menu.

and i did this. Nothing happened too

• @sailorhawk said:

@[MOD]ShadowRo said:

• After fresh install game, don't open game launcher, just go on game location and see what is latest version inside version.ini
    • If latest version is 1386 then it should do a patch/update when start first time, if not then follow those steps to reset TCP/IP and flush DNS on PC:
    1. Hold down the Windows key and press S. (This will open the search dialogue.)
    2. Type cmd and choose to run cmd as administrator (This will open a command prompt as administrator.)
    3. Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
    4. Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter.
    5. Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    6. Turn off your Modem/Router and wait 5 minutes
    7. Turn your Modem/Router back on, wait until it booted completely
    8. Back on your PC, type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    9. Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    10. Reboot your computer.
      Now it should patch to 1387 - after finish to patch check latest version to be 1387 and proceed with deny write permission for all windows users

i did what you said but no... nothing happened. When i open patcher_cf , not patching

I don't know how it happened, but I went into the version.ini file and wrote 1387 by hand. Then I denied for all users and this time it patched... So yes problem solved