Why is CF west the only CF without "region locks"?

Why was this never introduced? EU had a system that made people from other parts of the planet harder to join. CF RU has a mail.ru phone verification. The other Asian ones have a language barrier. CF BRAZIL blocks people from registering in Europe. What happened to CF Egypt or MENA? From my experience what? about 90% of the playerbase on west are from the MENA region, and I am wondering, why? Communication with them is impossible. They don't even seem to know "a" or "b" in ranked, and all you get is the 3a4 or a7a spam whatever it means. Or you get ksomak, ksomk or variations. I don't even know whether I should report this or not for foul language. And they all assume everyone is from their language part. What happened to bordering Middle East and African players from CF WEST?

Comments

• 1. The MENA server had problems (I think they had to change location) and had to be shut down. Last I heard, they were looking for a new one.
    2. They will still be able to enter the other servers, or at least they could. There are too few players to have a region-lock here. MENA could have their own CF-version, but that would only mean that everybody outside the region (of the players that make up CF-West), wouldn't be able to play CF anymore as there wouldn't be enough players to keep that server alive.

It not a question of with or without, it's a question of with or not at all.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Simple: MENA has no own CF client so they're able to play on West.
  • We do have region blocks for regions that are licensed by other versions. For the MENA region we actually have a lot of the licensing. You can check for specific licensing on Smilegates website under their 'global service' area.
  • Communication is indeed atrocious in this game.

May it be to coordinate with your mates or argue against a votekick. Like 90%, I don't have a foundation for the very basics of communication.
  • As an Egyptian I do not recommend you using the "words" you said again because they are basically swear words. xD
    Except "3A4" which means something like "Good job", "Well done" or "Nice one".
  • Why was this never introduced? EU had a system that made people from other parts of the planet harder to join. CF RU has a mail.ru phone verification. The other Asian ones have a language barrier. CF BRAZIL blocks people from registering in Europe. What happened to CF Egypt or MENA? From my experience what? about 90% of the playerbase on west are from the MENA region, and I am wondering, why? Communication with them is impossible. They don't even seem to know "a" or "b" in ranked, and all you get is the 3a4 or a7a spam whatever it means. Or you get ksomak, ksomk or variations. I don't even know whether I should report this or not for foul language. And they all assume everyone is from their language part. What happened to bordering Middle East and African players from CF WEST?

you wonder why 90% is mena nowadays? its cause after cfna was only cf version was aviable for rest of the world without learning mendarine or kyrliyk languange (im not englsh native speaker so by now you figured out what 2 languages i mean) after cf eu and cf na was competetive most eus switched to cf eu, but i stayed and cf eu closed now all merged from cf (br,sp, and what so on to cf na) the last 7 years cf na was captured by arabic players that destroyed the fun for other players of any other regions, that reason for arabic players still on is that they still dont kick each other (cheating or not they keep themselves) and boost each others and so kicked out any other region of players base of cf then mena and you still ask for an answer???? then just as example search my profile there you can see "answers" of players from mena "trying" to defend why they shouldnt be blocked from IP like other countries like germany from where i am and still some players it would be " honor" to be from mena region even if that is the reason fom 7 years ago it started there the most players using cheats and get protected from the same country or at least same speaking playerbase defended players that destroyed the whole playerbase, and some of them thinking "we should be grateful" that they are now here.... so its your point to find the sarcasm out now....

ps* region locks existed cause some players convinced gms that other country were fault of cheating, but in reality it hasnt changed in 9 years+ so they removed all region locks in hope to get more players but mouth propaganda was faster then the staffs brains... so easy said

pss+ if it wasnt obvious enough in the last 5 years there was 90% of the cheaters of the mena region that defended themselfes even against the rules so the provoked to be mostly oney mena player base with that
  • I welcome a region lock for sure , locking Egyptian players out of EU and NA servers - as long as MENA servers are brought back - would please lots of people maybe even reduce the level of toxicity of the player base a little ,GMs did great by bringing MENA servers into the game , it was for short period sadly but it was a great experience ( for me at least ), the servers were later removed because the DC issues and never came back sadly.

I'm an Egyptian btw and I definitely understand why we are hated , as Quake said most if not all of the cheaters are Egyptians , and as Jostus said " Communication with them is impossible " is very true as most of them are young kids who barely know any English as well as having zero strategic playstyle only running around the map - doesn't matter which mode - until you find an enemy , This is infuriating for sure especially in ranked where every move is critical.

so forget about region lock as long as there isn't any reliable MENA servers :(.
  • This game already has a low population of players, and yall want a region block (SMH). I miss those days/ that era where all the BRs were running around. It was a pain but we took it for granted, the fact that it meant Crossfire had a healthy population. Now a days when i log, it breaks my heart & my eyes start tearing up T.T ITs just a matter of time. Here for a good time, not a long time </3
  • Why i am unable to connect crossfire NA getting error 'Failed to connect to server' is anyone else facing same issue
  • As a old CF EU player the transfer to global CF was expected, but the game we were transferred from was completely different. We had clear communication, we had competitive scene which was booming, we had better winning chances from crates and also had our share of tilting players and toxic trolls but I think over all everything was fine.

When the transfer happened most of us were excited that we would get more people on servers and we get what the EU had twice or thrice as big and everything I mentioned earlier. When I logged CF West first time and started playing, I was little bit shocked by what state the game was in. Toxic players speaking multiple languages and communication was non existent, servers were a mess and still are, your chance to win permanent guns are as low in a IRL lottery and you get kicked for just being good at the game.

It was like I started playing a completely different game and many times I've had to take multiple breaks just I can keep my sanity because of this mess of game. That's why I would also support some kind of region block so everybody can play with people speaking the same language for clearer communication and healthier player base.
  • I am a representative of the Russian server and i can write, about Rucf no has region block. Rucf has login with email and all. Rucf have official VPN ! i waite time when CF West opens for all who want to play in this server.(because not logical, not correct, useless )

5fdfda63fec2.png
  • vittadhfg wrote: »
    I am a representative of the Russian server and i can write, about Rucf no has region block. Rucf has login with email and all. Rucf have official VPN ! i waite time when CF West opens for all who want to play in this server.(because not logical, not correct, useless )

Mail.ru requires a russian mobile number. without one you cannot register.

• Mail.ru requires a russian mobile number. without one you cannot register.

now i register new account and i no use mobile phone! (if your need help writte me i can help you)

look this video
  • i no understand why people from MENA region play in EU server with so big ping

28c979f4029c.jpg
    i no understand why people from MENA region play in EU server with so big ping

Because they don't care. And because they don't understand english in general the majority of times. They got their own servers in 2019. What happened? Noone played there. They still played on EU with bad pings.

• Because they don't care. And because they don't understand english in general the majority of times. They got their own servers in 2019. What happened? Noone played there. They still played on EU with bad pings.

Actually some did after a while. At weekends the MENA server was almost full. There are benefits of high ping. The last "multi-character week" when we all had to play in the NA server, as EU was down and we where blocked from MENA. I had by best kill-streaks in FFA ever with a 100-120 ping, you became almost immortal, if they sprayed a whole magazine on you, you where hit maybe with 1 or 2 shots sometimes. Meaning that tap-shooters couldn't hit you at all. In knife-only, you could cut someone down from a greater distance and they almost never managed to cut you. Almost all TDM maps where the same. In s&d it became harder to play though. All the above taken into account that your enemies had lower ping.

After playing that week, If anyone says that high-ping is worse to have than low ping in this game (for FFA and TDM) can crap their pants.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Painanator wrote: »

After playing that week, If anyone says that high-ping is worse to have than low ping in this game (for FFA and TDM) can crap their pants.

This is so true. Been there, done that.

Actually some did after a while. At weekends the MENA server was almost full. There are benefits of high ping. The last "multi-character week" when we all had to play in the NA server, as EU was down and we where blocked from MENA. I had by best kill-streaks in FFA ever with a 100-120 ping, you became almost immortal, if they sprayed a whole magazine on you, you where hit maybe with 1 or 2 shots sometimes. Meaning that tap-shooters couldn't hit you at all. In knife-only, you could cut someone down from a greater distance and they almost never managed to cut you. Almost all TDM maps where the same. In s&d it became harder to play though. All the above taken into account that your enemies had lower ping.

The netcode of the game is a miracle. For example, if you continuously fire at an enemy, shots are bound to not be registered. For example if a weapon kills a player in 5 bodyshots, if you fire those slow with tapfire, you kill within 5 shots. But if you sprayfire exactly 5 shots, the target survives 80% of the time. I tested this. And if one lags, he survives even more.
    And it always favor the other one. If I lag, I get corner killed all the time when I run away. If I shoot a high pinger, he never corner dies, he survives half a mag.
    i no understand why people from MENA region play in EU server with so big ping

28c979f4029c.jpg

Cuz that delay makes you a damage sponge, it doesnt counts every hit on them properly, dont know if you got the 2 rings that you can buy permanent (dont know which of the 2 rings give you this but you will know what i mean) that gives you the benefit of hitmarkers marked with an crosssight cross on the counted impact spot. Use this ring shoot at such players and compare on how many counted markers you get on them and ten compare it when you die in the damage list of how much damage you actually made. for a time i played with intention on NA server where i have 100+ ping too, i was able to roll and stand in front of enemys way longer, i could even see how some players are over asked if the 1-2 shots didnt kill right away and start spraying without getting you.

But this problem got since the last 5+ years worse and was never overworked, even the gms saw it very very often and even responded in such threads,but since then never it got fixed, for me as normal ping from 20, when i encounter them laggers it doesnt matter if i have BP stuff or not they can even 1 shot me through objects with 1 shot, but when i give them Headshots mostly it does 77 damage and then i need still 4-5 more shots on them until gets counted as a solid shot.

Btw. if you cant look at the markers where you hit and compare the damage you did make nvidia experience or any record programming online while playing and replay it then.
  • The game would be dead already without MENA players.

• The netcode of the game is a miracle. For example, if you continuously fire at an enemy, shots are bound to not be registered. For example if a weapon kills a player in 5 bodyshots, if you fire those slow with tapfire, you kill within 5 shots. But if you sprayfire exactly 5 shots, the target survives 80% of the time. I tested this. And if one lags, he survives even more.
    And it always favor the other one. If I lag, I get corner killed all the time when I run away. If I shoot a high pinger, he never corner dies, he survives half a mag.

You don't know if you should laugh or cry when you see how crappy this game-engine is compared to other online-games these days. I play the roll-call event, because it's easy and gives out nice prices for the work put in. Played a little ZM-Extra last weekend otherwise I have almost stopped playing for now.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • The occasional egy bashing is back I see.

So glad this community can always accurately pinpoint what the problems are.

“Region block the egys”

XD

I had by best kill-streaks in FFA ever with a 100-120 ping, you became almost immortal

How? Just... HOW? I can't do anything with a 120 ping, I shoot at someone then he just teleports and I die. Of course you hear the bang from the sound barrier they break when they move so fast. Not that 120 ping is common for me, but the times it do happen... I'm screwed lol.
  • hwjhwj wrote: »

How? Just... HOW? I can't do anything with a 120 ping, I shoot at someone then he just teleports and I die. Of course you hear the bang from the sound barrier they break when they move so fast. Not that 120 ping is common for me, but the times it do happen... I'm screwed lol.

Don't know how, I just played FFA and TDM in the NA server and I wasn't alone in it happening like this either. All in the top in those matches, was 100+ ping, those who did worst were those with lowest ping. Usually, I am very happy if I break even while playing FFA and have always wondered how you manage to get a score like 160/50 without cheating, as I have seen some people do it. This time I got my answer, have high ping and play against people who have low ping. Worked for all FFA maps I played. In TDM there were some maps where it didn't work, it got a lot harder instead. But it worked very well in Egypt and Ship at least.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • i wonder why they keep a thread like that without being deleted ..
    Egyptians are here before u even be here kid!
    why u think they merged EU with us? grow up
    simply egys insult > u report .. take it or leave it
    anyways .. just rage more and cry me a river :):):):):):):):):):):):):)
  • "3a4" means "nice" or "well done"
    "a7a" means "what the F*** ??" or "I'm disappointed in you" or "what are you doing?!?!"
    just to let you guys know :)

greetings from germany :)