Growing toxicity in matches towards non CFL or ESL players

What's up with this? I shouldn't get kicked or be slandered of being an eBay bot account noob in pub matches if I use M14 and don't want to use AK/Colt setup. Why this has become some kind of requirement now days? In the past week I've met more and more these kind of players. Let people play what ever guns they want for cripes sake.

Comments

• You can ignore them? If it's just a pub match anyone's free to play whatever they want.
  • [USER="6227450"]SixString327[/USER] Yes I can and I do mostly ignore these kinds of messages, but when I kicked for using a certain weapon constantly it becomes a problem. There seems to be this stigma that if you don't use your Vanilla AK and M4 you get kicked for "being a total clueless noob".
  • [USER="6227450"]SixString327[/USER] Yes I can and I do mostly ignore these kinds of messages, but when I kicked for using a certain weapon constantly it becomes a problem. There seems to be this stigma that if you don't use your Vanilla AK and M4 you get kicked for "being a total clueless noob".

to be fair you sound like a TMP user. I would much rather go up against vips than Tmp/evo/9a which require little skill and are impossible to kill once they land a hit.
  • [USER="18323516"]DaDumbBung[/USER] I'm not anymore of a TMP user than the next guy, but my point was that any and I mean ANY weapon besides AK/M4 is forbidden and banished to the depths of hell by the Scrim/ESL community. I have been called out for using the freaking original AK-12. I guess if you won't play scrim, you aren't supposed to play at all.
  • Arrogance and Insecurity.
    Arrogance in thinking they are the best.
    Insecurity in getting proved otherwise. They can't bare loosing even if their enemy plays with a handicap.

If we are to rank player ability a little.
    NOOB/Low - Where almost all of us start.
    Mid - This is where most of us are and keep being in (me included).
    High - This category is broken down in other categories bellow

1.Regular High - This is where the good players who doesn't care for competition are or those that are on their way to getting better.

1,5.Wannabe Pro - This category is where the most troublemakers are, when it comes to what you are describing. They are usually among the best with one weapon (e.g. AK-47 or M4) in one mode (e.g. S&D or Elimination) and/or map. Some strive to get better and jump up to the pro category, but most gets stuck here, which really is fine as they are still among the best in a game. But many also think they are at the top, they usually treat lower tier players as crap. They are more concerned with stats and how other people see them, rather than with the skill it self. They are obsessive when it comes to K/D or Wins. So much that they can't bare other players winning over them in any way. They have forgotten where they started themselves and try to find any excuse to throw out players "who are dragging them down" or enemies who might beat them. They really can't stand players worse then them getting a handicap by using another weapon. These players existed already back when I played Q2 and UT, when there really where few weapons to choose from.
    They don't like to challenge them self and are set in their ways.

2.Pro - These players are few and they are awesome to watch. No matter what weapon they use they do great in the mode/modes that they have specialized in. They adapt quick to their enemies play-style and weapons and usually beat them no matter what. Instead of stagnating, they are trying to evolve and become even better.

3.True Pro - Extremely rare, they excel in any (or almost any) mode they try. They can learn to adapt even quicker than the regular pro.

We also have a special category

4.Natural Pro - They excel in any game they try, with just 1 or 2 tries. These players are 1 in 1000.000 at most.
    I have had the pleasure of watching one of these players some years ago at a LAN. A real mouthy Wannabe Pro got thrashed bad in that LAN too. The Wannabe had a real nice expensive setup with top tier stuff. The Natural had an old fat-screen and a just as old mechanical mouse (the ones with a ball within). Through the weekend the Natural beat everyone largely in any game we played, even if it were the first time he played it. The wannabe never played with us again.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Painanator wrote: »
    Arrogance and Insecurity.
    Arrogance in thinking they are the best.
    Insecurity in getting proved otherwise. They can't bare loosing even if their enemy plays with a handicap.

1,5.Wannabe Pro - This category is where the most troublemakers are, when it comes to what you are describing. They are usually among the best with one weapon (e.g. AK-47 or M4) in one mode (e.g. S&D or Elimination) and/or map. Some strive to get better and jump up to the pro category, but most gets stuck here, which really is fine as they are still among the best in a game. But many also think they are at the top, they usually treat lower tier players as crap. They are more concerned with stats and how other people see them, rather than with the skill it self. They are obsessive when it comes to K/D or Wins. So much that they can't bare other players winning over them in any way. They have forgotten where they started themselves and try to find any excuse to throw out players "who are dragging them down" or enemies who might beat them. They really can't stand players worse then them getting a handicap by using another weapon. These players existed already back when I played Q2 and UT, when there really where few weapons to choose from.

Spot on ! wish I could give a thumbs up , yea I have started seeing this kind of players more nowadays which is weird since CF is a lot less popular now.
  • Painanator wrote: »
    I'm glad that others are also aware of this concerning phenomenon and you described them perfectly here. The sensation of casual play is gone a little bit IMO which is the kinda opposite we need right now in the current state of the game. There is no middle ground for these kinds of players.
  • @NytVittu420 said:
    What's up with this? I shouldn't get kicked or be slandered of being an eBay bot account noob in pub matches if I use M14 and don't want to use AK/Colt setup. Why this has become some kind of requirement now days? In the past week I've met more and more these kind of players. Let people play what ever guns they want for cripes sake.

Tha'ts called a competitive it's not exclusive to crossfire and if you get emotional hurt the devs have put a block player function in the game just for players to stop that please do not cry on forums about something you already have power over yourself we much bigger problems in the game with cheaters.And yes m14 has 0 recoil that's why a lot of players criticise it

IGN:Adrenaline
  • That community has strict rules. Their rules state that you are allowed to use a specific raster of weapons. If you want to play with them, obey their rules.

• saltbayfour4
    edited June 2021

I would much rather go up against vips than Tmp/evo/9a which require little skill and are impossible to kill once they land a hit. . .