Cf on Laptop

Do any of yall play cf on laptop that gives like 200+ fps constantly on 8v8 matches, if yes hit me up with the links, I think above gtx 1050 should be good to go?

Comments

• I'm currently using a laptop to play CrossFire due my own personal preference. My graphics card is AMD Radeon R7 265. I get above 80+ FPS in a full game (8vs8). In small games, I get over 100+ FPS.
  • I do^^ Bought an MSI GL 62 - 230fps at 1600x900 (High texture) recording with 60fps still at 180 fps.
  • I generally play on a laptop as well. I have an Asus it runs W10, has a Intel i7 7500U CPU, 12GB RAM (I think there's an additional 2GB dedicated IIRC), and a GeForce 940MX for graphics card. On most maps I sit at the 200+ FPS mark with max settings and I use a resolution of 1280x1024 (or something like that cause I couldn't get used to the full resolution that my laptop supports, 1920x1280, after having played at roughly this one for so long before getting this laptop). Not sure what I hit on lower resolutions as I can't stand low resolutions unless i'm forced to play with them. Obviously my laptop isn't quite into the realm of 'Gaming Laptops' but it's about as far as you go before that point.

Due to the weirdness of CF I will have FPS drops occasionally that'll drop me below 200 FPS. But as long as I keep my graphics driver up to date they generally don't effect me too bad. Some Zombie mode maps such as Dinner Theater and Death Rally will drop it too (the more zombies at one time and other special effects like the crazy lighting stuff on Dinner Theater)...but S&D, TDMs, GMs, and others generally stay at 200.

I should also state that I do use Razer Cortex but never record so it shouldn't be effecting my FPS too much. And the few times I have used it to record, since I have it set to record at a fairly low quality it doesn't effect me too bad either.
  • I only play CF on my laptop, get over 140 FPS consistently, but I dont have that nice a PC

Make: Dell Inspiron 5721
    Processor: Intel i7-3537 CPU @ 2.0/2.5 GHz
    RAM: 8 GB
    HD: 1 TB
    Windows 10

Edit:

Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (VRAM- 32 MB)
  • Damn bump still looking to buy 1 dunno which tho
  • Had nothing but good experiences with my laptop.Put literally thousands of hours into gaming (2000 hours into csgo alone) with this laptop and its still chugging along. Get 150-200 fps on Crossfire on average.

Im running a Lenovo y510p (older model, new lineup is the legion or Y700 series)

16GB ddr4, i7, dual gtx 775s, and a small SSD for the OS.

Few caveats which might help you, which I found out after making my purchase:
    1) While most games don't support SLI'd laptops, Crossfire does work with SLI enabled. Games like Overwatch, CSGO etc don't though. You end up getting black screens, freezes etc. Generally I wouldnt suggest spending the extra money like I did for that extra graphics card.
    2) If you're planning on running a 1080p 144 hz monitor, make sure your laptop has either an HDMI 2.0 (or newer) input, dual link DVI (yet to see that) or probably, a Display Port. Big mistake which I made at my time. I can only pull 85hz through my HDMI 1.4b input. Kinda defeats the purpose of me having a 144hz capable monitor lol.
    3) Cooling pad is your friend. Found my laptop was getting frame drops due to overheating from long gaming sessions, a solid 30$ cooling pad from amazon solved that issue.
    4) Most new laptops run a ton of bloatware from the factory, I'd suggest simply giving windows a fresh install. Removes everything annoying and guarantees your laptop'll be running at top knotch performance from the getgo.
    5) Small thing here, but something really useful which I found lots of laptops are running without, is a seperate port for sound and microphone. My little brothers laptop has single port for both, and he has to run a dongle to get seperate headphone and microphones to work. Only important if you're not running a USB powered headset I guess.

Any other questions, ask away.
  • My laptop gets 200+ max graphics on cf.
    i7-7700HQ
    GeForce GTX 1050 - 4GB
    spent around a grand on it.

• Desktops are a better way to go as you can get better specifications in a desktop at the price of these laptops.

Think everyone knows this by now. There's always reasons as to why you might need a gaming laptop. Personally, I needed something for University, and something that I can play in other areas (apart from home) because of a few reasons, I can't play at home. Makes a laptop a much better option. 95% of people might not need a gaming laptop, but there's always a few people for which it makes sense for. I don't think OP would ask this reason without some valid reason.
  • Your laptop should run the game just fine
  • I have recently bought a gaming laptop and I am surprised by for smooth the game is running. Of course, it's not a game like Crysis for example, where you need a spaceship computer in order to run it haha. Getting a new laptop can be a pretty tough decision. I remember that I've asked many friends who are passionate about this domain and they have told me to check out thepcenthusiast.com in order to find one that suits my needs and budget. That's an amazing thing about technology. There is something for everybody, regarding your income level