Hosting Wave Mode Tournament (100,000 ZP prize pool) And Change/Balance Suggestions

I recently came back to this game but I found that one of my favorite modes is dead. I want to bring this mode back so I will hold a Wave Mode tournament with a 100,000 ZP prize pool. If possible, I would love it if a MOD or GM can allow me to prepay the amount to authenticate this?

Any additional feedback for balancing is greatly welcomed.

Applications will end on November 28.

Tournament will be from November 29 - 31.

Rules (May change)
  1. Maps / Finals
    • Same Server - 2 Sandstorm games.
    • Different server - 1 Sandstorm each server.
    • Each team play against each other once.
    • Top 2 teams with the most wins will face each other for a Final Match.
    • Same server final - 2 Sandstorm 2 Arctic.
    • Different server final - 1 Sandstorm 1 Arctic in each server.
  2. Weapons and Characters
    • Normal AK-47 from GP shop or CFS gp bundle
    • Pistol can be any that is in GP shop or CFS gp bundle (No Crates).
    • Melee - GP shop or CFS gp bundle
    • Nades - Normal set of nades.
    • Base Character only (SAS, SWAT, OMOH)
    • No VIP weapons in other bags.
  3. Game
    • 1 limit of each card.
    • No Shock. (Reason - Stuns. Obvious for wave players)
    • No Panther. (Reason - From experience, this is to prevent unnecessarily long box camp only games.)
    • No Flag/Commander. (Reason - reg flag special amo can hit through solid walls at a 3 sec cooldown.)
    • NO CHANGING CARDS AFTER GAME STARTS.
  4. Players/Teams
    • Each team will submit their 5 player roster. Changes to the team can be made until I end the application.
    • Each team can have up to 2 substitute players. Not required.
    • Sub players can be swapped after each game.
Breaking any of the above rules results in disqualification.For now APPLICATIONS for teams will be posted here in this format:

Team name:

Players: (Exact IGN)

Subs: (if any)
Fixes/Changes to the mode for balancing (For GMs):
Basing all cards at +10.

1. Shield:
The main issue is the blocking of damage from explosives. From what I have tested, unless the explosive directly hits the shield or directly in front, it will not block the damage. Just a slight angle off results in taking damage even if the full explosion is within my character's shield view. This was and is to prevent long range spamming and force fights on the box and not just spam RPG from afar on a box causing a very long time to capture box due to no way to counter it.

Suggestion - change it so it can reliably block panther shots and not count on near perfect angles.

2. Medic:
The delay on the mist healing is too long factoring in the time it takes to take it out and throw it.

Suggestion - Reduce the time for the mist to take effect or make the healing instant when it explodes like other explosives.

3. RPG:
RPG's cool down is way too fast. With the badge/achievement that decreases its cooldown, it is at 5 seconds for the highest damage skill in the game. There are no cons to this skill. The heavy weight is ignored when using Golden RPG so people can jump with it, increasing its effective range. Explosive needs little to no accuracy.

Suggestion - reduce its damage or increase its cooldown. Possible cooldown increase is to match it with other explosives such as C4.

4. Flag/Commander:
Red Flags special amo can hit through solid walls with the explosive bullet.

Suggestion - make the explosive like other explosives so it cannot hit behind solid walls.

5. Joker:
The Cooldown on this is 22 seconds, which is way too long.

Suggestion - change it to 10-12 seconds cooldown.

Comments