Failed to connect to host server

Hello.

I've been having this problem for about 5-6 hours now.

I got a new router. I set it up and connected to the new internet which is better and quicker. I log in crossfire. Attempt to get into a match. But, I then lag out with a message of "failed to connect to host server" please help me fix this.

This is the only fun I can have on my weekend.

Comments

• You mean since 3-4 months.... :mad:

Its a mess that people still buy ZP :confused: This server laggs should be the 1st target to fix :mad: Looks like they wont fix it unless people stop buying ZP
  • What are you talking about? o.o
  • Abel95Abel95 Grand Duke
    Have you tried adding CrossFire to your anti-virus and firewall exception list?

Also, I would advise to check your background programs. Close any programs that you don't need.
  • Abel95 wrote: »
    Have you tried adding CrossFire to your anti-virus and firewall exception list?

Also, I would advise to check your background programs. Close any programs that you don't need.

Can you please tell me how to do that? I'd appreciate a quick answer.

Windows defender.

I installed AVG anti virus. I put it Z8GAMES for exceptions. But, I still get the same error.
    Destinies wrote: »
    I installed AVG anti virus. I put it Z8GAMES for exceptions. But, I still get the same error.

Have a look at this thread: http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?312032-Failed-to-connect-to-server

It might help.

No differences man...
  • MabohohoMabohoho Holy Knight
    Hmm i see abel09 post this sometimes to other players here goes

I would suggest to reinstall a fresh copy of the game. Follow the following steps to ensure that you get the best outcome:

Control Panel -> Z8Games -> CrossFire -> Uninstall CrossFire.
    Open Up My Computer.
    Delete the CF directory (Program Files/Z8Games/CrossFire/).
    Delete the CF directory (/Document/CrossFire/) (Make sure you backup any screenshots or replays you may have before doing this).
    Disable your anti virus.
    Download the newest client from our downloads site.
    Install the game from the new download.
    Add the entire crossfire folder to your antivirus exceptions.
    Re-enable realtime protection.
    Start CrossFire as Admin.

I hope that helps and good luck!
  • Mabohoho wrote: »

I will give this a try. But, what if it doesn't work?
  • Mabohoho wrote: »

Still the same problem. I done the whole rotation.
  • MabohohoMabohoho Holy Knight
    wait for abel09 for more info from him, but if ur in a hurry maybe u need to reinstall ur windows and delete it and format it and make new windows, but better wait for abel09, or send tickets to gm's about ur problem, srry was not able to do somthing, im still trying
  • I'm going to factory reset this computer. Hope this works.
    I'm going to factory reset this computer. Hope this works.

Wait, before you factory reset your computer, are you sure it's not your internet? What's your internet speed like? Are you running any background programs? List them?
    Wait, before you factory reset your computer, are you sure it's not your internet? What's your internet speed like? Are you running any background programs? List them?

I already factory reset my car. However, I don't know if it's my internet or not. I mean, on my old router I didn't have a problem. But, when I put in the new internet it started causing this problem. Furthermore, if it's my internet, what are the solutions? Why is that happening? My internet speed is decently well if not much activity is going on such as; youtube,facebook etc... In background programs, no. I don't run anything else when I'm playing crossfire.
  • Factory reset didn't fix it.
    I already factory reset my car. However, I don't know if it's my internet or not. I mean, on my old router I didn't have a problem. But, when I put in the new internet it started causing this problem. Furthermore, if it's my internet, what are the solutions? Why is that happening? My internet speed is decently well if not much activity is going on such as; youtube,facebook etc... In background programs, no. I don't run anything else when I'm playing crossfire.
    Factory reset didn't fix it.

If it is your internet then you might need to contact your internet supplier. Tell the situation that you had no problems before hand. It might just be that your new router is just settling in therefore, it might take a few days before everything goes to normal. May I ask from what location are you connecting from?

Also doing a internet speed test might help! Link: http://www.speedtest.net/
    If it is your internet then you might need to contact your internet supplier. Tell the situation that you had no problems before hand. It might just be that your new router is just settling in therefore, it might take a few days before everything goes to normal. May I ask from what location are you connecting from?

Also doing a internet speed test might help! Link: http://www.speedtest.net/

I contacted them. They said that I need to contact the game admins and tell them my nattype so they can accept it. Guys please help me :( If you want any sort of information or want me to do anything please tell me.
    I contacted them. They said that I need to contact the game admins and tell them my nattype so they can accept it. Guys please help me :( If you want any sort of information or want me to do anything please tell me.

Did you try opening your ports?

Link: http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?312032-Failed-to-connect-to-server

Obviously, X-Trap is no longer with CrossFire therefore, you won't need to add them.
    Did you try opening your ports?

Link: http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?312032-Failed-to-connect-to-server

Obviously, X-Trap is no longer with CrossFire therefore, you won't need to add them.

I will open my ports now.
  • Ports

I opened my ports. Shall I restart my computer? Also what do I do next?
    http://prntscr.com/ek1hwu
    I opened my ports. Shall I restart my computer? Also what do I do next?
    http://prntscr.com/ek1hwu

I would suggest to restart your computer and then run CrossFire as Admin.

Yea this is what I done. I will do it again right now though.

Didn't work out.
  • jymytjhyhhjymytjhyhh Apprentice
    help us lol
  • TrujoTrujo Beginner
    Hello.

I need help.
    've been having this problem for about 3-4 days now.
    I got a new router. I set it up and connected to the new internet which is better and quicker. I log in crossfire. Attempt to get into a match. But, I then lag out with a message of "failed to connect to host server" please help me fix this
    . I can't join any mode,I can only get in item shop,crates,mileage and storage.

Can somebody help?