game settings gets reversed after saving changes preventing me from playing

Hello Z8 support team,
Kindly I started to encounter an issue with the game which is preventing me from playing, the game opens only in window mode, resolution 800x600, sound is all maxed out but when I do change them to my correct resolution and adjust the sound and click save; it says successfully saved but nothing happens and when I open again the settings; I find out the adjustments that I made (full screen and lowering sound) got reversed. I re-installed the game 3 times nw and same issue (please dont offer to re-download it because not much quota left now and its no different from the current setup I have from october 25th) and this issue is only happening to this version of crossfire, the others are fine. (am playing on windows 10 64 bit with full updates installed)
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks <3

Comments

• I already have the QWERTY keyboard English and I still receive the message to check my keyboard type,, the system.dat file in documents also the read-only is unchecked.. the controlled folder access of the anti-virus is already turned off.. however nth seemed to resolve the issue,, any other suggestions?