File is changed W[2007] L[0]

i thought i would never see this again i got the following error File is changed W[2007] L[0] and the file in question is rez\REF159.REZ
what should i do? i'm really angry that i won't be able to finish my missions for the 12 days of crossfire

Comments

• ElderElf wrote: »
    i thought i would never see this again i got the following error File is changed W[2007] L[0] and the file in question is rez\REF159.REZ
    what should i do? i'm really ****ed that i won't be able to finish my missions for the 12 days of crossfire

Please Anyone that has a 100% working solution asap
  • This is often due to your anti virus blocking the game from updating properly. Add CrossFire West as exception to your antivirus, firewall, etc and reinstall the game.
  • Unfortunately, we can't share files in the forum. It's not allowed.

Recommendation: you must first add the CrossFire folder in exceptions or exclusions on all available antivirus on your PC, in-case it deletes anything when the game is updating. If you don't have an antivirus installed for you, check the Windows Defender. Afterward, I recommend reinstalling the game. If you can't remove the game, try deleting the entire folder manually (delete all files and folders from CF) under C:\Program Files (x86)\Z8Games.

Technical info:

L[0]: This means the file (in this case, rez\REF159.REZ) is outdated. This is to say, rez\REF159.REZ didn't update correctly after the latest update/patch.

L[2]: This means the file (in this case, rez\REF159.REZ) doesn't exist or is not in the CF folder. Possibly, REF159.REZ was detected and then deleted or moved to the quarantine folder by the antivirus. After the file is restored, everything should work smoothly.