Installing game on SSD or Hard Drive?

I currently have my game installed on my Hard Drive. I know this game has horrible servers and that's where the spikes come into play, but does having the game installed on your SSD help any? Where do you guys have this game installed?

Comments

• Well I upgraded to a sata SSD as my Windows and Game drive and at the same time to windows 10 from 7, this was about a year ago. Everything became faster and more stable, games and other software, even Windows itself. Everything, except Crossfire, who became slower to start, slower to load and more error prone.

To make this game run better, I think you actually might have to down-grade stuff.

Don't know about the m2 SSD's but, it will probably do nothing for CF or make your gaming experience worse.

You could always try and see if it works for you. It isn't like it takes that much time to do a clean install. It is all other software and updates that takes time.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Until last month I used to play CrossFire on an M.2 SATA SSD.

Now I am playing on an M.2 PCIe SSD (PCI-E Gen.3 NVMe), and I don't see a difference except by/in loading the operating system, programs, and file transfer.

I have installed the operating system and programs (CrossFire game) on my M.2 PCIe SSD and files on my M.2 SATA SSD. Anyway, you will see the FPS drop.
    In my experience, I have had no problems with SSDs on CF.