Time To Kill changed? after 10 years i come back and...?

Hi. I returned to CrossFire after 9-10 years. I noticed a strange thing, namely - it takes a lot of bullets to kill an enemy. It wasn't there in the past, I don't think so, and it is. Will someone tell me what's going on? I used to keep my k / d at 2.10+, but now you can't. My old friends with whom I play now say the same. TTK was changed?

Comments

• The damage needed to kill a player remains the same, however, most players do own Bulletproof vest and Helmet these days. That might've been different in the days you played. The hitreg might've also worsened considering how it was before. Lag and such can really cause hitreg to fail. There are also some modes like Super Soldier that give player more HP and such, but other than that I wouldn't say anything changed in regular modes.
  • In the past, I even played competetive like ESL, but now it's really not playable. is there a chance these vests broke it? It still feels like the bullets aren't being registered because the enemy character is shaking and I don't really deal any damage.

As I say - not only I have a problem with it. My game, computer and internet settings are the same as they were years ago.
  • I think the main issue might be lag here. Hit registration can get really messed up when players with high and low pings play against each other. Shots at times don’t register on players with a high ping, while they do on players that have a lower ping.