Shotgun Week - October 12 to 18

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"540","width":"960","src":"https:\/\/z8games.akamaized.net\/cfna\/web\/main\/Forum\/201006_cfwe_shotgunweek_forums.jpg"}[/IMG2]Attention Mercenaries,

Good news incoming for this Mercenary Pass Season:
Stealth is optional, I repeat: Stealth is optional.
And you know what that means, right? We are going to make a complete mess.

Forget about going silently, aiming to the head or saving bullets, during this week we are going to blow our enemies in pieces with our most powerful shotguns.

During the week from October 12th to 18th, you will have the following Limited Contracts to complete with the highest priority (Check HERE):
  • Obtain 100 kills on Shotgun only games - (Oct 12 - 18)
  • Complete 10 Shotgun only games - (Oct 12 - 18)
  • Play 60 minutes Shotgun only games - (Oct 12 - 13)
  • Play 60 minutes Shotgun only games - (Oct 14 - 15)
  • Play 60 minutes Shotgun only games - (Oct 16 - 18)
If you complete all 5 Contracts on time, you will earn the Shotgun Week Ribbon besides the 9 Levels for your Pass.

NOTE: You need to have at least a Free Mercenary Pass to be able to complete these missions and get the Ribbon. Also remember that Password protected rooms or bot rooms will not count towards the contracts and that games must be completed.

See you at the battlefield, and bring a broom please!
-CrossFire Team

<span class="wtb-ew-v1" style="width: 560px; display:inline-block"><script src="https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/event_widget.js?h=6167865&md=10/12/2020&mt=0.00&ml=167.99&sts=0&sln=0&wt=ew-ltc"></script><i><a target="_blank" href="https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/">Time converter</a> at worldtimebuddy.com</i><noscript><a href="https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/">Time converter</a> at worldtimebuddy.com</noscript><script>window[wtb_event_widgets.pop()].init()</script></span>

Comments

• This is one event I like. I already have the ribbon, but it's nice to get to use your shotguns and as I am going for the pass this month, this is good.

:( A thing I don't like, is the way they have stated that you have to have the free pass to be able to get the ribbon. Even if it's just GP, it means you can't take part in a event if you don't pay. Ribbon events should not be part of the pass, if you ask me. Greed, Greed, Greed.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Painanator wrote: »
    This is one event I like. I already have the ribbon, but it's nice to get to use your shotguns and as I am going for the pass this month, this is good.

:( A thing I don't like, is the way they have stated that you have to have the free pass to be able to get the ribbon. Even if it's just GP, it means you can't take part in a event if you don't pay. Ribbon events should not be part of the pass, if you ask me. Greed, Greed, Greed.

At least the tracker in the merc page seems to work properly. Remember when all event had some errors when it got live and took days to fix? I guess even if the ribbon is awarded without pass 99% who play for it would pay the gp just to see their progress...
    This is one event I like. I already have the ribbon, but it's nice to get to use your shotguns and as I am going for the pass this month, this is good.

You're right, but you know.
    I think the end is near.
  • anamimoyad wrote: »
    very nice !

how !! I canot find eny room with shootgun mood only !!!
  • Forcing players to buy the mercenary pass is stupid and will cost you alot of players. I used to do every single event before the merc pass came to west but now I barely play because you never give crates anymore without the pass. This is what happens when teenagers are in charge
  • already own the Ribbon, but i will take that limited Contract! :D
  • This is an event that I love.

Thank you.

:p:p
  • Shotgun, a fun change of play! Will definitely compete.

• how !! I canot find eny room with shootgun mood only !!!

Use Egypt and select mode Shotgun :)

This event is worth paying, and there is no need to mention greed. This happened to increase your enthusiasm, nothing more
  • Tails100 wrote: »
    Forcing players to buy the mercenary pass is stupid and will cost you alot of players. I used to do every single event before the merc pass came to west but now I barely play because you never give crates anymore without the pass. This is what happens when teenagers are in charge

It won't last long
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/forum.z8games.com\/core\/image\/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABQAAAAUCAQAAAAngNWGAAAA\/0lEQVR4AYXNMSiEcRyA4cfmGHQbCZIipkuxnJgMStlMNmeyD2dwmc8+sZgxYJd9ErIZFHUyYYD7fkr6l4\/rnvmtl7+KitrqV\/fq2Y5eLY3Z9S48eRLe7BmVZ9qhTLhQ0algzZWQOVKSsCF8OjAnwbxDTWFDUhPK\/jMr1H6HE\/IqRky2DyvCefuwItwZzodVoYRiLqMkVCXrwpJ9twZ+sgfDYEFYl8wIWxZ9uFf7zkallxlJh4YrLGsKjZRx7VGHhLqwgFUN45DGdb8MeXGpgB4ABZdeDcpZEY51A+hyLKz4S1W4MQWm3AibWtgWmk6dyISa1pSdyWTOlLXVp0+eL9D\/ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC"}[/IMG2]
  • fl0rians wrote: »

At least the tracker in the merc page seems to work properly. Remember when all event had some errors when it got live and took days to fix? I guess even if the ribbon is awarded without pass 99% who play for it would pay the gp just to see their progress...

Yeah, that is at-least one good thing with the merc-pass. But It's the principle of the thing. I wouldn't have anything against the merc-pass, if they still did all events they used to outside of it. So we don't get the same amount of content in a more boring way, like we do now. When they have people leaving the game, they shouldn't make an even smaller effort for those who stay, they should strive to be better. Last year CF-West have only become worse, with very few improvements.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • anamimoyad wrote: »

This event is worth paying, and there is no need to mention greed. This happened to increase your enthusiasm, nothing more

It's the principle of the thing. It doesn't matter if it would give you 100 ribbons. I think the Merc-pass is a big mistake as it is now. Players here suggested implementing a merc-pass like service long before it was implemented. But then it was as a compliment to the already existing events, giving players more stuff to do. The situation around the pass and events now, only shows how far the rift is between the players and the company who develops and runs the game.

One year ago I was optimistic and was thinking and saying "they are doing what they can, so we shouldn't complain that much". The problem is that everything that have looked like a good thing the last year have left me with a bitter taste in the end.

(I know I am technically double posting, but I can't answer multiple people, when they are on separate pages. This might be a thing to implement)
    JackPain (Sweden)

It's the principle of the thing. It doesn't matter if it would give you 100 ribbons. I think the Merc-pass is a big mistake as it is now. Players here suggested implementing a merc-pass like service long before it was implemented. But then it was as a compliment to the already existing events, giving players more stuff to do. The situation around the pass and events now, only shows how far the rift is between the players and the company who develops and runs the game.

One year ago I was optimistic and was thinking and saying "they are doing what they can, so we shouldn't complain that much". The problem is that everything that have looked like a good thing the last year have left me with a bitter taste in the end.

(I know I am technically double posting, but I can't answer multiple people, when they are on separate pages. This might be a thing to implement)

In fact, you are right, my friend, and this seems shocking to some because their previous efforts were in vain,
    But what I want to say is that what was previously lost comes an alternative that has new elements in the updates and this is great,
    But I feel for you, how can my fatigue get lost so easily?,
    Just meditate and remind yourself of others to remember your grandchildren in the future :rolleyes:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/forum.z8games.com\/core\/image\/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABQAAAAUCAQAAAAngNWGAAAA\/0lEQVR4AYXNMSiEcRyA4cfmGHQbCZIipkuxnJgMStlMNmeyD2dwmc8+sZgxYJd9ErIZFHUyYYD7fkr6l4\/rnvmtl7+KitrqV\/fq2Y5eLY3Z9S48eRLe7BmVZ9qhTLhQ0algzZWQOVKSsCF8OjAnwbxDTWFDUhPK\/jMr1H6HE\/IqRky2DyvCefuwItwZzodVoYRiLqMkVCXrwpJ9twZ+sgfDYEFYl8wIWxZ9uFf7zkallxlJh4YrLGsKjZRx7VGHhLqwgFUN45DGdb8MeXGpgB4ABZdeDcpZEY51A+hyLKz4S1W4MQWm3AibWtgWmk6dyISa1pSdyWTOlLXVp0+eL9D\/ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC"}[/IMG2]

The way this event is implemented, it does mean it’s a compliment to the mercenary pass, which I like. The only thing that should be improved about the Mercenary Pass, as I suggested before, is the possibility for players to gain the full price of the pass back from the rewards for a guaranteed pass the next month.

As of now, you need to pay a “entrance fee” for the events, which is just weird.

Ps. about the several pages thing: you can adjust the amount of replies you see per page in your settings, by this way you might still be able to quote them in one post.
    anamimoyad wrote: »

In fact, you are right, my friend, and this seems shocking to some because their previous efforts were in vain,
    But what I want to say is that what was previously lost comes an alternative that has new elements in the updates and this is great,
    But I feel for you, how can my fatigue get lost so easily?,
    Just meditate and remind yourself of others to remember your grandchildren in the future :rolleyes:

What previous efforts were in vain? And yes, it’s fun to see a change in the events, but the Mercenary Pass simply isn’t what it should be at this moment.
  • Utmost wrote: »

The way this event is implemented, it does mean it’s a compliment to the mercenary pass, which I like. The only thing that should be improved about the Mercenary Pass, as I suggested before, is the possibility for players to gain the full price of the pass back from the rewards for a guaranteed pass the next month.

As of now, you need to pay a “entrance fee” for the events, which is just weird.

Ps. about the several pages thing: you can adjust the amount of replies you see per page in your settings, by this way you might still be able to quote them in one post.

I would rather have seen the mercenary-pass as a compliment to the events we had. Like the SG-week with it's prices (10 crates and a ribbon) and the points for the merc-pass. As it is now, we get less stuff for much more effort. The merc-pass is basically just a new version of the Monthly-Mixup which is only a better version if you pay ZP for it.

So now we have a crappier version of Monthly-Mixup and the Weekend Crates, not much else. They did a really nice version of the Scavanger-Hunt this year though. It feels like they are becoming lazier when it comes to events (and some other stuff too). But they might be downsizing the workforce for all we know, so they have less time to do stuff. As I said, I have lost my optimism when it comes to this game.
    JackPain (Sweden)

I would rather have seen the mercenary-pass as a compliment to the events we had. Like the SG-week with it's prices (10 crates and a ribbon) and the points for the merc-pass. As it is now, we get less stuff for much more effort. The merc-pass is basically just a new version of the Monthly-Mixup which is only a better version if you pay ZP for it.

So now we have a crappier version of Monthly-Mixup and the Weekend Crates, not much else. They did a really nice version of the Scavanger-Hunt this year though. It feels like they are becoming lazier when it comes to events (and some other stuff too). But they might be downsizing the workforce for all we know, so they have less time to do stuff. As I said, I have lost my optimism when it comes to this game.

I understand what you mean now and fully agree. I already finished the mercenary pass while I haven't even done all the mid-seasonal missions so I wouldn't even have needed the 9 levels I got from the Shotgun Week event. The Mercenary Pass really is a nice monthly event, but it really should be made more attractive if all other events are based around it.