Improvements to the weapon banning system

In the last few days I had the WONDERFUL idea of ​​playing in Ranked SnD, and I had to deal with the new "ban weapons" system. I immediately noticed that people starting to abuse it to get more advantage, the original idea I think is to "ban" those weapons that no one likes, these "OP", "not fair guns", .. but they are getting replaced with even more OP weapons, so what's the point in all of this?
Example : If you ban Scorpion Evo you will have in your bag Kriss Super V Ares, If you ban 9A-91 you will have in your bag M4A1 Noble Beast (a VIP pretty much) if you ban AWM you will have in your bag a free Barrett Obsidian VIP, and so on.
I have two ideas in mind, one is easily doable, the other one isn't so easy.

1. ) Replace the most voted weapon with a regular GP weapon for each type of weapons. Example: Scorpion EVO can be replaced by the MP5;TMP can be replaced by MP7;9A-91 can be replaced by the scar light; and so on
2.) Those who have the banned gun in a bag get to choose a weapon from a normal GP weapons list (like the arms deal S&D wheel) and keep the weapon for the rest of the game in that bag.

By applying either of the options(in my opinion), I think we will have a cleaner system with no chance of abusing.

Comments

• I agree. At the very least this needs to be done. You shouldn't exchange one OP weapon for another and also not one for something just like it or fairly similar. Between people banning 9A91s (which many many people have cause one was in coupon shop before) to get a M4a1 Noble in replace and banning say Evo and they end up with a Kriss Ares which is also a JHP SMG it really means nothing has changed BUT that people can now access more weapons to be stronger in some cases. It really feels like this was a bad attempt to do what a large portion of players wanted which was to limit ranked to certain weapons and also allow people who want to use their weapons whenever/wherever they want cause they bought them.

I'd say Option 1 is certainly doable and is the least they could do. Though I do get the counter argument to that it kinda sucks to give them something worse than what they were bringing....but that's kinda the point of a weapon ban in the first place.

Though honestly I think it might have been better if they given a list of potential weapon effects/styles to ban instead like options of remove JHP, Slugs, dual mags, full wallbang, etc etc. OR just did a simple vote on a weapon class to ban such as SMGs, shotguns, snipers, etc. Provided a weapon type one would remove A LOT of weapons in some cases.

The new gun ban system certainly needs re-looked at though as it was done poorly and I believe hastily for a quick fix to a common mentioned dislike of the ranked system.
  • I would personally rather welcome flat ban for certain weapons from given MMR slowly getting close to PRO match type of loadout (but still being able to use vip/bm options of those guns)
    For example: All the AKs, M4s and so on you get the idea.
    Snipers - pretty much no restriction needed.
    SMGs - Would get rid of EVOs, TMPs, maybe even Kriss.
    IMO higher ELO should be about pure display of skill and gamesense = not relying on your owerpowered 9a91 which has literally no recoil at all.
    That way it would get more rewarding for players as they would apreciate so much more being in higher ELO.,
    Hopefully I'm not the only one feeling this way.

What I see as totally off the mark is the fact that you even have an option to ban AKs of all things...

• 1. ) Replace the most voted weapon with a regular GP weapon for each type of weapons. Example: Scorpion EVO can be replaced by the MP5;TMP can be replaced by MP7;9A-91 can be replaced by the scar light; and so on
    2.) Those who have the banned gun in a bag get to choose a weapon from a normal GP weapons list (like the arms deal S&D wheel) and keep the weapon for the rest of the game in that bag.

By applying either of the options(in my opinion), I think we will have a cleaner system with no chance of abusing.

Replacing free to play weapons with GP once will make the gap between VVIP users and F2P users even greater. There is a reason some of these overpowered weapons were released in the game, to close the gap.
    Ixith wrote: »

Though honestly I think it might have been better if they given a list of potential weapon effects/styles to ban instead like options of remove JHP, Slugs, dual mags, full wallbang, etc etc. OR just did a simple vote on a weapon class to ban such as SMGs, shotguns, snipers, etc. Provided a weapon type one would remove A LOT of weapons in some cases.

Removing a whole scale of effects might have the effect of a player getting all their weapons on bag removed/replaced, which wouldn't be fair. Banning a whole class of weapons wouldn't be fair either, I for example am a sniper main and would be offended if others could just vote for me not to be able to use it.
    ReTeNaM wrote: »
    I would personally rather welcome flat ban for certain weapons from given MMR slowly getting close to PRO match type of loadout (but still being able to use vip/bm options of those guns)
    For example: All the AKs, M4s and so on you get the idea.
    Snipers - pretty much no restriction needed.
    SMGs - Would get rid of EVOs, TMPs, maybe even Kriss.
    IMO higher ELO should be about pure display of skill and gamesense = not relying on your owerpowered 9a91 which has literally no recoil at all.
    That way it would get more rewarding for players as they would apreciate so much more being in higher ELO.,
    Hopefully I'm not the only one feeling this way.

What I see as totally off the mark is the fact that you even have an option to ban AKs of all things...

With the options you propose you pretty much have Arms Deal without the buying menu.

What I'm trying to say here is that there are always complaints when it comes to weapon restrictions/replacements and finding a perfect solution can be incredibly difficult. I find that Arms Deal was the best option to balance gameplay, but it was played too little to be viable.
  • Utmost wrote: »

Replacing free to play weapons with GP once will make the gap between VVIP users and F2P users even greater. There is a reason some of these overpowered weapons were released in the game, to close the gap.

I don't think you understand that people are abusing the system already in order to get OP guns, I'll give you an example of what happened yesterday in a room ranked.Starting the match they all decided to ban AWM(they were also spamming to choose the awm)evidently they already knew what kind of weapon they would get,and ofc it was replaced with a free barrett obsidian VIP, doesn't it seem strange to you that they banned a simple awm instead of 9a, evo etc after everyone complains about these weapons? It was impossible to play, you were killed through the crates without even knowing where the enemy was, was a mess.

Also let's don't start with saying "to make the game more balanced, people don't have vip etc" when everyone get a free vip for days in the premium pass, everyone can get a good m14 ebr in mp mall, and let's dont forget the free TMP 10th anniversary that everyone has, the m4a1 Laser gold from ZM full wallbang which everyone has, and so on!!

The banning system in general it's a mess, don't have sense at all.
  • ReTeNaM wrote: »

AK's are the most powerful all-round AR in the game. If you learn to control it, there is no better weapon type. There is a reason most pro's use it and it's not because they want to impress people with how good they are with a bad weapon.

I would be more impressed with a player, if they used a weapon like: MP7, Micro GALIL, the vanilla M16 etc... and managed to score just as many kills.
    JackPain (Sweden)

• I don't think you understand that people are abusing the system already in order to get OP guns, I'll give you an example of what happened yesterday in a room ranked.Starting the match they all decided to ban AWM(they were also spamming to choose the awm)evidently they already knew what kind of weapon they would get,and ofc it was replaced with a free barrett obsidian VIP, doesn't it seem strange to you that they banned a simple awm instead of 9a, evo etc after everyone complains about these weapons? It was impossible to play, you were killed through the crates without even knowing where the enemy was, was a mess.

Also let's don't start with saying "to make the game more balanced, people don't have vip etc" when everyone get a free vip for days in the premium pass, everyone can get a good m14 ebr in mp mall, and let's dont forget the free TMP 10th anniversary that everyone has, the m4a1 Laser gold from ZM full wallbang which everyone has, and so on!!

The banning system in general it's a mess, don't have sense at all.

Yes I agree the system is flawed and stuff like this isn't acceptable. The problem is the amount of powerful weapons being released in Crossfire and the nearly impossible task of balancing it out while more and more weapons with even more strength are pushed in to this version. With such a vast amount of powerful weapons there is no way of restricting it properly, other than to either ban pretty much all weapons and making it ESL rules or on the other hand having a system in place like Arms Deal. The first would probably never happen and the latter was removed due to it being played too little.

In the end, the main part of the community isn't interested in balancing at all and rather just gets ahead of others. Though I understand your frustration, at one point you'd have to jump on this train too for ranked to remain enjoyable.
  • Option 3) The bag in which the banned weapon resides becomes unavailable for the rest of the game.

You get 2 free bags by default, almost everyone has at least 4 bags - you only put stuff that you want to use in ur bags if you have a limited number of them so one bag being blocked off for a game should be ok as you still have at least ONE other weapon to use.
  • Andy__A wrote: »
    Option 3) The bag in which the banned weapon resides becomes unavailable for the rest of the game.

You get 2 free bags by default, almost everyone has at least 4 bags - you only put stuff that you want to use in ur bags if you have a limited number of them so one bag being blocked off for a game should be ok as you still have at least ONE other weapon to use.

This might be the next best option to Arms 'n Deal. I'm curious if other versions had the weapon banning system implemented earlier and how they are dealing with balancing it out.