Bad luck

Talk about having badluck. Last weekend the broadband box crashed and when we called support to come and fix it, they told us it would take 1-3 months. Nice service.;):(:mad: Because of this i already lost out on collecting all monthly weapons. Almost missed black friday (though i manage to borrow a computer at the library in time) and might not finish the zm event. Now atleast i got wifi connected to the phone, so im not completly isolated. Because of nice neighbours i could plugin my router at their place and will get to borrow a wifi usb card sometime this weekend, as mine is broken. The first days without internet, i was climbing the walls. Started playing fable tlc after that though, so the cravings for internet has been barable.:D. I hope you all have made some nice buy's this weekend. I got exactly what i wanted, so i am very happy, would be even happier if i could use them. (I really hate writing from the phone)

Comments

  • Who cares? Call z8 or egyptians. Maybe some cheater will buy for you
  • Bum deal right their. seems to me like wtf get ya .... together b4 z8 cotton on lol.
  • kikan1997 wrote: »
    Who cares? Call z8 or egyptians. Maybe some cheater will buy for you

    Don't really know what z8 or egyptians has to do with my problem. None of them are the people that are going to fix the broadband box.

    If it could be fixed by me buying a modem myself, I would have done it. But I'll have to wait for the lazy idiots from the business that installed the broadband into the house in the first place to fix it.
    This is not the first time we have trouble with internet in this house either.

    We have 24/24 speed for free, with an option to buy faster if we want to (a real nice deal, I know), so I have just been using the free internet. My landlord called hardware support today and they wouldn't even accept a report from her, that the hardware was broken. Instead they explained that I have to take a subscription with whatever ISP I wanted, then tell them something is wrong with the broadband. Then the ISP-support will call the hardware guys and they will send out someone to fix it, in 1-3 months.

    So not only do I have to take out a ISP subscription to be able to have it fixed. I'll have to wait for their ridiculous way of doing things. I am starting to think that they somehow broke the box, just to get me to stop using the free 24/24 internet and then punish me with the time to fix it, because I didn't choose to upgrade before.
  • Aw man that really sucks. 1-3 months to fix it, it's unacceptable. Call them and tell them you're going to change from ISP provider, maybe that will speed it up. I also suggest you tell them you're not going to pay for those days without Internet.

    I feel you man, days without electricity or Internet really suck, nowadays it is impossible to live without them.

    Try sharing your internet from your phone to your computer (you'll need a wifi adapter so your computer can join wifi networks).
  • Zevenkay wrote: »
    Aw man that really sucks. 1-3 months to fix it, it's unacceptable. Call them and tell them you're going to change from ISP provider, maybe that will speed it up. I also suggest you tell them you're not going to pay for those days without Internet.

    I feel you man, days without electricity or Internet really suck, nowadays it is impossible to live without them.

    Try sharing your internet from your phone to your computer (you'll need a wifi adapter so your computer can join wifi networks).

    The neighbors next door let me use their wifi until mine is fixed (and let me borrow a wifi-usb-adapter), works pretty well. I had some Ping-spikes, but It's pretty stable at under 50 ping. I actually thought it would be impossible to play CF.
  • Painanator wrote: »
    fix that 1-3 month


    really? w.t.f which country you live? mongolia or etiopía?
    so sorry iam wait you solve the problem more fast possible
  • chamanec wrote: »

    really? w.t.f which country you live? mongolia or etiopía?
    so sorry iam wait you solve the problem more fast possible

    Nah I live in Sweden, but in a sparsely populated area (Around 2000 and this is the province capital). If you don't live around the 3 big cities south, businesses tend to treat you badly (if they aren't smaller businesses from the area you live in), as they prioritize the cities first. When my landlord first ordered the broadband service, it took them a year to come and lay down the fiber-cable in the ground and 6 more months to come and connect it to the house and make it work.

    Norrland (the largest and most northern of the 3 land-parts of Sweden), the part of Sweden where I live, Is considered Red-Neck territory. It has become better with the years, as southerners tend to buy vacation homes up here and a lot of people have been moving south, to the larger cities. They see for them self that the stereotypes of us as stupid savages, (generally) don't hold true. You still get some crazy questions by ignorant southern-tourists sometimes. Some of my favorites are:
    1. Is it true that Polar-bears run around free on your street (No, Sweden doesn't even have Polar-bears)
    2. Is it true that the mail is delivered by reindeer-sled? (No, but there are a lot of domestic reindeers around, but they are owned almost exclusively by the Sami-People and they don't deliver mail as far as I have known or seen)
    3. Do you know what a TV is? (Yes, we had them as long as you down south)
  • Painanator wrote: »

    Nah I live in Sweden, but in a sparsely populated area (Around 2000 and this is the province capital). If you don't live around the 3 big cities south, businesses tend to treat you badly (if they aren't smaller businesses from the area you live in), as they prioritize the cities first. When my landlord first ordered the broadband service, it took them a year to come and lay down the fiber-cable in the ground and 6 more months to come and connect it to the house and make it work.

    Norrland (the largest and most northern of the 3 land-parts of Sweden), the part of Sweden where I live, Is considered Red-Neck territory. It has become better with the years, as southerners tend to buy vacation homes up here and a lot of people have been moving south, to the larger cities. They see for them self that the stereotypes of us as stupid savages, (generally) don't hold true. You still get some crazy questions by ignorant southern-tourists sometimes. Some of my favorites are:
    1. Is it true that Polar-bears run around free on your street (No, Sweden doesn't even have Polar-bears)
    2. Is it true that the mail is delivered by reindeer-sled? (No, but there are a lot of domestic reindeers around, but they are owned almost exclusively by the Sami-People and they don't deliver mail as far as I have known or seen)
    3. Do you know what a TV is? (Yes, we had them as long as you down south)

    if there really are very ignorant people who believe a lot to live in big cities, I lived in Mexico, in a city in the center of the country further north, my city is a province of the state of Zacatecas, and has a population of around 80,000 inhabitants, but here we do not have those problems if there is any fault usually in 2-3 days solve it, I imagine there are exceptions where they take a little longer but it doesn't take a week.
    Good luck with that situation, really if they have a terrible service.
    When I think of Sweden, I think of hot springs and beautiful blue-eyed women, I hope I'm not wrong :p:p

    what does it mean Redneck territory?
  • chamanec wrote: »

    if there really are very ignorant people who believe a lot to live in big cities, I lived in Mexico, in a city in the center of the country further north, my city is a province of the state of Zacatecas, and has a population of around 80,000 inhabitants, but here we do not have those problems if there is any fault usually in 2-3 days solve it, I imagine there are exceptions where they take a little longer but it doesn't take a week.
    Good luck with that situation, really if they have a terrible service.
    When I think of Sweden, I think of hot springs and beautiful blue-eyed women, I hope I'm not wrong :p:p

    what does it mean Redneck territory?

    Hot-springs - No, all our springs are of the cold kind, if you want hot springs, you should go to our Nordic-neighbors Iceland.
    Beautiful blue-eyed women is not a thing we are missing here though. When I went to school about +15 years ago, maybe 6/10 girls were blond and blue-eyed (The men too for that matter), Most foreigners settled south in or around the 3 big cities.

    Until refugees from Africa and Asia (including Middle-east) started to come, there lived about 10 black people in this province of maybe 10-15000 people. So until about 10 years ago, when a lot of refugees started to move here, there weren't a big diversity among the peoples looks. Now there are a large population of Burmese, Thai, Eritrean, Congolese and Syrians around here too. Some people from other places too of course. There are also many Turkish people that moved here and they run probably about 75% of all restaurants and other food places. In Sweden, most Pizzerias are owned by Turks actually. It isn't an accident that kebab-pizza is one of the most popular pizzas here.

    I don't expect anyone from another country to know about how we live in northern Sweden, if they haven't been here. But it's our own countrymen (and women) that believe the worst stereotypes and it isn't that big of a country.

    The word Redneck is originally a stereotype-slur of farmers in USA. But i use the word because we get the same BS from our big city people, though it has become better. It basically means that they think we are stupid, backwards thinking, living like people did in the 1800s, uneducated and inbred. With our version of it (because of the Swedish were vikings 1000 years ago), they also think we are like modern Vikings (Drunk, bad tempered, going berserk and fighting a lot). Sure people here drink a lot, but not anymore than in the cities. Sweden is in the vodka-belt after all. As there aren't a lot of cops around here, Moon-shining isn't unusual, I probably drunk more homemade booze than store bought in my life. But now it's actually cheaper to buy smuggle booze than to moonshine. I don't think we fight anymore than other Swedes and if we fight, we don't go screaming for the police (If someone doesn't go overboard). We are usually friends again the day after. There is actually a lot less violence around here, than further south.
  • Painanator wrote: »

    Hot-springs - No, all our springs are of the cold kind, if you want hot springs, you should go to our Nordic-neighbors Iceland.
    Beautiful blue-eyed women is not a thing we are missing here though. When I went to school about +15 years ago, maybe 6/10 girls were blond and blue-eyed (The men too for that matter), Most foreigners settled south in or around the 3 big cities.

    Until refugees from Africa and Asia (including Middle-east) started to come, there lived about 10 black people in this province of maybe 10-15000 people. So until about 10 years ago, when a lot of refugees started to move here, there weren't a big diversity among the peoples looks. Now there are a large population of Burmese, Thai, Eritrean, Congolese and Syrians around here too. Some people from other places too of course. There are also many Turkish people that moved here and they run probably about 75% of all restaurants and other food places. In Sweden, most Pizzerias are owned by Turks actually. It isn't an accident that kebab-pizza is one of the most popular pizzas here.

    I don't expect anyone from another country to know about how we live in northern Sweden, if they haven't been here. But it's our own countrymen (and women) that believe the worst stereotypes and it isn't that big of a country.

    The word Redneck is originally a stereotype-slur of farmers in USA. But i use the word because we get the same BS from our big city people, though it has become better. It basically means that they think we are stupid, backwards thinking, living like people did in the 1800s, uneducated and inbred. With our version of it (because of the Swedish were vikings 1000 years ago), they also think we are like modern Vikings (Drunk, bad tempered, going berserk and fighting a lot). Sure people here drink a lot, but not anymore than in the cities. Sweden is in the vodka-belt after all. As there aren't a lot of cops around here, Moon-shining isn't unusual, I probably drunk more homemade booze than store bought in my life. But now it's actually cheaper to buy smuggle booze than to moonshine. I don't think we fight anymore than other Swedes and if we fight, we don't go screaming for the police (If someone doesn't go overboard). We are usually friends again the day after. There is actually a lot less violence around here, than further south.

    Well it is interesting how you live in your country, I did not know that the Turkish legion had invaded you, it is like here in Mexico that there are already many Chinese food businesses, here in my province in remote places live Mennonites, and they have been here for many generations were coming I think that Germany and Holland, and contrary to that we have invaded the United States, I have a lot of family in that country, cousins, uncles, and my parents are on vacation for a year in Miami, with a sister who lives there, in short it is true there are no longer heterogeneous nations as such, everything is already a tremendous diversity, times demand it, we are already multicultural nations and that will always be interesting.
    Thank you for taking the time to explain something about your culture, regards.
  • I feel you. remote areas internet really sucks, my ping is 60 but when someone in the house starts using netflix youtube or whatever it goes over 150 with 300 spikes
    ​​​​and i live like only 400 km away from germany
  • chamanec wrote: »

    Well it is interesting how you live in your country, I did not know that the Turkish legion had invaded you, it is like here in Mexico that there are already many Chinese food businesses, here in my province in remote places live Mennonites, and they have been here for many generations were coming I think that Germany and Holland, and contrary to that we have invaded the United States, I have a lot of family in that country, cousins, uncles, and my parents are on vacation for a year in Miami, with a sister who lives there, in short it is true there are no longer heterogeneous nations as such, everything is already a tremendous diversity, times demand it, we are already multicultural nations and that will always be interesting.
    Thank you for taking the time to explain something about your culture, regards.

    Yeah I also have relatives in the US, but mine moved there around 1910-1920, so I don't know any of them, I just saw the records of another relatives genealogy research. But maybe I try to look them up someday.
    azertiiz wrote: »
    I feel you. remote areas internet really sucks, my ping is 60 but when someone in the house starts using netflix youtube or whatever it goes over 150 with 300 spikes
    ​​​​and i live like only 400 km away from germany

    We used to have worse internet than now, but they started to expand about 5 years ago, when some politicians used the slogan "Fiber broadband is a right for everybody" to get votes. The mobile-phone coverage is worse than the internet coverage now. I remember from the last time I took a longer train-ride and some towns were total dead-zones. I expect such things outside of cities and towns, but they should at least have some coverage within city-limits, especially now when they are taking away the old ground telephone system completely.
  • Painanator wrote: »

    Yeah I also have relatives in the US, but mine moved there around 1910-1920, so I don't know any of them, I just saw the records of another relatives genealogy research. But maybe I try to look them up someday.



    We used to have worse internet than now, but they started to expand about 5 years ago, when some politicians used the slogan "Fiber broadband is a right for everybody" to get votes. The mobile-phone coverage is worse than the internet coverage now. I remember from the last time I took a longer train-ride and some towns were total dead-zones. I expect such things outside of cities and towns, but they should at least have some coverage within city-limits, especially now when they are taking away the old ground telephone system completely.

    well coming times betters, i hope
  • Privet:)
  • While watching my favourite series on netflix, suddenly the app started misbehaving. I was unable to complete the episode on that day.
Sign In or Register to comment.