Amazing CrossFire Coming Soon

Comments

• Hi there,

The Crossfire X is different gamę than Crossfire HD. More you can find up this page
    https://www.remedygames.com/games/crossfirehd/
  • As CF-X is for x-box only and I like playing FPS's on consoles as much as I like to go to the dentist and get my teeth dragged out of my mouth. This isn't something that gives me a smile.

If it comes a new version to PC, I will only be happy if there is a transition of stuff from old CF to the new one. I won't start a char from zero again. If that's the case, its back to playing single-player games offline again.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Painanator wrote: »
    As CF-X is for x-box only and I like playing FPS's on consoles as much as I like to go to the dentist and get my teeth dragged out of my mouth. This isn't something that gives me a smile.

If it comes a new version to PC, I will only be happy if there is a transition of stuff from old CF to the new one. I won't start a char from zero again. If that's the case, its back to playing single-player games offline again.

But this is better you see negligence in the west now do not fix anything from error and so on
  • During the E3 announcement it still said "First on Xbox one" now it's changed to "Only on Xbox one".
    Way to screw over the loyal PC fanbase who made the game big in the first place, classic Smilegate move.
  • this is another crossfire, it's for another audience
  • IGN_Galaxy wrote: »

But this is better you see negligence in the west now do not fix anything from error and so on

I think the negligence is because they don't want to put up any unnecessary (In their eyes) money. As CF-HD will take over in 1 or 2 years, I think they'll try to just keep the server running until they move over to the new stuff. It simply isn't cost effective for them to pour money into a old game-engine, when there will be an upgrade to a completely new one. At least I think so.
    xVerm wrote: »
    During the E3 announcement it still said "First on Xbox one" now it's changed to "Only on Xbox one".
    Way to screw over the loyal PC fanbase who made the game big in the first place, classic Smilegate move.

I thought X was never going to be released for PC. The ones they have been talking about for PC release is HD and 2. One a totally new version of the old CF and the other one a more story-based game. PC gamers generally gets the short end of the stick when it comes to game releases on multi-platforms. They are often buggier, have worse graphics and not adapted completely for PC-playing. In most of them, you can't change the key-binds and the set key-binds are horrible. Especially irritating in games with quick-time events, when they haven't adapted it completely. It's pretty hard to find a square or triangle on a PC-keyboard.
    JackPain (Sweden)

I think the negligence is because they don't want to put up any unnecessary (In their eyes) money. As CF-HD will take over in 1 or 2 years, I think they'll try to just keep the server running until they move over to the new stuff. It simply isn't cost effective for them to pour money into a old game-engine, when there will be an upgrade to a completely new one. At least I think so.

They probably had this way of thinking on day of release back in 2009.

Also, why would it have to cost anything to fix small bugs? do they hire some students in once every year to fix some major bugs? or do they have to contact CF headquarters for a fix which makes the progression in solving many of the bugs in the game so slow?

I am hella curious, do you know anything about this? Cause to me and many other players this looks like a milking industry *CowEmoji*
  • [USER="26494729"]Painanator[/USER] you are right
    HD would be much better
  • TrojkaWolf wrote: »

They probably had this way of thinking on day of release back in 2009.

Also, why would it have to cost anything to fix small bugs? do they hire some students in once every year to fix some major bugs? or do they have to contact CF headquarters for a fix which makes the progression in solving many of the bugs in the game so slow?

I am hella curious, do you know anything about this? Cause to me and many other players this looks like a milking industry *CowEmoji*

No, just guessing. But I do know a lot about economics, so my guesses about that kind of stuff is more often right than wrong, though I don't claim to be an expert.
    The problem isn't small bugs popping up. The whole game, needs a total overhaul. It's a 10 year old game and yes I know that you can play a lot older games on modern computers (I am a retro-gamer myself), but most, if not all those games needed to be overhauled for the new age before you could play them on modern PC's. And those games I am thinking of, are single-player games, that haven't had a constant stream of new stuff added for the last 10 years. Stuff that at every update have the chance to bug up the game again (which they do). As it looks the newer stuff you have in your PC, the worse problems you get with the game. For example, the game ran much more smoothly for me when I had windows 7. The only change I did, was upgrade my main drive to a SSD and install Windows 10.

As I understand it, Z8 (Smilegate-west) buy content-patches from Smilegate and then implement them themselves. They seem to have a department which deals with minor bug-fixing, but for major changes they have to wait for the main company to do them. As only the West CF publisher, they might not have the rights to do major changes in the game-engine either. The main-company will at some moment stop supporting this version of CF and only support their new-engine game (HD or whatever they are going to call it). West can after that probably get the rights to be the main developer for the old game, but that means: buying licenses, hiring a lot more people etc, and all that for a game-engine that still needs a total overhaul. It depends on how the change to the new game is implemented. The old-game can slowly be turned into the new one or they just publish a new game. If it's the first they can keep on updating it and doing bug-fixes when needed. If it's the latter, they will just do the absolute necessary fixes until they are ready to start hosting the new game. But this is just all speculation from a economic perspective.
    JackPain (Sweden)

I thought X was never going to be released for PC. The ones they have been talking about for PC release is HD and 2. One a totally new version of the old CF and the other one a more story-based game. PC gamers generally gets the short end of the stick when it comes to game releases on multi-platforms. They are often buggier, have worse graphics and not adapted completely for PC-playing. In most of them, you can't change the key-binds and the set key-binds are horrible. Especially irritating in games with quick-time events, when they haven't adapted it completely. It's pretty hard to find a square or triangle on a PC-keyboard.

Thing is, Crossfire X is crossfire 2.
    On remedy's website they used to list "Crossfire HD and Crossfire 2" as games they're working on, after the CFX reveal they changed that to "Crossfire HD and Crossfire X" that's what makes me hope it'll also come to PC at some point. Quite clearly this game is the more advanced of the two.
  • how would an xbox crossfire community work? would there still be a black market, vips and crazy play 10000 games for 1 crate events?
  • skyyblu wrote: »
    how would an xbox crossfire community work? would there still be a black market, vips and crazy play 10000 games for 1 crate events?

The game will be directly published and maintained by Microsoft, so things are gonna be different from our CF. Probably no P2W and more of a focus on skins.
  • xVerm wrote: »

The game will be directly published and maintained by Microsoft, so things are gonna be different from our CF. Probably no P2W and more of a focus on skins.

Don't count on it, Microsoft is pretty greedy too. Also if it is Microsoft running things, it might be P2P. Wouldn't surprise me if it they want $50-$100 a month to be able to just play.
    JackPain (Sweden)

Don't count on it, Microsoft is pretty greedy too. Also if it is Microsoft running things, it might be P2P. Wouldn't surprise me if it they want $50-$100 a month to be able to just play.

It's free to play, and no way in hell would Microsoft ruin their reputation by having a pay to win game in 2019 lol
    It does require a subscription to xbox' online service though, the one you need to play any xbox game online, apart from that, free to play.
  • Super curious - as a person who mainly plays console games (but I appreciate PC when I didn't have one), I'd definitely be interested.

Now, as far as PC integration - this could be a good idea if they were considering cross-console gameplay. However, as you guys have stated they are completely different/separate games..

Anyways - I think it's a win-win situation here. Only downside is that it's only being released to China? Or did it read that wrong?
  • I´m not a console gamer but it looks cool. I´m just looking forward to playing CF HD soon :p

It's free to play, and no way in hell would Microsoft ruin their reputation by having a pay to win game in 2019 lol
    It does require a subscription to xbox' online service though, the one you need to play any xbox game online, apart from that, free to play.

I wouldn't know, I never had an Xbox myself, been a PS man console-wise since it first came. Not P2W, I wrote P2P. Even if it will be released as free to play, they will probably ruin it with something.
    ricobravo wrote: »
    Super curious - as a person who mainly plays console games (but I appreciate PC when I didn't have one), I'd definitely be interested.

Now, as far as PC integration - this could be a good idea if they were considering cross-console gameplay. However, as you guys have stated they are completely different/separate games..

Anyways - I think it's a win-win situation here. Only downside is that it's only being released to China? Or did it read that wrong?

At least for next year I think so, there have been no talk about releasing it outside china yet, except for rumors between players (As far as I know)
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • ricobravo wrote: »
    Super curious - as a person who mainly plays console games (but I appreciate PC when I didn't have one), I'd definitely be interested.

Crossfire X is confirmed for the west, going to be released in 2020 on Xbox. CFHD so far only is confirmed for China and on PC.

Crossfire X is confirmed for the west, going to be released in 2020 on Xbox. CFHD so far only is confirmed for China and on PC.

Solid, but I'll tell you what - if Microsoft keeps making these un-authorized purchases through my pay-pal I'm gonna' end up selling my Xbox before I get to see that.. :confused: Crazy how even after I removed all subscriptions to LIVE and canceled any upcoming renewals that they still managed to take an "automatic payment" for an entire digital game title (NBA 2K20)..

I'm not even one of those guys that plays that game bro. I'm heated right now if you can't tell :mad:

Anywho, I'll still keep my eyes open for any kind of previews. Hopefully they will exceed our expectations.