An analysis of every team at WCG 2019

Like I did before with CFS last year, let's get started here ...

Team: All Gamers
Line-up: TMQQ (Leader), 70kg (Sniper), ZQ, Ouoo, Lxm
Comments: 70kg, the former super star sniper is back at it again! We also have TMQQ, ZQ, and Lxm which are crazy strong fraggers as always. I couldn't fathom why 70kg retired when he was always the more consistent sniper in comparison to TF but I assume he had real life issues to sort out before he came back to competitive play. With 70kg at the helm once again, All Gamers have never been as strong as they are now and we can look to a more consistent team overall.
Strongest Map: Black Widow
Weakest Map: Port

Team: Black Dragons
Line-up: vianna1 (Leader/Sniper), Wil, DANIMALz, nottziN, adrF
Comments: As champions of CFS 2018, they currently hold the highest standard for competitive play. All of it's players are strong and will be returning but most of all they will seek to be champions again.
Strongest Map: Sub Base
Weakest Map: Ankara

Team: Carbon
Line-up: xfam0usx (Leader), supamen, solo, Brando, Michael
Comments: Unfortunately, due to rules they were not able to form a team with well known players such as 'kaiz' or 'req' both of which were the better players of the team. Considering the majority of their players are nothing more than bullet sponges, they are probably the second weakest team coming into this event when they are filled with lesser known players and without any skilled sniper to be paired with.
Strongest Map: Doesn't matter
Weakest Map: Doesn't matter

Team: Golden V
Line-up: SEVEN (Leader), phaze (sniper), KREEDZ, Snox, bL4ME
Comments: We all know that the European region last year didn't do so great at CFS but Golden V are seeking to boost themselves with the best players they can offer from former teams such as Flipsid3 Tactics and Penta Sports. This is probably as good of a team setup as it's going to get for Europe ever since CFS 2016.
Strongest Map: Unknown
Weakest Map: Unknown

Team: Pacific Macta Infirma
Line-up: ZDD (Leader), Revenge (sniper), zYk, Aldrin, MATZERA
Comments: We all know and love the classic 4 players such as ZDD, zYk, Aldrin, and their especially crazy sniper known as Revenge. Even though their 5th player, whoever it is has always been somewhat a sore spot for them which is why they keep searching for a replacement there is no ignoring their potential strength since were a formidable enough of a team to have been international champions before and they've always came high up in the rankings of previous international tournaments as well.
Strongest Map: Unknown
Weakest Map: Unknown

Team: ruLegends
Line-up Treak (Leader/Sniper), Exiwer, Vais, drace, Strey
Comments: As runner-up of CFS 2018, they arguably made one of the biggest upsets during the tournament which was eliminating AG in the quarter finals! Even though their aim is nowhere near as good as the top Asian or Brazilian players, they try to compensate that shortfall with tighter team coordination and with a far more seasoned roster of players.
Strongest Map: None
Weakest Map: None

Team: Super Valiant Gaming
Line-up: MZiN (Leader/Sniper), 18, N9, DBQ, ANKE
Comments: Even though MZiN, their leader was caught ghosting during the last season of CFPL and was banned in disgrace until the next season they're still probably the best team China has to offer because they still managed to make it through the WCG qualifiers.
Strongest Map: Ankara
Weakest Map: Port

Team: Trust
Line-up: zata (Leader), drones (sniper), pierve, Theracle, xFP
Comments: Pretty much the same Indonesian team as last year at CFS which was JKOSAV. Aside from one new player not much has changed.
Strongest Map: Doesn't matter
Weakest Map: Doesn't matter

It's a little bit of a surprise this year that the Vietnamese region didn't get invited since their new potential top tier team known as DivisionX was created by players such as LUCAS/SHADY and BOTKONZ/RAMBO from former teams like BOSS and EVA TEAM respectively.

Comments

• Your analysis is detailed however, I can't help but feel like some of the comments you made in your analysis is biased towards some teams and what not.
  • I don't claim to be not biased since that's just the nature of social interactions but if you can it'd be more constructive to point out which of the teams I am biased towards ...
  • "Nothing more than bullet sponges" sounds pretty biased to me. Did you see them perform in events like this yet?
  • A bit out of the loop -- anyone know when WCG is happening this year and where it will be streamed?
    Edit: the website says July 18-21, and I'm gonna guess it'll be on twitch
  • Utmost wrote: »
    "Nothing more than bullet sponges" sounds pretty biased to me. Did you see them perform in events like this yet?

Considering how Carbon now has 2 ringers in their team in a tournament where at least half the teams are far more scary than their common rivals such as Penta or ruLegends, Carbon can't afford to have any weak players in this tournament. I'll be surprised if Carbon can win more than 2 matches in the group stages since at most on their full strength with kaiz/req they can only keep up with ruLegends like we saw previously at CFS ...

AG, BD, PM, and SV are really nasty teams where no team would want to fight at less than full strength ...
  • Hey, I'm banned, but I had to defend my friends here.

"bullet sponges" seems patently unaware.

MichaelDrk has 3 LANs under his belt. One he performed very poorly, one he performed average, and one he performed amazingly well.

Solo has 1 LAN under his belt, where he hard-carried his team -- at the time, that team included xfam0usx and myself.

Admittedly both of their "best" performances have now been several years ago, both of these players in their heyday were easily rated among the top 5 players NA had to offer. Drk was in that pantheon as recently as last year! And while Solo hasn't been a star player in a while, he still has devastating potential when he feels comfortable and confident.

They're an underdog, but not by as much as you'd put on. Brando Famous and Phat are among the best LAN players NA has ever had, with Solo and Drk not counted among the worst.
  • EX0T1C wrote: »
    Hey, I'm banned, but I had to defend my friends here.

"bullet sponges" seems patently unaware.

MichaelDrk has 3 LANs under his belt. One he performed very poorly, one he performed average, and one he performed amazingly well.

Solo has 1 LAN under his belt, where he hard-carried his team -- at the time, that team included xfam0usx and myself.

Admittedly both of their "best" performances have now been several years ago, both of these players in their heyday were easily rated among the top 5 players NA had to offer. Drk was in that pantheon as recently as last year! And while Solo hasn't been a star player in a while, he still has devastating potential when he feels comfortable and confident.

They're an underdog, but not by as much as you'd put on. Brando Famous and Phat are among the best LAN players NA has ever had, with Solo and Drk not counted among the worst.

I meant bullet sponges "in comparison to" the players of other top 4 teams and you know that's true. I've kept an eye on drk for quite a while now and he's consistently closer to the bottom in terms of KDR performance when it comes to these international tournaments. As for Solo, he'd be considered a second rate competitive player compared to the best of what the whole world offered ...

I don't mean to totally knock on Brando, drk, or Solo's ability to compete but they aren't comparable at all to the true monsters of CF such as N9, ZQ, Revenge, wil, DANIMALz, Lxm, MZiN, Aldrin, & etc which are on a whole new level so I don't believe that they'll able to keep up ...

I couldn't care all that much about who the top 5 players of NA were and the same applies to EU/RU because in my eyes these regions were "second tier" for the majority of CF competitive history since they've NEVER won an international title before. The only regions that matter is Brazil, China, and the Philippines since the rest of the world can't hold a candle to them ...
  • Underdog teams are the most interesting to me, you never know when the puppy starts biting..
  • You should not be biased to any team. We should look at what the weak teams will do sometimes
  • Weak teams aren't all that interesting since they'll get ripped apart in a tournament ...
  • https://www.wcg.com/news/view/1012?topic=topic07&lang=en

Above is the map selection for each round. Haha, both Ankara and Black Widow are played twice which gives Chinese teams an advantage ...

Below is the schedule with the rounds ...

https://www.wcg.com/game-sports/view/crossfire?lang=en#GF^listView^2

Most interesting match ups per map with some predictions ...

Ankara:

SV/ruL (SV victory)
    AG/PM (?)
    BD/ruL (BD victory)
    BD/GV (?)

Black Widow:

AG/BD (AG victory)
    ruL/PM (PM victory)
    AG/SV (AG victory)
    ruL/GV (GV victory)

Mexico:

GV/PM (PM victory)
    SV/BD (?)

Port:

SV/PM (PM victory)

Sub Base:

SV/GV (SV victory)
    BD/PM (BD victory)
    AG/ruL (AG victory)
  • Carbon came 5th place. Russia, Indonesia, AG, and Carbon were eliminated.
  • It's gonna be a juicy semi-final alright ...

SV vs BD
    PM vs GV

I don't expect BD to put up much of a fight since they have shown a couple of deep issues thus far so I wonder if this means that adrF is finally going to get dropped ? :eek: (SV is as good as set as long as they either ban Port or Sub Base)

That other semi-final match is going to be hype and as for AG I expected more from them since they threw the second day really hard but not especially up against ruLegends which has been truly exposed as a bunch of no talent hacks. I guess them getting second place in CFS 2018 was just a mistake and them taking down AG were mostly just flukes ...

Carbon obviously couldn't cut it with a couple of ringers even on their best day which was today ...
  • Playing against the players who were deemed on another level by you at this event, I had a positive K/D. I’m looking for your genuine analysis on this one. Am I still considered a bullet sponge?

Also, how did you manage to make that last sentence seem like an insult. How did we “not cut it” on our best day? How can you do more than go 3-0 in 3 matches. This was against opponents including Macta and AG on Black Widow / Ankara. Some of their respective historical best maps. I’m just genuinely confused on your statements. It could be my sponge getting the best of me here...
  • fsFresh wrote: »
    Playing against the players who were deemed on another level by you at this event, I had a positive K/D. I’m looking for your genuine analysis on this one. Am I still considered a bullet sponge?

Also, how did you manage to make that last sentence seem like an insult? How did we “not cut it” on our best day? How can you do more than go 3-0 in 3 matches? This was against opponents including Macta and AG on Black Widow / Ankara. Some of respective historical best maps. I’m just genuinely confused on your statements. It could be my sponge getting the best of me here...

Hey bruh, any updates on the final standings situation? If the AG protest goes through, you guys qualify
    Playing against the players who were deemed on another level by you at this event, I had a positive K/D. I’m looking for your genuine analysis on this one. Am I still considered a bullet sponge?

Also, how did you manage to make that last sentence seem like an insult. How did we “not cut it” on our best day? How can you do more than go 3-0 in 3 matches. This was against opponents including Macta and AG on Black Widow / Ankara. Some of respective historical best maps. I’m just genuinely confused on your statements. It could be my sponge getting the best of me here...

I never had any doubts, amigo

Also, how did you manage to make that last sentence seem like an insult. How did we “not cut it” on our best day? How can you do more than go 3-0 in 3 matches. This was against opponents including Macta and AG on Black Widow / Ankara. Some of their respective historical best maps. I’m just genuinely confused on your statements. It could be my sponge getting the best of me here...

Beats me since I can't see any of your team's games and was your match against SV even streamed ?

As far as the 'insult' concerned, seeing as how AG is now taking BD's spot in the semi-finals that could've very well been your team instead had your team scored better than 10-2 against AG so you could stand to do better than 3-0 so let this be a valuable lesson where you don't open yourself to the chance for the other teams to score points against your team ... (EVERY LAST POINT MATTERS IN WCG and the other teams failure is your team's success)

This is why you guys did "not cut it" for the playoffs so Carbon had a huge regression in their position as 2nd place of CFGI 2018 to falling out of the group stages in WCG 2019 ...
  • Samus999 wrote: »

Hey bruh, any updates on the final standings situation? If the AG protest goes through, you guys qualify

Actually, AG is taking BD's spot since they scored 1 more point over Carbon ... (57 points vs 56 points)

• Beats me since I can't see any of your team's games and was your match against SV even streamed ?

As far as the 'insult' concerned, seeing as how AG is now taking BD's spot in the semi-finals that could've very well been your team instead had your team scored better than 10-2 against AG so you could stand to do better than 3-0 so let this be a valuable lesson where you don't open yourself to the chance for the other teams to score points against your team ... (EVERY LAST POINT MATTERS IN WCG and the other teams failure is your team's success)

This is why you guys did "not cut it" for the playoffs so Carbon had a huge regression in their position as 2nd place of CFGI 2018 to falling out of the group stages in WCG 2019 ...

Who are you again?
  • As of this post, both the Golden V and Pacific Macta have been eliminated ...

Despite All Gamers protesting, their performance today showed why they were deserving of heading into the play-offs. As for GV, they probably got PTSD from TMQQ and ZQ haha ...

I look forward to the conclusion between AG and SV ...
  • As of this post, both the Golden V and Pacific Macta have been eliminated ...

Despite All Gamers protesting, their performance today showed why they were deserving of heading into the play-offs. As for GV, they probably got PTSD from TMQQ and ZQ haha ...

I look forward to the conclusion between AG and SV ...

You got to be kidding me. AG performance was awful in this tournament. Black Dragons deserved the 4th spot more than AG.
  • [QUOTE=[MOD]Abel;n6903237]

You got to be kidding me. AG performance was awful in this tournament. Black Dragons deserved the 4th spot more than AG.[/QUOTE]

Regardless of who's more 'deserving' of a slot in the play-offs, AG still very much showed us today why they are still the second best team since they squashed what is arguably the third best team ...

• Regardless of who's more 'deserving' of a slot in the play-offs, AG still very much showed us today why they are still the second best team since they squashed what is arguably the third best team ...

If you're talking about Golden V then they always have trouble when it comes to Chinese teams. Nothing really impressive here lol.
  • [QUOTE=[MOD]Abel;n6903388]

If you're talking about Golden V then they always have trouble when it comes to Chinese teams. Nothing really impressive here lol.[/QUOTE]

Despite GV taking down PM in the 3rd place match, they still got beaten by AG 3 times in the end ...