Ghost Mode New Year! January Tournament!

INTRODUCTION

There has been many Ghost Mode players before to host Tournaments and perhaps it’s about time for me to pitch in to the GM community. Ghost Mode has been at a rapid decline in popularity throughout the CF community and majority of Ghost Mode players have gone inactive due to it as well. So let’s try to kick off the New Year with a little Tournament. The Tournament will consist of a 3 person team(3v3) Hopefully with the help of some reliable friends, I can actually pull this off and everyone can have a great time and earn a little reward on the side. In order to even try to organize a Tournament we’ll have to have plenty of teams contending. I don’t want to waste my effort for no one to sign up. Remember, there is no fee to sign up, it’s completely free! Tell your friends, put together a team, sign up! Even if you’ve never had Competitive experience in the field of Ghost Mode. it’s a great opportunity to get some experience and freshen up on your Ghost Mode skills before the MOTG 2018! Who knows you might win! Stay humble, refrain from cheating, and have fun!

TOURNAMENT INFO

TOURNAMENT TYPE
Single Elimination
A single-elimination tournament is a type of elimination tournament where the loser of each match-up is immediately eliminated from winning the tournament.

TOURNAMENT SIZE
16 Teams
Please note that this is a first come first serve tournament so register as quickly as you can before the cap is hit of 16 teams of three players each for a total of 48 max players..

TOURNAMENT START DATE
January 20th, 2018
This date is subject to change

TOURNAMENT START TIME
12 PM PST
cya_1516474800.png

TOURNAMENT SERVER LOCATION
North America 3 - Channel 5
United Kingdom 3 - Channel 5

TOURNAMENT ROOM NAME
GM 3v3 - (your) Match #

REGISTRATIONS CLOSING TIME
Midnight (PST) on 19th of January 2018

TOURNAMENT RULES

ALLOWED WEAPON LIST

ROUNDS
7 Rounds

PLANTING
You can plant

POSITION CAMPING
You can camp

MAP ROTATION

Picking maps
Maps will be vetoed till one map is left

Round #

Maps

Round 1

Laboratory, Metro, Hakenkreuz

Round 2

Nightfall, Bio Facility, Complex

Semifinals

Hakenkreuz, Complex, Bio Facility

Grand Finals

Metro, Complex, Laboratory, Hakenkreuz

[/Center]

DISQUALIFICATION CRITERIA
  • You have approximately 5 minutes to show and be ready for your match otherwise you will be declared a no-show and will be declared forfeit from your match.
  • In the event of you breaking any given rule, you and your team will be immediatily disqualified, under the host's discretion.
  • In the event of a disconnection you and your team are given approximately 3 minutes (180 seconds) to get back into the room and continue the game; in the event that you fail to come back online, it will be assumed you forfeit from the tournament and your opposition will automatically be awarded a win and proceed to the next round, under the host's discretion.
  • The use of macros, hacks and glitches of any nature will result in an automatic disqualification, a ban from the Ghost Mode Discord, and being reported to the CrossFire Support.

UK VERSUS NA MATCHES
  • In the event that the seeding results in a matchup where a North American team is playing against an United Kingdom, the matches will have to be played on both servers
  • The scores will be tallied up and the winning team annouced depending on the results.
  • Same map, same rules.

RESCHEDULING YOUR MATCH

In the event that you/your team is unable to attend your match, please notify the administrating staff of the tournament immediately. Additionally, to be able to reschedule your match, your opposition must also agree to rescheduling and a new date and time will be chosen to the compliance of both parties. In the case that the other party does not agree to reschedule, the original match time will stay effective. The date, time and schedule for the tournament are placed beforehand and it is your responsibility to see that it matches with your own schedule.

ANTI-CHEAT

Yes, we are going to be using an anti-cheat in this tournament to avoid any foul play. The anti-cheat in question we will be using is MOSS. It is in everyones best interest to visit the website and do a quick read about the anti-cheat so we can all be on the same page regarding it's use and how to actually get it running. You can download moss using this direct link.

TIE BREAKER

In the unlikely event of a tie breaker, one additional game of five rounds will be played with the winner of this game moving on in the bracket.

OVERSEERS

STREAM

To avoid ghosting and other issues, spectating is disallowed but a stream with a delay will be available. This area will be updated when we find a suitable commentator and streamer.

Current Streamers:

________________ PRIZES ________________

First Place

$80.00 each and 20 GM Crates

Second Place

$50.00 each and 15 GM Crates

Third Place

$20.00 each and 10 GM Crates

Fourth Place

5 GM crates

Fifth Place

1 GM crates

MVP

$30.00

TOTAL PRIZE POOL: $480.00

Please note that in the event that less than 16 teams sign up for the tournament or fail to show up,
the prizes may be adjusted.

REGISTRATION & BRACKET INFO

REGISTRATION

To register for the tournament simply post in this thread with the following format:

EXAMPLE
Team Name: Sexy Ghost Mode Players

1) Viscous
2) *]M[oetaz-.
3) [M]oetaz.

BRACKET

We are using challonge.com as our bracket orginzation platform.

We will be updating it with actual teams as they register on the thread. Screenshots and replay files may also be uploaded to the brackets attachment section following a match conclusion as free resources to help improve the Ghost Mode Community.

The participating teams are entered into the brackets as they are registered but after the competition of the list, the seeds are randomized and thus, so are the match ups.

View the Bracket

F.A.Q

QUESTION

ANSWER

Who is hosting this tournament?

NobleBeast

These tournaments are great, is there a way I can contribute?

We're always looking for help so we can more efficiently run the tournaments. Furthermore, we're also looking for donations to help increase both the frequency of the tournaments and the prize pool. Contact us through the discord channel to see where and how you can fit into the picture.

Where do I show up at 12:00 PM PST to begin the tournament?

You show up to your designated channel indicated in the bracket, room password will be provided to participants

Do I need a mic?

Not a requirement but it definitely helps and improves the communication between you and the overseer. Plus don't you want to communicate with your partner?

How long will the tournament last?

Within 2 days

When will we get our rewards?

After the tournament has concluded and the winners have been decided.

Will only one game be played a time?

No, unfortunately to help speed up the tournament, three to four games will be run concurrently each handled by a separate overseer. We're limited on the quantity and quality of our streamers.

What weapons/items/characters am I allowed to use?

We are following the P.U.G. rulesets, please take a look at what's available by visiting the thread.

My teammates dipped on me, can I change my partner?

You are free to change your partner up till the the registration close date which is the midnight of the day before the tournament matches begin.

What about subs, can I have a sub if my partner dips on the day of the match?

No.

I saw the schedule post below but how do I know what match number my match is?

Refer to this bracket layout. Look at the number preceded each matchup. That is your match number.

[The thread is subject too further change if deemed necessary]

Comments