CFGI Predictions Contest

Sup peeps - Hoping to spice up some forum activity! I know many current and ex-players are constantly lurking here, so I am going to be giving away $40, $20x2 in this CFGI Predictions Contest.

Tournament Info: http://www.crossfirestars.com/en/new...pNo=1530491360

Teams (6)
1. Q9 (China)
2. AG (China)
3. Carbon (North America)
4. Pacific Macta (Philippines)
5. Black Dragons (Brazil)
6. Boss (Vietnam)

Prize 1: $20
The amount of group stage wins Carbon will get, with the tie breaker being the rounds spread in each individual map.

Example 1:

Carbon vs Q9 10-5 W
Carbon vs AG 10-5 W
Carbon vs PM 10-3 W
Carbon vs BD 10-2 W
Carbon vs VN 5-10 L
​​​
Prize 2: $20
The amount of maps that a specific team member will top-frag in regulation with tie breaker being the total amount of kills.

Example 2:

Carbon vs Q9 - Req
Carbon vs AG - Kaiz
Carbon vs PM - Brando
Carbon vs BD - Famous
Carbon vs VN - Phat

I think that Phat will top frag 3 maps and have a combined total of 80 frags over 5 maps.

FYI:
-Edited comments will not be reviewed, so make sure you get them right the first try
-Feel free to comment and chat about the predictions - but lets limit the troll/hate
-Payments will be sent out via Etransfer / Paypal / ZP

Please refer to the format posted below, as only individuals who follow this format will be considered for the prize!

I think Carbon will place "x" out of 6 in the group stage, they will win "4" out of "5" maps with the following scores. I think this because "X,Y,Z".

Carbon vs Q9 10-5 W
Carbon vs AG 10-5 W
Carbon vs PM 10-3 W
Carbon vs BD 10-2 W
Carbon vs VN 5-10 L

I believe that player to watch is Phat because "X,Y,Z" + I think that Phat will top frag 3 maps and have a combined total of 80 frags over 5 maps.

Carbon vs Q9 - Req
Carbon vs AG - Kaiz
Carbon vs PM - Brando
Carbon vs BD - Famous
Carbon vs VN - Phat

Cheers,

AYRIN

Comments

• http://cf.qq.com/cp/a20170113guide/c...z=1&tid=138710

I honestly don't care about the prize and yes the group stage face-off format will be single round robin BO1 so that totals out to 15 matches according to the information above (no idea on how map draw will work so far) but since this is pretty much about Carbon, I'm only going to dump my thoughts on them with less than 2 weeks to spare ...

It will be a difficult ordeal for Carbon in their current condition as it is to be able to win any of their games because nearly nothing about the current team matches up to where their old team, STDX went. Carbon is NOT upto par with STDX which is just isn't acceptable when 4 out of the 5 strongest teams in the world will be attending to that tournament with the other team being not far off but it's just disappointing that they can't even consistently come out on top of Europe (Penta) or Russia (ruLegends) anymore while STDX would've ran over them ... (Notice how 3 teams that qualified for CFS such as HG and especially EVA and SV are totally out of the picture this time ?)

A more apt tournament for Carbon would've been a hypothetical CFGI "junior" where Smilegate just invites the 2nd best teams from each of the region with CFEL/CFPL which would've boiled down to HG, HeroKing, INTZ and TNC Pro Team but even then Carbon's chances of actually winning that tournament would've been about the same for the other teams as well if not maybe lower. Carbon is the proverbial underdog by a massive margin ...

It's way too early to say what the scores will be too when map picks will be a bigger factor than before coming to CFGI this year when the 3 regions with CFEL have been getting much closer to chinese teams than prior tournaments so Q9 which are the current champions of CFPL S13 will be under a magnifying glass this time since many of their team members don't actually have a lot of experience with recent CFS style tournaments ...
  • I think Carbon will place "4" out of 6 in the group stage, they will win "2" out of "5" maps with the following scores. I think this because I think that the international scene is in a great deal of turmoil. Carbon has the strongest on-paper LAN roster ever assembled for North America. However, xfam0usx has a history of inconsistency in international competitions, with fewer than half of his LAN performances being 'passable'.

Carbon vs Q9 10-6 L
    Carbon vs AG 10-8 W
    Carbon vs PM 10-6 L
    Carbon vs BD 10-7 W
    Carbon vs VN 10-5 L

I believe that the player to watch is Kaiz. While Phat historically has done well at LAN, and xfam0usx did have one of his best performances in 2017, I think that Kaiz will top frag 2 maps. I think Phat will also topfrag two maps, but that Kaiz will have a higher total number of frags. I can't say how many that turns out to be, I have no idea.

Carbon vs Q9 - Kaiz
    Carbon vs AG - Phat
    Carbon vs PM - xfam0usx (I think Kaiz is going to get annihilated this map, predicting a big loss then a bounceback in future games)
    Carbon vs BD - Kaiz
    Carbon vs VN - Phat
  • I think Carbon will place "4" out of 6 in the group stage, they will win "2" out of "5" maps with the following scores. I think this because, although the international scene is seemingly worse than in the previous year, Carbon has a lot of issues as a team. However they have a lot of talent on the team and that alone should be enough to get them at least 2 wins.

Carbon vs Q9 10-8 L
    Carbon vs AG 10-7 L
    Carbon vs PM 10-7 L
    Carbon vs BD 10-6 W
    Carbon vs VN 10-6 W

I believe that the player to watch is Phat. He's easily the best NA player (even despite him playing a stupid role, imo, in CbN) and odds are he'll continue to show it.I think that Phat will top frag 3 maps and have a combined total of 70 frags over 5 maps

Carbon vs Q9 - req
    Carbon vs AG - Phat
    Carbon vs PM - Phat
    Carbon vs BD - Phat
    Carbon vs VN - Kaiz
  • Great individual players but I don't think they're ready as a team for the international level but anything can happen so we'll see.

Carbon vs Q9 7-10 L
    Carbon vs AG 5-10 L
    Carbon vs PM 8-10 L
    Carbon vs BD 10-7 W
    Carbon vs VN 5-10 L
    ​​​
    Phat and Req are going to put up an amazing performance as they did in CFS they're the strong core of this team and definitely keep eyes on both of them. Out of both of them I think Req will frag out more this time but both will equally top frag.

Carbon vs Q9 - Phat
    Carbon vs AG - Req
    Carbon vs PM - xfam0usx
    Carbon vs BD - Phat
    Carbon vs VN - Req
  • I'm not sure how I understand the international scene to be weaker compared to before when there were very few excellent foreign teams available in the competitive international scene outside of the couple of extremely good chinese teams or other exceptions outside of that ...

The past was arguably far more chaotic than the current condition of the international scene when chinese teams such as HG or Modern had failed to establish a dynasty since they've never won a single season of CFPL but they still somehow represented the best of what China had to offer in these circumstances of uncertainty and one of that team is still here today chasing the dream of clinching the title of CFPL championship since the inception of the league even after retiring players having overstayed their welcome such as Enpi, mino and har1en that never won a single CFPL season so the chances of a team coming from China representing international tournaments without ever having winning CFPL are becoming lower than ever thus the days of HG or similar teams representing China in international tournaments along with dominating them may very well be over ... (both AG and recently Q9 are established dynasties like SV was)

As for the other CFEL regions, there now exist multiple teams for each that are genuinely good and some being consistent contenders now. Brazil, before BD existed only saw some short term success with INTZ who got 4th place at CFS 2015 but they've now came back and reclaimed their glory so teams such Brave or OPK became total history. As for the Philippines, Pacific Macta aside from having a bad year during 2016 was always strong but now TNC Pro Team is starting to become the solid 2nd team since the lower Philippines teams never had any stability with all the roster changes or other changes. Vietnam as a region didn't have much consistency so experienced and older teams like Freedom Gaming (later known as EVA) was able to capitalize on this advantage when it came to CFS qualifiers since they didn't have the best performances at CFEL but now there are other younger teams aside from Boss who can potentially threaten Eva Teams supremacy such as Cherry Stars or Hero King so Eva Team has become totally washed out at this point and it'll be far harder for them than before to project their strength at CFS but even that might not be good enough for them ...

Europe as a region should've never being able to get as far as they did in the international scene as it's a miracle that they performed so well in the past up until last year but from then on their now a second tier CF region in terms of skill and their other realistic rivals are Russia or North America so I see no reason for North America to pretend that they can actually match up with either of CFEL/CFPL regions when it is by some massive luck that STDX was able to avoid fighting most of these teams up until the semifinals or 3/4th place match where their true strength was nowhere near enough to overcome these regions ...
  • My friend xfam0usx will get 241 frags, 0 deaths, a pizza, an ironic chinese movie, and a very naiiice bed
  • Keep the entries coming, why not win some cash?

Current Entries:

x0tek
    Tupac
    Michaeldrk
  • Carbon vs Q9 10-7 W
    Carbon vs AG 6-10 L
    Carbon vs PM 10-8 W
    Carbon vs BD 10-7 W
    Carbon vs VN 6-10 L

Carbon vs Q9 - Kaiz
    Carbon vs AG - Kaiz
    Carbon vs PM - Brando
    Carbon vs BD - Req
    Carbon vs VN - Phat

Kaiz Combined for 75 Frags
  • I think Carbon will place "6" out of 6 in the group stage, they will win "1" out of "5" maps with the following scores. I think this because upsets are hard on stage.
    Carbon vs Q9 5-10 L
    Carbon vs AG 4-10 L
    Carbon vs PM 8-10 L
    Carbon vs BD 10-7 W
    Carbon vs VN 7-10 L

I believe that the player to watch is Phat for obvious reasons. I think that Phat will top frag 5 maps and have a combined total of 67 frags over 5 maps

Carbon vs Q9 - Phat
    Carbon vs AG - Phat
    Carbon vs PM - Phat
    Carbon vs BD - Phat
    Carbon vs VN - Phat
  • I think Carbon will place "4" out of 6 in the group stage, they will win "2" out of "5" maps with the following scores.
    Carbon vs Q9 8-10 L
    Carbon vs AG 7-10 L
    Carbon vs PM 6-10 L
    Carbon vs BD 10-7 W
    Carbon vs VN 10-7 W

I believe that player to watch is Brando because of his game sense and fantastic positioning, as well as his ability to step up to the plate while under pressure. I think that Phat will top frag 2 maps and have a combined total of 70 frags over 5 maps. However should Carbon have Famous use the awp like he did at CFS 2017, I see him potentially taking 2 maps as the top fragger.

Carbon vs Q9 - Famous
    Carbon vs AG - Req
    Carbon vs PM - Phat
    Carbon vs BD - Kaiz
    Carbon vs VN - Phat
  • I think Carbon will place "4" out of 6 in the group stage, they will win "3" out of "5" maps with the following scores.

Carbon vs Q9 10-8 W
    Carbon vs AG 7-10 L
    Carbon vs PM 7-10 L
    Carbon vs BD 10-8 W
    Carbon vs VN 10-7 W

Carbon vs Q9 - supamen
    Carbon vs AG - Kaiz
    Carbon vs PM - Kaiz
    Carbon vs BD - Famous
    Carbon vs VN - supamen

supamen combined 77 frags
  • I think Carbon will place "5" out of 6 in the group stage, they will win "1" out of "5" maps with the following scores.

Carbon vs Q9 8-10 L
    Carbon vs AG 7-10 L
    Carbon vs PM 7-10 L
    Carbon vs BD 10-8 W
    Carbon vs VN 6-10 L

Carbon vs Q9 - supamen
    Carbon vs AG - Famous
    Carbon vs PM - Brando
    Carbon vs BD - Famous
    Carbon vs VN - supamen
  • Hansgay wrote: »
    I think Carbon will place "4" out of 6 in the group stage, they will win "3" out of "5" maps with the following scores.

Carbon vs Q9 10-8 W
    Carbon vs AG 7-10 L
    Carbon vs PM 7-10 L
    Carbon vs BD 10-8 W
    Carbon vs VN 10-7 W

Carbon vs Q9 - supamen
    Carbon vs AG - Kaiz
    Carbon vs PM - Kaiz
    Carbon vs BD - Famous
    Carbon vs VN - supamen

supamen combined 77 frags

Congrats to Hansgay for guessing 3 correct wins.

Carbon did beat Q9, BD, and VN, default win because no other person on the thread guessed 3 wins. Please send an inbox message to me on these forums with your paypal!
  • Tupac47 wrote: »
    Great individual players but I don't think they're ready as a team for the international level but anything can happen so we'll see.

Carbon vs Q9 7-10 L
    Carbon vs AG 5-10 L
    Carbon vs PM 8-10 L
    Carbon vs BD 10-7 W
    Carbon vs VN 5-10 L
    ​​​
    Phat and Req are going to put up an amazing performance as they did in CFS they're the strong core of this team and definitely keep eyes on both of them. Out of both of them I think Req will frag out more this time but both will equally top frag.

Carbon vs Q9 - Phat
    Carbon vs AG - Req
    Carbon vs PM - xfam0usx
    Carbon vs BD - Phat
    Carbon vs VN - Req

Congrats to Tupac for guessing 2 Top frags in the group stage correctly (I did not include overtimes).

These were the results:

Q9 - FAMOUS
    BD - PHAT
    PM - FAMOUS
    AG - Kaiz
    Boss - FAMOUS

Tupac guessed that Famous would top frag vs PM, and that Phat would top frag vs BD, the only person to guess 2 right. Send me your paypal through an inbox message to receive your money!
  • i think kaiz top fragged vs PM (mind break after round 1)