LucK's quick pugg guide

Hey, made this in response to many pugg related questions etc. Hope it helps.

Section 1 – “What is ‘pugg’”
Section 2 – “Who can pugg?”
Section 3 – “What happens in a pugg?"
Section 4 – “When are puggs?”
Section 5 – “What is a “Pugg draft””?
Section 6 – “What do you win?”
Section 7 - “How do I go about getting into puggs?”
Section 8 - “Is there an xfire group?”
Section 9 - “What do I need to pugg?”
Section10 - “What are the main rules?”
Section11 - Wrap-up

Section 1 – “What is ‘pugg’”

“Pugg” is short for “Players Use Growler Guncam”. Essentially, Pugg aims to be a semi-serious, fun, clean (hack-free) environment for the community to interact and grow.

Originally started months ago by Pubstar (of area 51) and a few other “classic players”, pug stood for “Pick up game”. There would be pugs occurring randomly throughout the week, and one draft a week. However, the competitive community dwindled, and pugs became rarities.

Pg] Krzy recently (a few weeks ago) bought a large ventrillo and since then he has been working towards restarting pug’s and restoring a sense of competition into the game.

Section 2 – “Who can pugg?”

In previous pugs only skilled players (usually well known) were permitted to pug. I remember my first pug, I was invited to tag along as they needed a tenth player. I was up against legends. Malte, tweakz, pubstar. Naturally, I dropped a 4-7.

However, the puggs krzy has created are not so exclusive. These puggs are open for anyone. As long as you have ventrillo, and want to play, you can.

Section 3 – “What happens in a pugg?”

A pugg occurs once 10 players are ready, and willing to play. Two captains are chosen, and they alternate picking players for their respective teams. The games are then played 5on5 SnD. Usually 9 rounds are played, 7 if time is short, and 5 for tiebreakers. Teams will switch sides at half

Section 4 – “When are puggs?”

Puggs occur any time there are 10 players willing to play.

Pugg drafts on the other hand, occur every Friday and Saturday at 7:00 pm Eastern time.

Section 5 – “What is a “Pugg draft””?

A pugg draft is essentially a “tournament” of pugs. Several captains are picked, usually 8 or 10, and then they each take turns selecting their teams. The teams are then placed in a single elimination bracket to determine which team is #1.

Section 6 – “What do you win?”

For winning a pug you obviously gain bragging rights. However, it’s not the aspect of winning that makes puggs great. It’s the sense of teamwork, communication, and interaction that attracts people to pugg.

As well, for pugg drafts, Krzy has announced that there may be cash or in-game prizes in the future.

Section – 7 “How do I go about getting into puggs?”

To get a pugg going, head to this vent, and try get 10 players who also want to pugg.
Host IP: vent20.gameservers.com
Port: 4267
Password: noob

Section – 8 “Is there an xfire group?”

Yes. I recently made an xfire group to help pick up ringers / subs / keep people updated on pugg related issues. Please join by applying here:
http://www.xfire.com/communities/cfpugg/

Section – 9 “What do I need to pugg?”

These are some of the things you need to participate in puggs:
- Ventrillo
- Growler (or some other type of screen recording program such as fraps or camtasia)
- Teamviewer (or some other type of desktop viewing program)

Section – 10 “What are the main rules?”
Respect and obey the vent admins.
Don’t be a jerk.
No spamming.
No spop.
Growlers mandatory.
No raging / QQing.

Failure to comply with any of the above rules may result in a permanent ban.

Section – 11 Wrap-up

Puggs are meant for the community to interact and get to know one another. The main purpose is to have fun. The level of competition is higher than the average pub, and the use of ventrillo really makes things a lot more enjoyable. So, if you have been thinking about pugging, or wondering what it is, hop on by the vent and play a few games. Just have fun with it.

If you have any questions regarding pugg’s you can contact me or krzy on xfire:
iTwAsLucK – deadmoo
pG]Krzy - krzyhedshot

Comments