Crossfire Ghost Mode Back2School Tournament

INTRODUCTION

Let's cut to the chase, we know the drill. Or you should by now. This is the third (or something like that) tournament to be hosted, first one to be managed by solely by me. It was supposed to be held in the summer during June, then it got pushed to july, then august now here we are aiming at a September window. This is a traditional style tournament. 5vs5, single elimination knockout and the tournament will be completed within a day. This will most very likely be the last tournament in which I will personally be involved. With such a desirable award I'm expecting 12 teams but it's unlikely so at the bare minimum we should aim for 8 teams to have a competitive tournament.

TOURNAMENT INFO

TOURNAMENT TYPE
What this means is that you are given one chance. On your first loss you are immediately knocked out of the tournament. Do not lose!

TOURNAMENT SIZE
12 Teams Max / 60 Players Max
Please note that this is a first come first serve tournament so register as quickly as you can before the cap is hit of 12 teams of 5 players each for a total of 60 max players. (This does not include a single sub)

TOURNAMENT START DATE
Saturday, 2nd of September, 2017
This date is possibly subject to change depending on team availability

TOURNAMENT START TIME

TOURNAMENT SERVER LOCATION
North America 3 - Channel 5

TOURNAMENT ROOM NAME
GM Tourney- Match #

REGISTRATIONS CLOSING TIME
Midnight (PST) on Friday, 1st of September, 2017

TOURNAMENT RULES

ALLOWED WEAPON LIST

ROUNDS
7 Rounds

PLANTING
You are allowed to plant.

POSITION CAMPING
You can camp.

DISQUALIFICATION CRITERIA
  • You have approximately 10 minutes to show and be ready for your match otherwise you will be declared a no-show and will be declared forfeit from your match, following that you will automatically fall into the losers bracket where, if you fail to show again, another forfeit will be inevitable and you will fail the tournament. So please show up!
  • In the event of you breaking any given rule, you will be given a first warning, followed by a second warning on the second occurrence of the offense and finally a disqualification following the third occurrence of the offense. This number is not specific to just one offense, i.e, breaking the rule same rule three times; if you break any of the given rules consecutively three times, you are disqualified.
  • In the event of a disconnection you are given approximately 3 minutes (180 seconds) to get back into the room and continue the game; in the event that you fail to come back online, it will be assumed you forfeit from the tournament and your opposition will automatically be awarded a win and proceed to the next round.
  • The use of macros, hacks and glitches of any nature will result in an automatic disqualification and being reported to the CrossFire Support.

RESCHEDULING YOUR MATCH

In the event that you/your team is unable to attend your match, please notify the administrating staff of the tournament immediately. Additionally, to reschedule your match, your opposition must also agree to rescheduling and a new date and time will be chosen to the compliance of both parties. In the case that the other party does not agree to reschedule, our hands are tied and there is little that can be done. The date, time and schedule for the tournament are placed beforehand and it is your responsibility to see that it matches with your own schedule.

ANTI-CHEAT

Yes, we are going to be using an anti-cheat in this tournament to avoid any foul play. The anti-cheat in question we will be using is MOSS. It is in everyones best interest to visit the website and do a quick read about the anti-cheat so we can all be on the same page regarding it's use and how to actually get it running. You can download moss using this direct link. In Addition to MOSS we will also be requiring recorded video game play from each player. It shouldn't be too much of an issue and you are free to record at a lower framerate, further details regarding MOSS and video recording software will be provided in a separate post. Don't play CrossFire on a toaster in 2017.

TIE BREAKER

In the unlikely event of a tie breaker, one additional game of five rounds will be played with the winner of this game moving on in the bracket.

OVERSEERS

Please note that we are currently looking for additional overseer to help manage and organize this tournament, if you are interested please drop me a direct message on Discord or send me a private message here on the forums. It goes without saying that the ideal overseer would be one who knows Ghost Mode inside out and can devote their time to the tournament. Thank you.

STREAM

To avoid ghosting and other issues, spectating is disallowed but a stream with a slight delay will be available. This area will be updated when we find a suitable commentator and streamer.

Current Streamers:

If you would like to also stream or would be interested in doing co-commentary please let us know by contacting us through PM on either the forums or the discord channel.

________________ PRIZES ________________

First Place

$75.00 Amazon Gift Card for Each Player

Second Place

$20.00 Amazon Gift Card for Each Player

Third Place

[
TBD

TOTAL PRIZE POOL: $475.00

Please note that in the event that less than 12 teams sign up for the tournament or fail to show up,
the prizes may be adjusted.

REGISTRATION & BRACKET INFO

REGISTRATION

To register for the tournament simply post in this thread with the following format:

EXAMPLE
Team Name: Detestable People

1) FrozenPizza

In the event that you are interested in playing in the tournament but lack a team: please hop on our Discord Channel and join the #team-recruitment text channel to begin looking for a team.

BRACKET

We are using challonge.com as our bracket orginzation platform.

We will be updating it with actual teams as they register on the thread. Screenshots and replay files may also be uploaded to the brackets attachment section following a match conclusion as free resources to help improve the Ghost Mode Community.

The participating teams are entered into the brackets as they are registered but after the competition of the list, the seeds are randomized and thus, so are the match ups.

View the Bracket

F.A.Q

QUESTION

ANSWER

Who is hosting this tournament?

iPhoenixi

Who organizes these tournaments?

iPhoenixi

These tournaments are great, is there a way I can contribute?

We're always looking for help so we can more efficiently run the tournaments. Furthermore, we're also looking for donations to help increase both the frequency of the tournaments and the prize pool. Contact us through the discord channel to see where and how you can fit into the picture.

Where do I show up at 12:00 PM PST to begin the tournament?

The Discord Channel Join the #general lobby. Everything is managed and organized through the Discord channel.

Do I need a mic?

Not a requirement but it definitely helps and improves the communication between you and the overseer. Plus don't you want to communicate with your partner?

How long will the tournament last?

Depends on the number of games played each day but we hope to wrap up the tournament within a day.

When will we get our rewards?

After the tournament has concluded and the winners have been decided. That being said however, there may be a delay in providing prizes to everyone. Not everyone may receive their prize at the same time. Rest assured however everyone will receive their reward.

Will only one game be played a time?

No, unfortunately to help speed up the tournament, two to three games will be run concurrently each handled by a separate overseer. The most anticipated matches will be streamed. We're limited on the quantity and quality of our streamers.

What weapons/items/characters am I allowed to use?

We are following the P.U.G. rulesets, please take a look at what's available by visiting the thread.

Are we allowed to have subs?

You are free to have a single sub. If 40% of your team is unreliable then you have bigger problems on your hand. If you have 5 players, two are unavailable but you have a sub, you will have to play the tournament as a 4vs5. This is my attempt at reducing big players from pooling together into trying to jump on the "winning horse," so to speak.

I saw the schedule post below but how do I know what match number my match is?

Refer to this bracket layout. Look at the number preceded each matchup. That is your match number.

[The thread is subject too further change if deemed necessary]

Comments