Ping issues (help please)

I know its not just me, and I can see many other people having the same issue as I have right now. Over the past 6 months I played I had an excellent ping of 17 :P. Over the past week however, it went up all the way to 700. I thought it might be something wrong with my PC (viruses) so I reinstalled the operating system completely (don't ask why). Installed crossfire and played it. And I still have the same issues.

I live in Canada by the way so I have Rogers high speed internet. Look any help is greatly appreciated and because of this ping issue, there is barely any fun playing crossfire...

Comments

• Anyone? Any mods or gms who can explain this problem?
  • im not sure whats causing it but ALOT of people have experienced a huge increase in ping... i have too

i personally think it might be a server issue

not much you can do
  • ahh well go informat your PC it cost 40 euros i think it will delete you all the files and if this not work maybe is wrong with your Connection Rogers in canada ahh call them and ask if there is any problem
  • Splaterson wrote: »
    why format his pc?

are you crazy?

Because maybe some wrong with it maybe drivers or something btw update your drivers
  • its nothing to do with drivers

its his connection to the servers.....
  • WakeM wrote: »
    I know its not just me, and I can see many other people having the same issue as I have right now. Over the past 6 months I played I had an excellent ping of 17 :P. Over the past week however, it went up all the way to 700. I thought it might be something wrong with my PC (viruses) so I reinstalled the operating system completely (don't ask why). Installed crossfire and played it. And I still have the same issues.

I live in Canada by the way so I have Rogers high speed internet. Look any help is greatly appreciated and because of this ping issue, there is barely any fun playing crossfire...

Hi Wake, you should try the following:
    1) Call rogers and ask them the site to test your connection to see if that checks out (I cannot remember the site off hand, sorry). If it has a slow connection speed, then you may need to replace the rogers modem or ask Rogers if they have recently upgraded any the installations in your area. Other possibilities are your network card (but you said others are experiencing the same issue. Are these ppl in the same area as you, if so then rogers may be the issue). If using a router you may want to check that.
    2) If the connection test was fine, then check to see if you are running any server processes on your machine (ftp, http, J2EE server services etc). If so, kill them! Anti-virus too!

Not sure what else to suggest...hope you resolve your issue.

My ping is usually 11 using rogers. East side of Toronto.
  • What's the problem if your ping is high? O.o
    If you're a good player your ping doesn't matter. I don't know why people care about their pings. And I never got it. The lower the best? Or the higher the best? Someone explain me omg. :confused:

MELON%20IN%20DA%20HAUZ%20Banner.PNG
  • My ping uses to be around 156. Is that good? O.o

• What's the problem if your ping is high? O.o
    If you're a good player your ping doesn't matter. I don't know why people care about their pings. And I never got it. The lower the best? Or the higher the best? Someone explain me omg. :confused:

Uhhh, when lower the ping the shorter time it takes to kill someone. Eg: When I shoot someone in the head and I have lets say 20 ping it will take about 0.3 seconds before the game will notice that I just shot someone in the head, thus giving you the credit for getting a headshot. However if you have lets say 400 ping, then it will take 2-4 seconds before you get the headshot. By that time someone else might kill you so having a low ping is always the best. :)
    Uhhh, when lower the ping the shorter time it takes to kill someone. Eg: When I shoot someone in the head and I have lets say 20 ping it will take about 0.3 seconds before the game will notice that I just shot someone in the head, thus giving you the credit for getting a headshot. However if you have lets say 400 ping, then it will take 2-4 seconds before you get the headshot. By that time someone else might kill you so having a low ping is always the best. :)

Ooh now I got it, thnx :p. And that explains why sometimes it takes so long CF to show that god dammit star when I kill someone.

• *Changing the subject* And what tank a shot means? For what I know is when (somehow) you deviate from the shot. And things stay slow and blablaba. Is that it?

• *Changing the subject* And what tank a shot means? For what I know is when (somehow) you deviate from the shot. And things stay slow and blablaba. Is that it?

I think its just the person is shooting at you but youre not taking any damage. Reason? The player who is shooting at the person has high ping. This happens to me all the time when I awm.:)
  • raingod wrote: »
    Hi Wake, you should try the following:
    1) Call rogers and ask them the site to test your connection to see if that checks out (I cannot remember the site off hand, sorry). If it has a slow connection speed, then you may need to replace the rogers modem or ask Rogers if they have recently upgraded any the installations in your area. Other possibilities are your network card (but you said others are experiencing the same issue. Are these ppl in the same area as you, if so then rogers may be the issue). If using a router you may want to check that.
    2) If the connection test was fine, then check to see if you are running any server processes on your machine (ftp, http, J2EE server services etc). If so, kill them! Anti-virus too!

Not sure what else to suggest...hope you resolve your issue.

My ping is usually 11 using rogers. East side of Toronto.

Do you mind explaining the second step (ftp, http, J2EE services thing)?
  • You can find any of these services in the Control Panel / Admin Tools / Services. I am assuming you have XP. Check which services are running and if any are similar to the list I gave you, set them to manual startup....you should only do this if you know what your doing because you dont want to stop services requires to allow XP to function without any issues.
    I think its just the person is shooting at you but youre not taking any damage. Reason? The player who is shooting at the person has high ping. This happens to me all the time when I awm.:)

Oh, right :p. Happens with me when I'm with AWM too.

• DeathB0dy wrote: »
    ahh well go informat your PC it cost 40 euros i think it will delete you all the files and if this not work maybe is wrong with your Connection Rogers in canada ahh call them and ask if there is any problem

LOL pay for informat?LOL dude its peace of cake just download the drivers and boot the Windows CD :P for free! xD that money you could buy 45/50k ZP
  • raingod wrote: »
    You can find any of these services in the Control Panel / Admin Tools / Services. I am assuming you have XP. Check which services are running and if any are similar to the list I gave you, set them to manual startup....you should only do this if you know what your doing because you dont want to stop services requires to allow XP to function without any issues.

Unfortunately I dont have xp. But guess what? I know found the cure!! Finally! All I did was I use gamebooster when I play and it works! The only thing you have to do is to make sure you check the box that says show all current processes and your ping will stay constant.

FINALLY :P
  • oh no my ping ia 22...usually its 15..help help....joke lol
    Unfortunately I dont have xp. But guess what? I know found the cure!! Finally! All I did was I use gamebooster when I play and it works! The only thing you have to do is to make sure you check the box that says show all current processes and your ping will stay constant.

FINALLY :P

F**K my ping went up all the way to 700 today!!

The cure hasn't been found.....
  • im having the same problem....my ping usualy is 120-150 now is 500 :S and has been like that for 2 days >-<