Playing against Ghosts with breath down?

Hey everyone...I don't know if this thread is already existing but if it's existing please post the link to the thread.

So my question is how do I play against the Ghosts with breath down? I mean if I walk I always suddently get killed but I heared nothing because he had breath down....and if I say nothing then there is nothing...not a single sound/breath. I know that I can't hear them because they are bunnyhopping but isn't that unfair? If I b-hop everyone hears me. Am I doing something wrong? How can I pinpoint ghosts with breath down? If I turn up my sound more than 20 my ears are going to explode and 20 is already really really loud for me. I've searched for some YouTube videos and I googled aswell but I've found nothing.

Any suggestions?

PS: sorry for all english mistakes I've done

Comments

• hqdefault.jpg

Seriously though: louder volume, equalisers can help but I don't personally use one and learn to predict your enemies movement better. More experience will often lead to you guessing or knowing where the popular spots or most common routes are, so you'll be prepared to shoot in those places when you hear the slightest bit of breath.
  • Well, I suppose with Breathdown I either rely on a big magazine, or try to predict where that invisible fellow that is out for my blood is going to be striking me from.

Having your Volume up certainly helps in order to spot even the slightest of slip-ups, but some people tend to use weaponry which can be a tad bit... disruptive to your hearing.
  • knowing the maps and the general most used paths is a huge bonus to any game mode but comes in extra handy in ghost sometimes. as does using certain areas of maps to your advantage, namely areas that are hard to bhop in due to lots of steps or other obstacles. Then you gotta keep moving with a somewhat erratic movement that way they have a harder time hitting you and when they swing and miss you'll hear it.

but yea....playing in a room full of sprayers with volume up is a pain and is the main reason I almost never use any kind of headphones anymore in pubs (and never really play anything else anymore anyways...lol). Just rely on visual clues and louder audio ones like people missing.

Another tip for helping spot them if you aren't doing it already is to make sure your in-game brightness always gets set to 100 in a match. ghost outlines stick out more then. But for some reason whenever i join a new match I gotta adjust the value for it to go into effect as when first joining it always goes to a default 50 despite it being set at 100, so it could be the same for you/others as well.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    knowing the maps and the general most used paths is a huge bonus to any game mode but comes in extra handy in ghost sometimes. as does using certain areas of maps to your advantage, namely areas that are hard to bhop in due to lots of steps or other obstacles. Then you gotta keep moving with a somewhat erratic movement that way they have a harder time hitting you and when they swing and miss you'll hear it.

but yea....playing in a room full of sprayers with volume up is a pain and is the main reason I almost never use any kind of headphones anymore in pubs (and never really play anything else anymore anyways...lol). Just rely on visual clues and louder audio ones like people missing.

Another tip for helping spot them if you aren't doing it already is to make sure your in-game brightness always gets set to 100 in a match. ghost outlines stick out more then. But for some reason whenever i join a new match I gotta adjust the value for it to go into effect as when first joining it always goes to a default 50 despite it being set at 100, so it could be the same for you/others as well.

but...if I run around my footsteps are just irretating me even when I hear them missing etc. Once a long time ago I tried the brightness to 100 and i played even worse :P I think the option with brightness is just personalty
    Lyn***x wrote: »
    Think like a ghost. ;)

BE THE GHOST! :D
  • I was never a fan of how the bright screen looked. Can't stand montages done with it.
    Map sense is very important in gm. Knowing where and when a bl could beat you somewhere, what routes to expect them and where they cannot get.
    Use map advantage as much as you can. If you camp in a bad place you may get killed before you hear the breath with how often the delay gets messed up.
    As gr shift walk or bhop to reduce your own sounds.
    Taking obscure paths and moving in unpredictable paths will help keep you safe.
  • The actual answer to ur question is equaliser. Pm me for my settings if u want em.
  • G_Flex wrote: »
    The actual answer to ur question is equaliser. Pm me for my settings if u want em.

Also i think its probably why bd is allowed in competitive gm, if that gives u a better sense of how powerful an eq can be :)
  • just jump around a lot and empty your clip into the general direction you hear breath in. works every time for me :^) :^)
  • You need a lot of experience. That takes some years and you need good reaction. Use a sound booster and headphones. Use a powerfull shotgun. Avoid the large rooms or bhoppers will get you. Very good BL players, you have to study. Sometimes play as BL player and study where they are. Complete your own profile from the difficult players
  • shift walk idont think it's usefull againest lowbreathe dont press shift just walk we w,s
  • G_Flex wrote: »
    Also i think its probably why bd is allowed in competitive gm, if that gives u a better sense of how powerful an eq can be :)

I cant pm your inbox is full
    here's my eq. http://imgur.com/a/Q5ZCB
  • Honestly EQ doesn't really do everything for you, I don't use EQ myself and I have no trouble playing against a BD user. Usually the way to beat someone using BD is proper movements and map placements. You say that your footsteps are too loud but a ghosts breath is louder than them. It take a little bit of time to develop that reaction time when you hear that incoming breath, but otherwise you should practice on movements.
  • If you're new to GM and want to pinpoint people with breath down its important to note that if someone perfectly hops in a straight line right to you then you will never hear them until its too late. Because of this its really important how you place yourself on GR. Hiding behind walls or hard to reach places allows you more time to hear a ghost coming and then react to them. Due to the breath lag in the game you'll need to get used to shooting farther ahead of where the breath actually is (unless they fail their hop). Also I would not recommend shift walking most of the time as it makes you an easier target. Asian walking is probably the best way to move around quietly without sacrificing speed. So basically what you want to do since your new is: camp, lure in ghosts, prefire popular routes, rinse and repeat.
  • You're focusing on the wrong things. Look at your playstyle. Is your movement predictable? Do you camp vulnerable spots? Are you using the map to your advantage? Positioning and movement wins tournies. Try to be erratic (zig zag) and treat the terrain as obstacles for ghosts (for example, rotating through office in laboratory instead of mid). Ghosts are also predictable. You need to learn what routes they often take and how long they get there; analyze their patterns and play off of that. Otherwise, you'll find yourself dying to the same person while camping the same spot round after round.

Take it from me, the best GR player in Ghost Mode
  • @equaliser users: I am not using this because this wont solve my problem when i never hear them....

I've played now several GM-Games and I can't get any better...im running around, dong some zick zacks but I always get killed suddently and I did not heared a sound and no im not running around on open field...even when im dead there is just no sound and my ears are so close to explode. I'm not a new Ghost Mode Player.. I play this game over 7 years now and I was good at Ghost Mode...but I never could beat Ghosts with breath down....I am trying alot but I cant get any better for some reason... Also on my opinion the coding is a bit stupid like...why is the breath completly gone when they bhop (on my case)? This is unfair... ._. this making me crazy and mad ._.
  • pHiLaToR9 wrote: »
    @equaliser users: I am not using this because this wont solve my problem when i never hear them....

I've played now several GM-Games and I can't get any better...im running around, dong some zick zacks but I always get killed suddently and I did not heared a sound and no im not running around on open field...even when im dead there is just no sound and my ears are so close to explode. I'm not a new Ghost Mode Player.. I play this game over 7 years now and I was good at Ghost Mode...but I never could beat Ghosts with breath down....I am trying alot but I cant get any better for some reason... Also on my opinion the coding is a bit stupid like...why is the breath completly gone when they bhop (on my case)? This is unfair... ._. this making me crazy and mad ._.

It could just be a skill thing honestly, maybe you need more practice with your reflexes and movements, or maybe you're versing people way out of your league. Zig zags aren't everything either, so long as your movements are unpredictable (and not tightly packed) you should be good. Another very important thing is, as a GR player, let the ghosts come to you. Don't go for kills, it's always the ghosts job to get frags, as a GR you should only hold spots to defend.
    @equaliser users: I am not using this because this wont solve my problem when i never hear them....

your sound card is probly just garbage if not try turning on "loudness equalization" (no not equalizer) itll probly solve your problem
  • lBanned wrote: »
    your sound card is probly just garbage if not try turning on "loudness equalization" (no not equalizer) itll probly solve your problem

as I said... I don't think a loudness equalization will solve my problem...
    as I said... I don't think a loudness equalization will solve my problem...

try thinking harder cause no one mentioned it yet dweeb

not hearing them before you die makes no sense then. youre just playing laggers or you yourself are doing something wrong
  • lBanned wrote: »
    try thinking harder cause no one mentioned it yet dweeb

not hearing them before you die makes no sense then. youre just playing laggers or you yourself are doing something wrong

but this is legit...im not hearing them before I die..mostly...maybe there is 1 death out of 10 where I could hear the ghost but I dont know...my ping is 27 so it's not me who is lagging