My MoTG Shoutout Thread

Motg isn't Motg unless I make a thread about it. And this year I have more of a reason because I finally broke that seemingly eternal 2nd place curse and won it.

I'd like to give a shout out to the following people/teams.

[GM]Triton, [MOD]Andrew and the rest of the staff: the main reason why the tournament was so successful was because of [GM]Triton. Was very open minded and even though there was a lot of hiccups with the thread up until today, his mindset made the difference. Also, [MOD]Andrew did a lot for the tournament behind the scenes so ty. I'm sure there were way more people (such as Kanadian Cinder Jessy) who did stuff behind the scenes and you know who you are so thanks.

My teammates

Aftercurse: Wouldn't have done it without him, that's a fact. Great team player and can also step and carry when the rest of the team is feeling out of it. you sound like a damn pterodactyl when you scream though you gotta chill with that.

Afterthought: For a perpetually drunk person you're one hell of a player. also ty anti cheat for not picking up macros amirite :^)

Aftereffect: One of the best players of the recent generations. Only player to ever win 2 March of the Ghost tournaments, especially back to back. Thanks for joining my team when we needed you. (more like you're welcome for letting you into my team)

Afterflow: Went from being known as the little brother of Ajay to being better than Ajay in every possible way(sry it's true). thanks for getting rid of that extra "weight" that was holding you back if you know what I mean.

Aftershock: Thanks for like... being on the team.

Nocturnal/Banned/ShieldSim/NA crier): I've played almost every single tourney to this day with you and it felt weird not playing this one with you. Sike thanks for dropping out of the team nerd we probably would've lost with you. You've been holding me back all these years. Frozenpizza 1 - 0 Banned lol lmao xPP

other players

Terryaki + flexaa: $$$$ siki diki coleworldi :(

SensibleMind: Thanks for boosting my ego by being salty and forcing us to BL AND GR in UK server so that we'd be laggy. It made it that much more satisfying when we destroyed you guys in your own server.

Wayne: Gz on 3rd place. go get your old setup back so you can be a god again.

Teams
SAS/Impalpable: Always been a fan of your team ever since I got into the GM competitive scene around 2013 and played scrims vs. you. Was fun playing vs. you guys and seeing old friends such as Indigo- and others playing again. Also Sparrow was a beast on GR.

Black Dunes: Jimmyology is a great player

DQed: sucks to suck

FlickShots: Don't know you guys that well but thanks for showing up and gg.

Exertus: Was hoping you guys would've done better but I guess your original s5 wasn't there making it much harder.

Pan[TH]erS: Easily the hardest match we played in the tourney, and we weren't expecting that. You guys played really well especially on BL and almost had me doubting myself when we played GR and kept losing rounds. Was a lot of fun playing vs. you guys.

Special Shoutout to my gf who let me go over to her house and play from there so I don't have to deal with my crappy internet at home. even though that was kind of useless cause the servers started lagging and I ended up with 77 ping instead of 10 so w.e.

Comments

• Knew this goon gonna ignore me. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ, OMG I was kicked beforeeee the tourney. RIGHT BEFORE. QQQQQQQQQQQ. Dont ban me pls this is not spam. Gratz on winning though Mr.Fro2enPi22a
  • Gotta love shoutout time at the end of these things. Overall I did like the way this tournament was ran, there was a schedule and it was stuck to. Any problems were dealt with as soon as possible and I am really grateful that the GM's took the time to run another tournament and did fix any issues that occurred in previous tournaments. So lets lay out this shoutout like my teammate.

Teammates:

FrozenPizza: I did say the moment I joined Aversion at the end of last year that I wanted to help you win the next major tourny, and I'm really glad you held me to my word. You convincing me to join your team was the reason I was able to celebrate a win again, thank you. I've said it once, and I'll say it again... you are honestly probably the best Ghost Mode player at this time, and having you on my team rather than against my team is really comforting.

Afterflow: I can't even find the right words to describe how I felt about playing with you on my team. You have gotten so good in such a short period of time, it kinda came out of nowhere. You know I always tooted my own horn saying that I was the definite future of this mode when all our oldies leave, but I think that torch actually belongs to you buddy. Every single time you needed to perform, you performed, it's very rare seeing players able to do that. Also watching you 4v1 several times on BL left me in awe, you are showing hints of being like a certain Brazilian legend that you may or may not know ;)

Aftercurse: Went from a selfish frag hunter to the biggest team player I have ever seen. Probably by far the most dedicated player on the Deliverance roster and it showed in your play. As per usual you had some chokes, but you didn't let that stay with you and you shook it off. One could debate you were the biggest reason we won the tournament today.

Afterthought: When you became the fifth player on our starting 5 I kinda knew it was over from there. Level headed player that keeps calm and knows what he has to do, and how to do it. I don't think I will ever not have fun playing with you. Thank you for being a huge part of the Ghost Mode community, helping keep it alive and running events throughout the year.

Other Players:

The Entire Pan[TH]erS Team: I'm sorry I bailed on you last moment there but it seems like you guys didn't even need me. You were by far the most challenging team to vs in the tournament which was honestly surprising to us. You could see the coordination between your players and could tell that you had to have practiced at least a little bit prior to this. Congratulations on getting second, good luck in future tournaments should you decide to attend.

Jimmyology: Before this tournament I only really knew you as a pubstar. So when we had to vs your team I was sure it would be an easy win with very little effort required. But you showed up and proved me very wrong my guy. You are actually an extremely talented player and any UK team that doesn't want to pick you up in future tournaments would be foolish.

SensibleMind: Gave us some expected disputing, but it wouldn't be a tournament without it. Kept things fun and interesting, so no hard feelings.

The Revital Crew: Wasn't prepared for you to do as well as you did, sooooo good job

Exertus Crew: Was really hoping that you were gonna make it all the way to the finals with us but with a new s5 things are bound to be a bit rough, especially if you weren't able to get ample practice in.

Crow: The DLVC fangirl, always having our backs in the discord, or on public chat, or wherever. Watching him trash talk the other trashtalkers is hilarious and you definitely added some personality to our team.
  • LawyerSim wrote: »
    SensibleMind: Thanks for boosting my ego by being salty and forcing us to BL AND GR in UK server so that we'd be laggy. It made it that much more satisfying when we destroyed you guys in your own server

well.. gratz for winning against us for the first time in a tournament ( in a clean way ) :c now i guess you can understand the feeling of being a winner and beat the hard teams in both servers like we used to do for years.. :D
  • Sucks that we got dqed this year, was really looking foward to playing one of the last MOTGs with you guys, won't be the same next year. Congrats to all of you guys for winning

- Terryaki
    Nocturnal/Banned/ShieldSim/NA crier): I've played almost every single tourney to this day with you and it felt weird not playing this one with you. Sike thanks for dropping out of the team nerd we probably would've lost with you. You've been holding me back all these years. Frozenpizza 1 - 0 Banned lol lmao xPP

lol yeah i have a tendency to join teams full of noobs and attempt to carry them. glad u finally got a solid team this year sorry i moved and was unable to join u brother if the prize was perm gun i mightve joined but i agree if i tried to play u wouldve lost XD btw its 1-1 i carried dlvc last time they saw any success which btw thank u for boosting my other clans popularity :)
  • It was fun. Glad you all had a good time. Congratulations to the winners ,well deserved =)
  • Happy to finally see some of you guys finally win your first tourny and congratz to those who are getting their repeats. Wish we would have been able to make it to the finals with you, but maybe next year. Thanks for the honorable mentions :P
  • Gotta give a shoutout to the only thing that kept me live during the tournament. My bb hardstyle! <3
  • The ghost mode forums have been very inactive lately, which has made me very sad and impatient, therefore I'd like to create a shout out post myself.
    Let's start off by giving a shout out to the lovely and amazing...

Mods Triton and Jessy!

The two of you did an exceptional and awesome job of keeping the tournament (after)flowing smoothly and properly. Like seriously, If it weren't for the two of you we would have never most likely had a March of the Ghosts tournament, because who cares about a dead mode that noobs and sprayers only play, right? I'm not too sure about who exactly helped with the event, but I'm thanking you guys because you two are the only ones I saw actually in the tournament channels coordinating everyone so... And it must've been hard dealing with all of the "ZP??", "I AM VIP" and the dreaded "HI GM :)" 's. Like I previously said, I'm not too sure on who exactly helped contribute towards getting this tournament in place, but whoever yall are did a fantastic jobs so give yourselves a pat on the back! ;) Thanks for making all of this possible.

I just got my tissues ready so without further ado, I'd like to give a shout out to everybody's favorite...

D E L I V E R A N C E B O Y S

FrozenPizza
    I'm starting with the handsome and talented FrozenPizza because he was the first one from Deliverance that I actually met (Not because you were the self proclaimed leader, jk bad excuse). Four years ago, I used to feel that you thought of me as trash, and when you picked me to be on your S5 I was honestly so flattered and shocked, so how could I reject? Not gonna lie though, I've been a big fan of you since 2013 when you joined GM4LYF on supFrozen :) You did an exceptional job of getting those picks this tournament, and if that wasn't your job then I don't know what it was because I hardly payed attention. One thing that stuck out to me was your metro clutch though, which had the team in shock not only because we doubted you, but because it was so well performed. Finally I'd just like to let you know man, if you ever want one of your peasants replaced, I'm just a button away ;)

Afterthought / Depado
    You went from being a macroing alt from Fallen, to someone I seriously respect. You did an incredible job in securing my safety this tournament, and you always stuck to your role. You always kept your cool, and you were someone that really hyped me up this tournament, especially from whenever Paul would say "Let's ____ go guys", and you'd repeat what he said twice as loud, and very sarcastically. On top of that, you dropping that 15 bomb on Pan[TH]erS was pretty damn amazing, and I hope we can play another tournament together so I can see you do that again 8^)

Aftercurse / Infernoplex
    You dropped a bomb this tournament my sweet prince, and I'm sure you're proud of yourself too. You dropped some hella crazy numbers, and you outshined me on my best map metro (which I'm unsure to if I'm actually happy or sad about that), but hey you did good man. You had some jaw-dropping clutch moments, and arguably did the best out of the four of us in the tournament. All this time people thought Pterodactyls were extinct actually, but you proved us wrong buddy. Hearing that amazing voice when someone made a clutch moment really made my day so much better, and I look forward to hearing that voice again soon bb. Also damn you're so garbage at Terraria smh how you gonna say you're better than me when you cant craft a damn anvil.

Aftereffect / MapleSyrup
    Man there's too much to say about you honestly. I really enjoyed the fact that I got to play with you because of how we used to pub stomp and wreak havoc on everyone, and that's exactly what we did again.(and it never gets old :^)) I never thought i'd play a tournament with you just because you'd always go with Ajay which made me think i'd never have a chance, but you proved me wrong this time buddy. You did a great job this tournament on both sides, almost always(exception being when you went 1-2 against our easiest team). Your hops were some Eddy level stuff, and you have the pinpoint of an Afterflow(or whoever you want this to be :)). You made everybody afraid i'm pretty sure, and i'm almost positive you had a hell of a time sweeping Sivo aside, gladly making him chuv it with a passion. I hope we can play again like this some day, I had a great time playing with you man.

I'm not done with my sentimental crap because i'd also like to give a shout-out to the following kiddos.
    Honorable Mentions

Terryaki,_flexfuego_and_flextaz(was_flextaz)
    Despite how everyone thinks I should feel, i'm really sorry for ditching you guys last minute dude. We had a plan to destroy everyone in this tournament, and me leaving last minute was a pretty selfish thing to do. I consider the three of you as close friends and I don't think something on that level should end just because of some tournament.

.*_]-Z[_*. or_however_you_spell_it
    Damn I owe you for teaching me how to play most of the maps we did ;)

Pan/color][color=#00AA9C]T[/color][color=#00A196]H[/color][color=#00988DerS
    You guys gave us one hell of a match this tournament, and I was super nervous that your clan would become a two time winner of March of the Ghosts haha. When you guys were on Black List, we got messed up pretty bad, and we were all starting to see that becoming second place was a possibility for us.

SAS
    I have mad respect for anyone that can play a clean game without complaints, and you guys did that flawlessly. High intensity gameplay was expected from you guys, and we absolutely were able to see some of that. I hope I can play against, or play with you guys, in a future tournament because I honestly had so much fun facing all of you. I honestly wish you guys would've fought for third place because I felt that you guys were entitled to zp :D

Also shout-outs to the following groups or people!
    Shout-out to :
    Reminder.(aka my mans haysus)
    Some dead clan gc (yall know who you are ;))
    Trash Dove™ (day 1 group chat)
    Crow (my official hypeman)
    Ukantach (my number 1 fan apparently)
    Grinch (for being proud of me and because I said i'd give you a shoutout)
    Mod Jessy (shouting you out again because you took the time to respond to my message today :))
    Oblivion (damn singh family famous for winning MOTG eh xd)
    orangepie99 (my sister who played cf once and was proud of me but i thought she was being sarcastic so)
    Pistol (moral support and good friend)
    AAAA_4031327 (hes a cool randie from beijing!)
    ahmedbob (great gm player but even better snd)
    thelordest (because u complimented me lol)
    Resiphorous (pro gm player, haven't seen him in awhile unfortunately)
    Lamb (lol)
    go_sam_go(y not)
    my haters (my haters)

This took me too long to make because while working on it, I crashed three times so I probably would've been done a long time ago. O well :)
  • FrozenPizza
    I'm starting with the handsome and talented FrozenPizza because he was the first one from Deliverance that I actually met (Not because you were the self proclaimed leader, jk bad excuse). Four years ago, I used to feel that you thought of me as trash, and when you picked me to be on your S5 I was honestly so flattered and shocked, so how could I reject? Not gonna lie though, I've been a big fan of you since 2013 when you joined GM4LYF on supFrozen :) You did an exceptional job of getting those picks this tournament, and if that wasn't your job then I don't know what it was because I hardly payed attention. One thing that stuck out to me was your metro clutch though, which had the team in shock not only because we doubted you, but because it was so well performed. Finally I'd just like to let you know man, if you ever want one of your peasants replaced, I'm just a button away ;)

so many backhanded compliments. Idk how to feel about this...

And dw you will always have a spot in my s5. playing with so called "legends" banned pinetree judgesim etc. = 2nd place but play with mingler = 1st?? clear choice m8

• Some dead clan gc (yall know who you are ;))
    realest people in this game
    Ah.Linhhhhhh (lexas sister lol)
    [/font][/B]
    Good to know :}
    AAAA_4031327 (hes a cool randie from beijing!)
    [/font][/B]
    ukant gets 1 less shoutout than me, (hold ur third L budd)

Honorable Mentions

Terryaki,_flexfuego_and_flextaz(was_flextaz)
    Despite how everyone thinks I should feel, i'm really sorry for ditching you guys last minute dude. We had a plan to destroy everyone in this tournament, and me leaving last minute was a pretty selfish thing to do. I consider the three of you as close friend and I don't thinks something on that level should end just because of some tournament.
    I'll hold a grudge against you for doing that :). I'd prefer playing with my homies than winning 2nd place.

MONEY TREES ISNT THE BEST PLACE FOR SHADE, fake fan.

Congratulations again to you and your team.
  • Crow (my official hypeman)
    ConsOrAlex wrote: »
    Crow: The DLVC fangirl, always having our backs in the discord, or on public chat, or wherever. Watching him trash talk the other trashtalkers is hilarious and you definitely added some personality to our team.

Always a pleasure hyping up my boys and then watching them pull through and win =] Congrats on the win, can't wait to see you play next year.
  • so many backhanded compliments. Idk how to feel about this...

And dw you will always have a spot in my s5. playing with so called "legends" banned pinetree judgesim etc. = 2nd place but play with mingler = 1st?? clear choice m8

I had so many backhanded compliments for everybody I shouted out LOL, sadly due to my post crashing several times I forgot all of them :( consider yourself the special one :)
    Motg

lol sick avatar bro!

Z8 should have given out the march of the ghost sprays to you guys for winning. sounds like this one was worthy of the spray because a lot of people signed up and played.
  • JudgeSim wrote: »
    lol sick avatar bro!

Z8 should have given out the march of the ghost sprays to you guys for winning. sounds like this one was worthy of the spray because a lot of people signed up and played.

Or a banner with our faces on it put in every GM map hhh
  • JudgeSim wrote: »
    lol sick avatar bro!

frozenpizza alt proooooooooooooooooooo
  • Sucks to get banned for "modified game files" a week before the tourney,ggez still salty
    snip

snip snip

Thanks to the both of you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to run MOTG and meet the community that is so passionate about GM in the process. [GM] Cinder, [Mod] Jessy and [Mod] Andrew were indispensable throughout the duration of the event. Jessy / Cinder were swapping between NA and UK servers with me, trying to answer questions and organize teams so we could keep things on schedule. Andrew was instrumental in helping us understand the player perspective in terms of map theory, rule set changes, and the like. It was a group effort that I'm very happy to have been part of. Thank you for recognizing the work we put in; it means alot!

As a new GM, MOTG imparted on me the strategy, mechanical skill, and precise spotting needed to be a top level Ghost Mode player. I went from (admittedly) not knowing much about it, to it being the mode I respect the most. I heard that the Ghost Mode community are a small but passionate bunch, and I definitely saw that throughout this entire process. You guys are quite cordial to each other, and there is a history and respect among you that I don't think most people realize.

Thanks for participating in MOTG and showcasing your talent in this unique mode to the rest of the community. Next year will be bigger and better. Hurrah for more GM appreciation!
  • [GM]Triton wrote: »
    Thanks to the both of you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to run MOTG and meet the community that is so passionate about GM in the process. [GM] Cinder, [Mod] Jessy and [Mod] Andrew were indispensable throughout the duration of the event. Jessy / Cinder were swapping between NA and UK servers with me, trying to answer questions and organize teams so we could keep things on schedule. Andrew was instrumental in helping us understand the player perspective in terms of map theory, rule set changes, and the like. It was a group effort that I'm very happy to have been part of. Thank you for recognizing the work we put in; it means alot!

As a new GM, MOTG imparted on me the strategy, mechanical skill, and precise spotting needed to be a top level Ghost Mode player. I went from (admittedly) not knowing much about it, to it being the mode I respect the most. I heard that the Ghost Mode community are a small but passionate bunch, and I definitely saw that throughout this entire process. You guys are quite cordial to each other, and there is a history and respect among you that I don't think most people realize.

Thanks for participating in MOTG and showcasing your talent in this unique mode to the rest of the community. Next year will be bigger and better. Hurrah for more GM appreciation!

This was awesome to read it's nice to have a GM who cares about the game mode. Also, my clanmate was wondering, are you still planning on making a montage with the MoTG replays?
  • This was awesome to read it's nice to have a GM who cares about the game mode. Also, my clanmate was wondering, are you still planning on making a montage with the MoTG replays?

Yeah, GM has grown on me (though tbh I'm still pretty scrub at it)

A montage was what I had in mind, as a user had reached out and expressed interest in creating one for the tournament. However, he hasn't been in contact with me since MOTG ended. I'm not sure on what the status of the video is, or if it will ever be released. In the meantime, if anyone from the GM community is interested in making a montage or knows someone that is, please PM me. I'd like to arrange a back-up plan.