ban redemption (mods plz read)

hi i my self have never been banned for hacking (thank you know who) but some of my friends have and i know for a fact they were not, ive watched them play in person but thats not the point the point I wish too bring out is this the replays your using too make these decisions are flawed there very undetailed for 1 if you use first person view it looks like they have no recoil. 2 the replay of kills 60%-70% of them the persons crosshairs are not even on the players.
and finally #3 you dont take in too account the persons personal stats i.e ping/fps/and audio card type (if its just simple sterio or if it supports 5-1 or 10-2 digital surround sound) cus that can make a major difference (since the game has a directional sound generator) so you cant accuratly know what there hearing seeing or or what strats there using....... my suggestion is b4 you outright ban them give them a chance to voice there side by sending there replays or even better there fraps cus they will tell the full truth (mainly if there chamming or wallhack/fullbright) this way you dont ban a lagit player by using faulty system....... i know its not your fault for this your working with what you have but its just an idea

well thank you for your time .....

p.s sorry about the punctuation....

Comments

• good idea but i highly doubt it would happen and i would only do that for all of the known players that get banned like -MungDip- lol
  • mungdip is the most obvious zp ***** hacker in the history of crossfire.
  • Moti0n wrote: »
    good idea but i highly doubt it would happen and i would only do that for all of the known players that get banned like -MungDip- lol

is that the motion i know that i was in d1 with
  • The replay system is not quite finished yet.
  • The replay system is not in a finished state and it is still being worked on.

back on topic: For the most part if a MOD or GM thinks someone is hacking... they are hacking but like most people MODs and GMs are HUMAN and make mistakes. If a person was accidentally banned they can easily fight the ban. There is an obvious reason that I would think was common sense to most people on why we can't take 3rd party video recording files. The files from lets say fraps can EASILY be tampered with....
  • [MOD]Icely wrote: »
    The replay system is not in a finished state and it is still being worked on.

back on topic: For the most part if a MOD or GM thinks someone is hacking... they are hacking but like most people MODs and GMs are HUMAN and make mistakes. If a person was accidentally banned they can easily fight the banned. There is an obvious reason that I would think was common sense to most people on why we can't take 3rd party video recording files. The files from lets say fraps can EASILY be tampered with....

this i understand any digital media can easily be tampered with (including the replays but thats off subject) ....... and he tryed fighting it but when he called they told him that they have proof and that he should just forget about that account and move on (too me thats unacceptable costumer service) and i under stand that but coulden't it be said that in the 1 of the required replays you must have 1 with the player list so you can see the pings so they can be taken in too account (though the uneducated will say that ping has no effect.)the reason i say this is because the replays are based on the users ping (or thats what i beleave after first testing this theory.

and please dont take this as an attack on you or any other mods/gm/ or cm's intelligence this is purly my prospective and if theres any thing at all you would like more elaboration on any points of my argument (i.e my testings) i would be more then happy too answer any questions id be more then happy too oblige..
  • [MOD]Icely wrote: »
    The replay system is not in a finished state and it is still being worked on.

back on topic: For the most part if a MOD or GM thinks someone is hacking... they are hacking but like most people MODs and GMs are HUMAN and make mistakes. If a person was accidentally banned they can easily fight the banned. There is an obvious reason that I would think was common sense to most people on why we can't take 3rd party video recording files. The files from lets say fraps can EASILY be tampered with....

i tried to fight this with no avail to my friend who got banned for being able to pinpoint ghosts too well =O
  • this i understand any digital media can easily be tampered with (including the replays but thats off subject) ....... and he tryed fighting it but when he called they told him that they have proof and that he should just forget about that account and move on (too me thats unacceptable costumer service) and i under stand that but coulden't it be said that in the 1 of the required replays you must have 1 with the player list so you can see the pings so they can be taken in too account (though the uneducated will say that ping has no effect.)the reason i say this is because the replays are based on the users ping (or thats what i beleave after first testing this theory.

and please dont take this as an attack on you or any other mods/gm/ or cm's intelligence this is purly my prospective and if theres any thing at all you would like more elaboration on any points of my argument (i.e my testings) i would be more then happy too answer any questions id be more then happy too oblige..

I see no difference in replays, the high pingers appear as low pinger in the replays from what I've seen so far.
  • this i understand any digital media can easily be tampered with (including the replays but thats off subject) ....... and he tryed fighting it but when he called they told him that they have proof and that he should just forget about that account and move on (too me thats unacceptable costumer service) and i under stand that but coulden't it be said that in the 1 of the required replays you must have 1 with the player list so you can see the pings so they can be taken in too account (though the uneducated will say that ping has no effect.)the reason i say this is because the replays are based on the users ping (or thats what i beleave after first testing this theory.

At least it someone competent posting this instead of the regular HUR DUR Z8Games are ****ing ***s.

In regards to replays when we watch them; if there is any doubt at all the player would go without a ban. IMO I would rather have people crying on the forums "I reported 10 hackers and only two were banned! Z8GAMES SUXZORS!" then 10 threads of "Z8GAMES *Slur of obscenities* ban for *obsceanitys* no reason!" But every once in awhile there are undue bans.
    Thats my two cents :)
  • _Sp4wn_ wrote: »
    I see no difference in replays, the high pingers appear as low pinger in the replays from what I've seen so far.

ive tested 4 diffren ping brackets 5-99 100-199 200-400 and 401 and up the diffrences were small but apparent at the same time.... for example the 100-200 showed them half clearing a wall but in the same match i looked on the 5-99 and they had just fully cleared the wall differences like that could potentaly couse a legit players ban thus why i suggested the screenshot with the showing the player list showing the pings. too really notice you have too run the replays on 2 seperate computers but like i said b4 these are my observations others may view it diffrently
  • ive tested 4 diffren ping brackets 5-99 100-199 200-400 and 401 and up the diffrences were small but apparent at the same time.... for example the 100-200 showed them half clearing a wall but in the same match i looked on the 5-99 and they had just fully cleared the wall differences like that could potentaly couse a legit players ban thus why i suggested the screenshot with the showing the player list showing the pings. too really notice you have too run the replays on 2 seperate computers but like i said b4 these are my observations others may view it diffrently

Really interesting, I might try it later.

Even though, that doesn't make a difference in GMs decision, IMO.
  • At least it someone competent posting this instead of the regular HUR DUR Z8Games are ****ing ***s.

In regards to replays when we watch them; if there is any doubt at all the player would go without a ban. IMO I would rather have people crying on the forums "I reported 10 hackers and only two were banned! Z8GAMES SUXZORS!" then 10 threads of "Z8GAMES *Slur of obscenities* ban for *obsceanitys* no reason!" But every once in awhile there are undue bans.
    Thats my two cents :)

well i thank you for you feed back its good too know that, if i may quote
    [MOD]Icely 'MODs and GMs are HUMAN and make mistakes." and they take in too account the
    feelings the of players there responsible for. though if i may make a suggestion witch may or may not lower the flames under the reporting procedure in a toe note say that reporting a hacker dose not mean that they are truly hacking and that just the report dose not in tittle a ban forth with... or something too that effect

the reason i say this is i know what its like too be in your positions. i have been a mod in '9 dragons,jade dynasty and shaiya all are mmo's so i know the work load your under

now too get a little off topic. i'd like too say that i've played a few matches agenst you and that you are a very talented player,"though alittle infuriating at times."
    and thank you for your complement on my competence. I greatly appreciate that

this is not true the people with lower pings see the people with higher pings first right?
    this is not true the people with lower pings see the people with higher pings first right?

I know that, but my statement was that there was no such difference of pings in the replays, but it seems that I might be wrong.
    I know that, but my statement was that there was no such difference of pings in the replays, but it seems that I might be wrong.

hmm idk i havent really paid attention because i reported like 5 people and none got banned so i figured i was being a noob and decided not to report anymore
    hmm idk i havent really paid attention because i reported like 5 people and none got banned so i figured i was being a noob and decided not to report anymore

well then this post wasent a waist of time. im happy that it may have at least 1 person could take something from this that may improve there outlook on the game and its staff.

Replays can't be tampered with because of there extension.
    No movie maker accepts them.
  • SlowMo wrote: »

Replays can't be tampered with because of there extension.
    No movie maker accepts them.

they can be tamperd with you just have too have the proper plug-ins applyed too your editing porgrams
  • they can be tamperd with you just have too have the proper plug-ins applyed too your editing porgrams

No they cannot be tampered with easily because they aren't actual video replays, the
    replays are dumps from the engine. What this means is that the replay files only take
    into consideriation certain aspects of the fight such as where everyone is, their gun angle
    and direction, if they are firing, what weapon the have out. Everything is determined by
    the clients engine and is no way a respresentation of a video file.

To edit it in such a way that you make someone look like they are chamming would prove
    to be nearly impossible even with the knowledge of the engine and source code used
    in crossfire. The closest thing that I've heard to actually editing the replay files is
    to change a persons name that is displayed (which I've heard has been fixed) however,
    this is why all replays have to also include a screenshot of whom is in game.

Even after all that to my knowledge, to get banned, you have to have been reported by
    "trusted individuals" (or mass amounts of reports from many people) with inconclusive
    evidence to get banned... There has to be without a doubt that someone is hacking :)

~Wrapper~
  • Wrapper wrote: »
    No they cannot be tampered with easily because they aren't actual video replays, the
    replays are dumps from the engine. What this means is that the replay files only take
    into consideriation certain aspects of the fight such as where everyone is, their gun angle
    and direction, if they are firing, what weapon the have out. Everything is determined by
    the clients engine and is no way a respresentation of a video file.

To edit it in such a way that you make someone look like they are chamming would prove
    to be nearly impossible even with the knowledge of the engine and source code used
    in crossfire. The closest thing that I've heard to actually editing the replay files is
    to change a persons name that is displayed (which I've heard has been fixed) however,
    this is why all replays have to also include a screenshot of whom is in game.

Even after all that to my knowledge, to get banned, you have to have been reported by
    "trusted individuals" (or mass amounts of reports from many people) with inconclusive
    evidence to get banned... There has to be without a doubt that someone is hacking :)

~Wrapper~
    .. or you could take an ACTUAL replay of a chammer, then edit the name via hex editor.
  • Valhades wrote: »
    .. or you could take an ACTUAL replay of a chammer, then edit the name via hex editor.

Please read my whole post thankyou

~Wrapper~
  • Valhades wrote: »

thank you very much my point exactly. and with the internet available anyone can do it by just downloading a tutorial only bad thing about your comment is now if any one reads it they could take the idea and use it too there own end and destroy ppls reputations

also even though they require 2 screenshots they can be forged even more easily then the replay all you need is a bit of photo editing skills
  • hi i my self have never been banned for hacking (thank you know who) but some of my friends have and i know for a fact they were not, ive watched them play in person but thats not the point the point I wish too bring out is this the replays your using too make these decisions are flawed there very undetailed for 1 if you use first person view it looks like they have no recoil. 2 the replay of kills 60%-70% of them the persons crosshairs are not even on the players.
    and finally #3 you dont take in too account the persons personal stats i.e ping/fps/and audio card type (if its just simple sterio or if it supports 5-1 or 10-2 digital surround sound) cus that can make a major difference (since the game has a directional sound generator) so you cant accuratly know what there hearing seeing or or what strats there using....... my suggestion is b4 you outright ban them give them a chance to voice there side by sending there replays or even better there fraps cus they will tell the full truth (mainly if there chamming or wallhack/fullbright) this way you dont ban a lagit player by using faulty system....... i know its not your fault for this your working with what you have but its just an idea

well thank you for your time .....

p.s sorry about the punctuation....

Indeed, your punctuation is horrible. Not even gonna read that.