QUESTION: How important is the *right* Mouse?

Since I saw this Deathadder/mamba thread, I am asking myself: How important is a mouse?
Are there huge differences between a cheap (15 Dollars) Mouse and one like this Deathadder?
Is the presicion of a Deathadder way better then the one of mine (like I said, some trashy thing)? Should I get a wireless one?

Since gaming is one of my hobbies and I try to get better and better at it, I think it could be worth it...Or am I wrong? What do you think? Please tell me...:)

Comments

• I would say yes.

You're only as good as your gear.
  • TheChosk wrote: »
    Since I saw this Deathadder/mamba thread, I am asking myself: How important is a mouse?
    Are there huge differences between a cheap (15 Dollars) Mouse and one like this Deathadder?
    Is the presicion of a Deathadder way better then the one of mine (like I said, some trashy thing)? Should I get a wireless one?

Since gaming is one of my hobbies and I try to get better and better at it, I think it could be worth it...Or am I wrong? What do you think? Please tell me...:)

it is actually REALY important i think...
    I've got a G5, and had just a simple microsoft mouse first.

the changes:
    1. Nice holding of the mouse, your hands will fit realy nice.
    2. DPI change (very usefull)

Those things actually affect your gameplay realy much :)
  • Not important, I have a crappy microsoft free mouse, and use a woodern surface (with ruts) and i still own. But, mice with the extra side buttons are helpfull.
  • im a low sensitivity gamer and after i bought razer in my opinion is a waste of money nothing special, just a fast mouse, to fast for my tastes, well i payed so i will use it even if i do or do not like it
  • I would stick to wired mice. There is a big difference in the cheap and expensive mice. Not always, though. Make sure you check out the specifications of each.

When I picked my mouse I had bought a cheap Logitech laser mouse and eventually borrowed a G5/Lachesis or whatever because it didn't solve problems from my original mouse.

I used a Dell cheapo at first, I loved it. Any new mouse I found couldn't match the CPI, so it felt weird and I didn't want to. My problem with the Dell was the frame rate blew ass, so I couldn't make quick movements with it, slow... steady... all the time, very boring. Another problem was all these mice I was buying and trying had crap lift distance.

Then I bought an Ikari Laser by Steelseries from eBay!

Had my doubts about a laser mouse, but I say I'll never have to buy another mouse again.

No more FPS problem with the mouse, no lift problem, no adjusting (it has CPI from 1-3200)

So when you're picking a new mouse, don't go for something that you need to radically adjust to.
  • CoralCaves wrote: »
    I would stick to wired mice. There is a big difference in the cheap and expensive mice. Not always, though. Make sure you check out the specifications of each.

When I picked my mouse I had bought a cheap Logitech laser mouse and eventually borrowed a G5/Lachesis or whatever because it didn't solve problems from my original mouse.

I used a Dell cheapo at first, I loved it. Any new mouse I found couldn't match the CPI, so it felt weird and I didn't want to. My problem with the Dell was the frame rate blew ass, so I couldn't make quick movements with it, slow... steady... all the time, very boring. Another problem was all these mice I was buying and trying had crap lift distance.

Then I bought an Ikari Laser by Steelseries from eBay!

Had my doubts about a laser mouse, but I say I'll never have to buy another mouse again.

No more FPS problem with the mouse, no lift problem, no adjusting (it has CPI from 1-3200)

So when you're picking a new mouse, don't go for something that you need to radically adjust to.

Thanks for your info!:-)
  • Not important for me. I use a free mouse that came with an old laptop. I can quick scope perfectly with it...the funny thing is my mouse randomly moves sharply once in a while ( like im aiming one place then it will randomly look up in the sky) but im still decent.

One time the random movement helped me get a kill lol
  • Sonatrix wrote: »

One time the random movement helped me get a kill lol

Everything has its up-and dowwnsites.:)
  • I've changed about 5 times already: Some died of old age, some were too slow and one I gave away.

Imo, Lazer > Ball.

I've used some horribly slow ball mice before and I'd say the mouse is pretty important if you're playing FPS's or other mmos. If your current mouse is fine and the speed is fine then there's no need to go out and buy a new one.
  • why would you play with something you're not comfortable with. For me its hard to change mouse brand. I bought 2 Logitech MX518 and been using the MX518 for 6-7 years in my gaming history.
  • I also use a Logitech mx518, its cheap, reliable, and i prefer optical over laser, just feels smoother on my mousemat.

I think its important to find a comfortable mouse if you play games alot. Although i had been playing with a microsoft mouse, i can play more relaxed with a better shaped mouse.

Also i agree with getting Wired for gaming, wireless keyboards are fine, i use a wireless bluetooth one and response time is perfect, but apparently wireless mice can have input lag.
  • I had logitech click and i switched to razer lachesis and wdf? the difference was awsome, but you will also need a decent mouse mat to use high profmance mouse properly, it mite take sometime, but the results are awesome.
  • Sonatrix wrote: »
    the funny thing is my mouse randomly moves sharply once in a while ( like im aiming one place then it will randomly look up in the sky)

Same here... got killed alot bcuz of that.
  • Well it isnt necessary to purchase high end gadgets to perform well because it doesnt define the player.

Storm can buy all the razer mice he wants, wont do him any good =P

I joke <3
  • Mmmm, a lot of you kids play at too high of a sens anyway.

Thing is, I had a crap microsoft mouse (Microsoft laser 6000) and it was all good when I was playing crazy high sens.

Once I lowered my sens, I had to start moving the mouse faster to turn around and stuff. A crap mouse like that has a "malfunction point" which basically means that "you're moving the mouse too fast for its sensor to keep up so its going to freak out and do what it wants"

So I bought a Razer, huge difference. You can adjust everything about how the mouse works, its amazing. It has made me a better player, no joke. For all of you who say "Oh I use a $10 mouse and a wood desk" I CHALLENGE you to go out and test out a Razer. Once you touch one you'll never want to go back to whatever crap you're using.
  • I prefer my crap mouse to the razer. ;)
    Bruce1nR wrote: »
    Mmmm, a lot of you kids play at too high of a sens anyway.

Thing is, I had a crap microsoft mouse (Microsoft laser 6000) and it was all good when I was playing crazy high sens.

Once I lowered my sens, I had to start moving the mouse faster to turn around and stuff. A crap mouse like that has a "malfunction point" which basically means that "you're moving the mouse too fast for its sensor to keep up so its going to freak out and do what it wants"

So I bought a Razer, huge difference. You can adjust everything about how the mouse works, its amazing. It has made me a better player, no joke. For all of you who say "Oh I use a $10 mouse and a wood desk" I CHALLENGE you to go out and test out a Razer. Once you touch one you'll never want to go back to whatever crap you're using.
  • Mmm, took me a week or so to switch over, but once I did the improvement was noticeable.
  • Bruce1nR wrote: »
    Mmm, took me a week or so to switch over, but once I did the improvement was noticeable.

After dpi / weight / mouse pad surface / lazer quality, the feel the mouse is the biggest difference. If you have at least an 800-1000dpi, most likely the difference you will get from a new mouse is minimal. Better to spend 10 bucks cleaning the lazer glass and getting a new mousepad.
  • You really need a good mouse, keyboard and more of it. I really hate my stupid mouse from 5 bucks -_-
  • Hmm...Thanks for your Feedback Guys.
    Since there are different opinions (as I exspected) I´m gonna think about what I do.
    Probably buy a *good* mouse then. Little and precise it should be.:)

Btw Delaco what is your Avatar about? I have no Idea actually...OO
  • TheChosk wrote: »
    Hmm...Thanks for your Feedback Guys.
    Since there are different opinions (as I exspected) I´m gonna think about what I do.
    Probably buy a *good* mouse then. Little and precise it should be.:)

Btw Delaco what is your Avatar about? I have no Idea actually...OO

I don't have any idea what it's about either. Better not to ask about these things ;)

Make sure not to spend too much on the mouse!
  • I have a Razer Lachesis on a Razer Destructor.

My old mouse was 600dpi, this Razer goes up to 4000 (only use 2000)

The size and the weight are perfect, I have rather large hands so I can just palm the whole mouse, instead of mostly using my fingertips like I did with the MS.
    I have a Razer Lachesis on a Razer Destructor.

My old mouse was 600dpi, this Razer goes up to 4000 (only use 2000)

The size and the weight are perfect, I have rather large hands so I can just palm the whole mouse, instead of mostly using my fingertips like I did with the MS.
    Does it also exist in smaller Versions?
    I mean who would have thought of it, but my hands are pretty small...:-I
  • Edit on my previous post.

Its not that i dont WANT to use a razer, but my financial status wont allow me to do so. (Zp crates <3)
  • eZyKillQQ wrote: »
    Edit on my previous post.

Its not that i dont WANT to use a razer, but my financial status wont allow me to do so. (Zp crates <3)

I lol´d.:D
  • Razer makes a bunch of different mice for all sizes and grips.
    Razer makes a bunch of different mice for all sizes and grips.

How do they say how big it is?
    Is XXL like for Big Hands? OO
    I´m kinda disorientated...