Quickscope

Quickscope (Noun): ...

Someone please define what a quickscope is.

Please tell me how to perform a quickscope.

Where is the best place to practice quickscoping.

I use an AWM, if that matters.

Please help :). Thanks!!

Comments

• called fastscope/ing not quick but i hate snipers and sniping :D
  • A technique of aiming with a sniper rifle that was born in the CounterStrike franchise. The idea is to position your opponent in the middle of your screen and then proceed to shoot your sniper rifle just as your character brings the scope up to their view, hence a "quickscope". The advantage being that your accuracy is not affected by sway and is much more reliable than a no scope.

steps
    When you see an enemy, center your screen on them and press mouse2 then mouse1 in very quick succession (nearly simultaneously).

Immediately after firing your AWM shot, hit "weapon switch" to quickly switch your weapon to your pistol.

Proceed to fight with pistol or switch back to your AWM and repeat from step 2 until enemy is dead.
  • Quick scoping is when you scope and shoot at the same time.

The advantage is that you don't have to be waiting or walking around scoped in, you just shoot.

Its fluid.
  • Walking around with your awm so you don't limit your sight.
    enemy pops up, scope and shoot really fast. its kinda like no scoping but more accurate.
    make sure you click QQ or else after you reload it'll go back into zoom mode.

i practice my sniping skills in GM (have to be quick with a knife + high chances of being called a hacker) or west coast where most the pros hang
  • quickscoping was not born in CS lol... pretty much you jump out and scope once or twice and once you land on your feet you shoot(you need aim of course). right after you hear the sniper shoot click Q twice to switch back to the sniper. this allows for fast and accurate shooting as well as less delay time between your sniper shots.