Steel Series Siberia V2 Guide

This headset has been getting popular lately and i get a lot of people asking me for ghost mode settings. i can point people here instead of explaining things over and over.

2zi57ba.png make yours look like this. or you can read why and decide for yourself.

system input: 8CH - it's another way of saying 7.1 surround sound. you might hear people telling you crossfire doesn't support it, but there's a noticeable difference when you turn it on and off. ignore the options 4ch and 6ch. they don't seem to change anything. 8ch just makes it easier to tell where ghosts are at. 2ch hears breath louder but more tricky to pinpoint. maybe i'd recommend 2ch if you are against ZP melee with BD and you have a silent gun and extra mag. you'll hear better, you'll just need to spray more to find the ghost. i prefer 8ch for precision.

DSP mode: on - first turn it off then where it says output device, click the speaker then turn both bars all the way up (12db) now turn dsp on again. where it says shifter, keep clicking the + sign until the speakers are in as fast as they go. (+4db) it just makes things louder.

7.1 virtual speaker shifter: on - applies what i said above.

analog output: - headphone

2w24jyf.png

envirement size: small

make your EQ look like that. there's a couple options you could do. the first bar doesn't effect breath at all, so you can move it way up or way down. whatever sounds good to you. also you could also try 500 bar way up but i prefer down.

the environment options are just different kinds of echos. i don't bother with them.

put a name and click '+' to save your EQ

FAQ:

0) i don't have a siberia v2, but can i use this EQ for my own headset?

you could try it. but every sound card is different. it may not be the best for you. i've had some that need all bars up highest, and some that are best without EQ. the best way to find a good setting for you is by doing it yourself. get a friend to stay still while you alt tab and adjust EQ. this one is meant for siberia v2 users.

1) where do i buy these?

future shop or you can order them online from the steel series website. http://shop.steelseries.com/us/audio/steelseries-siberia-v2-full-size-usb-headset.html

make sure you get the one WITH the usb soundcard

2) are they the best headset for GM?

i don't know. i only had a few headsets but there's dozens and dozens of them. they are the best i've had so far though.

3) i'm a little nervous about sinking 100+$ into something i know nothing about. could you help convince me?

they hear breath at max range and it's loud. pinpointing takes practice but it gets easier. some other players that use them were Bback and whoisami who inspired me to get them after watching them GR. As long as you're smart positionally, they will give you every chance to win. but like i said before, i have no clue if they are the best and i'm not even recommending them. just trying to help out people that do have them.

4) i bought them and it sounds weird.

yeah they do at first. you'll be way off on pinpointing too most likely. you just have to stick with it and practice. you'll get used to it.

5) i don't GM, are these still worth it?

not really. they aren't terrible for other things but there are cheaper alternatives. you don't really need special settings for snd/tdm and they are just average for music.

6) other features?

they are light weight, comes with mic, they look flimsy but are very durable. i sat on them more than a few times and dropped them a million times. they are just so light and well designed, it has no effect. they are comfy for long periods of time but it doesn't drown outside noise very well. i'm still on my first pair.

7) do you still use these?

other than testing settings, i haven't used them since 13 months ago (talons tournament). i still have them and would use them for big GM events. i just been using audio technica ath-m50 headphones because they just sound crazy good for music and other games i play. too lazy to unplug them then plug in v2 just for a game of CF>GM>GR.

8) if i'm running at a ghost, and he's hopping at me full speed, will i hear him?

not before you're dead or at least swung at. no headset can prevent that as long as crossfire is online (unless you abuse the breath bug which is ban-able). it's a delay thing. MAYBE if you both have a REALLY low ping and cat reflexes.

any questions about anything feel free to ask.

Comments