Tourney Questions

Glitches.. Bomb Glitch = Auto D/Q?

Also In Black Widow, In A Site, When You Crouch On The Stairs You Are "Invisible". Is This Considered A Glitch? Also If Anyone Knows Any Other Glitches (Other Than Going Outside Of Map/Bomb Glitches) Post Here To Ask If They Will Be Legal Or Not.

Comments

• aSnipe wrote: »
    Glitches.. Bomb Glitch = Auto D/Q?

Also In Black Widow, In A Site, When You Crouch On The Stairs You Are "Invisible". Is This Considered A Glitch? Also If Anyone Knows Any Other Glitches (Other Than Going Outside Of Map/Bomb Glitches) Post Here To Ask If They Will Be Legal Or Not.

I really do not like that A glitch.
  • you better no glitch, u will ruin it for your self and clan. waste of zp if you do.. :P
  • They patched that now actually. You can see their head now.
  • idiocracy ftl... America... where have you taken these kids to in the board of education??? FAIL!
  • We've tried to fix some of the popular and well known glitches this week before the tournament.

Bomb Glitches will not be tolerated and game glitches (pushing through walls etc). Abusing a glitch within the game is a violation of the terms and can result in D/Q from the tournament. I will add this clause to the rules to make that even more clear.

Disconnects are listed in the rules. If a player disconnects at any time during the match the match must be REPLAYED IN ITS ENTIRETY. However if a player disconnects in any replayed match then the match must be played out in full regardless of the situation.

We will be working on increasing the stability of the clan server and hope that it shouldn't pose a problem when the tournament is running. This is also why we are giving clans 30 minutes of leeway time from the agreed upon match time with their opponents. (as this can account for simple solutions like having to reconnect, or restart your computer or reinstall the game).
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    Disconnects are listed in the rules. If a player disconnects at any time during the match the match must be REPLAYED IN ITS ENTIRETY..

Are we really given a free ticket? About to lose a match, ask one of your players to leave so you can re-match and perhaps, develop counters to their strats. ^__^
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    We've tried to fix some of the popular and well known glitches this week before the tournament.

Bomb Glitches will not be tolerated and game glitches (pushing through walls etc). Abusing a glitch within the game is a violation of the terms and can result in D/Q from the tournament. I will add this clause to the rules to make that even more clear.

Disconnects are listed in the rules. If a player disconnects at any time during the match the match must be REPLAYED IN ITS ENTIRETY. However if a player disconnects in any replayed match then the match must be played out in full regardless of the situation.

We will be working on increasing the stability of the clan server and hope that it shouldn't pose a problem when the tournament is running. This is also why we are giving clans 30 minutes of leeway time from the agreed upon match time with their opponents. (as this can account for simple solutions like having to reconnect, or restart your computer or reinstall the game).
    So if my team is winning, and 1 of the other team Disconnects (could be at purpose) do we started all over? cuz then that wont be fair...
  • Disconnects are listed in the rules. If a player disconnects at any time during the match the match must be REPLAYED IN ITS ENTIRETY. However if a player disconnects in any replayed match then the match must be played out in full regardless of the situation.

Okay, so they just won their 10th, someone d/c so we can try again....

That rule should be change to if the winning team has someone disconnect, the game should be played over. Losing team just uses that as a second chance.
  • KidArchy2 wrote: »
    Okay, so they just won their 10th, someone d/c so we can try again....

That rule should be change to if the winning team has someone disconnect, the game should be played over. Losing team just uses that as a second chance.

Wow this should really be considered. If one team is winning and the other team dc's they have to play all over again. This will be abused way too much. Something needs to be changed.
  • yeah thats a really bad idea almost everybody gone abuse that , they loose one leave the game and they have a second chance .... thats a bad idea
  • The ONLY solution to the problem is to tell people to finish the match regardless of disconnects.

So if your team is winning and you lose a player and lose the match you will be out of luck.

For as many times as someone will complain about one side, we will receive the equal amount of complaints for the other side.
  • If the general consensus is such that accommodating for peoples connections/instability will allow too much of an exploitable situation then we will have to be more harsh and disallow the chance for matches to be replayed.
  • In big esport leagues/tournaments, the rule were to have that player or a sub to simply reconnect while the game still progress. Now I understand that is not possible because you want us to use beta clan server over regular ones..
  • It would be incredibly dumb if you make us use the beta server. People disconnect and thanks to your server glitches we have to pay for it? Nice.

I'd rather use Delta server anyday.
  • In big esport leagues/tournaments, the rule were to have that player or a sub to simply reconnect while the game still progress. Now I understand that is not possible because you want us to use beta clan server over regular ones..

And because of that we may have to amend the rule and state that matches will have to be played regardless of disconnects.

And then learn from this and perhaps upgrade the servers/game to the point where people may be able to come in to a game already in progress on the clan server.

With upgrades to the server we probably wouldn't need to have some sort of extra accommodation for people who randomly disconnect. A more stable server will create a better playable tournament.

We have to work within the limits of what we have. The tournament will run on the clan server (and we hope to have a new fix in that will make it even more stable). So we will probably have to remove this disconnect accommodation. We'll have to wait until Monday for that to work itself out though because of this potential fix.

Always be sure to keep up with any rule changes between now and October 1st. It is our goal to change the rules as LITTLE as possible, but if things need to be changed for the better of the tournament then we will. I think we can all agree that having that positive attitude is a good start.
  • I think (know) the disconnect thing is going to be abused.

I don't know why the games have to be played on the clan server. You've answered a lot of questions in the thread, how about that one?

Most of the competitive community chooses to play on delta server so we don't have to deal with the crap from the clan one. We all know how to set it up (12 man room, 1st person view, 9 rounds) and are more than able to switch sides at the half like we're supposed to.

Personally I like the whole "first team to 9 rounds" thing. Its very exciting for the score to be 8 - 5 in their favor and you win out and take the half.
  • The game has to be run on the Clan Server because that is what it is designed for.

We understand that there may be some issues with it, we hope to have a fix in very soon.

There still may be some stability issues which is why the original rule for accommodating this is put in place however we will be changing the rule [read: removing the rule] because it is too abuseable.
  • disconnects

my questions is this we play first 9 and the disconnect happens can we just replay from after switch or whole thing?i ussually get a disconnect when host starts round before every 1 out of first round.if cant replay i think that will be issue to
  • Because it is too easy to abuse any "redo" of any match due to a disconnect the entire match will have to be played out in its entirety.

That means no, you can not recreate the match even if the player disconnects while the game is switching teams.
  • Dont worry guys z8games got everything they need