why can't all CF versions be the same

Comments

• I prefer a variety than all same... because if you hate the Barretts in CFCN you'll hate it everywhere... this is why I love CFNA.. no Barretts (that's just an example)
  • iPHiLCF wrote: »
    I prefer a variety than all same... because if you hate the Barretts in CFCN you'll hate it everywhere... this is why I love CFNA.. no Barretts (that's just an example)

why do u hate Barretts?

Barrett isn't that much better than AWM. In TDM most snipers prefer AWM. Barrett is more useful in SND.
    In CFCN it's the chaos. You respawn as mutant 2sec after you die by 1 shot of Barrett... btw, even in other modes you go behind a wood wall and you can't do anything he shot through and you die in 1 shot.. that's sucks

EDIT: I prefer a variety, we can explore the content of each version and their new content :)

AWM has wallbang too, not sure if it is full wallbang?

Is Barrett 1 shot kill to the mutant?
  • Stop discussing the Barret or you'll close the thread.

OT: Who cares about other versions? Just play whichever you prefer.
    AWM is not full wallbang.
    And the Barrett can kill a mutant in 1 shot.

I checked on youtube gameplay. It is not 1 shot kill on mutants. It does 3 gold coins each shot on body, maybe double that on head, still not 1 shot kill on a 100% health mutant.
  • Tecumtha wrote: »
    I checked on youtube gameplay. It is not 1 shot kill on mutants. It does 3 gold coins each shot on body, maybe double that on head, still not 1 shot kill on a 100% health mutant.
    Wont talk of it anymore.
  • If you don't like the NA version, you can simply go to other version of CF.
  • cf
    Sh4dShot wrote: »
    If you don't like the NA version, you can simply go to other version of CF.

nope most of the cf versions wont let you play there version if u are not in there area
  • Sh4dShot wrote: »

did i say i dont like the NA version. what else do u want to say.
  • Sh4dShot wrote: »

...Why would someone who lives in the game region want to play in a region that they'd lag their asses off in? We'd be no better then the Brazilians who play our version at that point...

The reason why the versions are different is to attempt to boost profits due to regional factors like player retention rates / other competing games.
    COD and the other major console games get massive amounts of N.A. players...CF has to compete with THAT in this region...they DON'T have the compete on the same level in regions like CN or PH...they get more content, while we get cheap but rigged crates and reskins...
  • ddump wrote: »
    ...why would someone who lives in the game region want to play in a region that they'd lag their asses off in? We'd be no better then the brazilians who play our version at that point...

The reason why the versions are different is to attempt to boost profits due to regional factors like player retention rates / other competing games.
    Cod and the other major console games get massive amounts of n.a. Players...cf has to compete with that in this region...they don't have the compete on the same level in regions like cn or ph...they get more content, while we get cheap but rigged crates and reskins...

i wonder if Z8 has to pay for what they receive from the dev. That will make sense because they can save money by not having some guns or maps.
  • I'm dead serious on that BR's have a BR server and being allowed to play here because every damn game makes the N.A. versions "Global" because it's cheaper that way and they'd need make little to no money hosting a U.S. server versus having a version with North and South America to fill in the gaps...
    Tecumtha wrote: »
    i wonder if Z8 has to pay for what they receive from the dev. That will make sense because they can save money by not having some guns or maps.

A different game I played worked like that...but then the real question would be : How much are they being charged for content if they DO have to pay? Not NEARLY as much as they make in profit...and they DO have to pay every year to keep the rights to host the game.

Well, it's not like the other versions have too many different game modes then we do.

Moderator Note:

Please do not double post. Either use the multi-quote system if you are looking to quote multiple people, or edit your thread if you have something more to say.
  • The main reason the versions are so different in terms of content and the specifics of the content is because the amount of time between each. They have all been developed at a different time than the other and therefore can have many differences.

When you have one version of the game, you learn that you could have done differently to appeal more to the player than what you had originally done or just to better suite the game itself. That's where some minor changes come into play.

Not only that, but different teams within SmileGate work on specific versions, when it comes down to the specifics of an item, they might change it a bit to what they think will better suite the specific version. The publishers as well have that same effect. If they don't like how something exists, or how it is, they'll tell the development team and if it comes to agreement, it will be changed.

One of the main reasons the prices and ways to achieve certain items and weapons are different however are due to the versions being for specific areas. Each area of the world has a different marketplace when it comes to the video game industry and that is where some big changes come into play. Some things that are done in a specific version of the game just will not work in another area of the world where their target demographic is the people who live there. The way they are willing to buy things are different and therefore there have to be changes in the way that certain items and weapons are sold.

The easiest example I can give you is an out of game one. For example, Japan currently has a large community that buys the 3DS, this in result causes many Japanese game developers to actually develop some games for 3Ds strictly, or first, while many people in North America actually don't prefer the 3DS, they want the game for Xbox, PS3, or PC.

It's the same essentially when it comes to CrossFire, each version needs to be catered to it's specific area if it is to survive.

DDump wrote: »
    I'm dead serious on that BR's have a BR server and being allowed to play here because every damn game makes the N.A. versions "Global" because it's cheaper that way and they'd need make little to no money hosting a U.S. server versus having a version with North and South America to fill in the gaps...

This version of the game, N.A & UK, is not an open global server. With IP restrictions not to long ago put in place, people who were previously on this server were allowed to stay, however new accounts had to be made on the proper version for their specific region. This being said, certain areas were kept open due to not having an official region to play on. In specific to South America, G4Box holds that license as well, so while they host both servers, they at this time are not blocked because they do not see a current necessity to. North America can play on the South American client, and South America can play on the North American client.

It's not a question of being more cheap, they pay for the specific service for both areas, if they were being cheap, then it would definitely be blocked off because then they would get more worth out of paying for the South American service because then South Americans would be only on that server if they wanted to play.
  • DDump wrote: »
    A different game I played worked like that...but then the real question would be : How much are they being charged for content if they DO have to pay? Not NEARLY as much as they make in profit...and they DO have to pay every year to keep the rights to host the game.

Well, it's not like the other versions have too many different game modes then we do.

the modes are the same but if some guns and maps are deemed too expensive by Z8 then CFNA might not get them.