AWM / Sniping totally out of proportion

1235»

Comments

• Frecklez wrote: »
    This discussion is over, BadMonkey. We're not going to continue doing this endlessly dancing around in circles with you anymore. We are not going to point out where you were wrong YET AGAIN, for we have done that already on several occasions, and we grow tired of doing it over and over again and have you just ignore it. You have lost. Accept it and move on.
    he never gonna move on. kids never. also he said we never point out what he did wrong right?
    what did i do a few posts ago? showed what he did wrong.
    badmonkey say you cant insult me you dont have the right to do it. yet badmonkey do it all the time to everyone else. how do that make sense?
    would be a really good think if he would be gonna of the forum.
  • I had fun reading this. Oh yea, OP deserves an infraction.
  • suiles wrote: »
    oh well you think we gonna go back and look what you all did that was wrong?

Why not? I do it too. You guys just don't go back because you know that I didn't do anything bad.
    suiles wrote: »
    you insult alot of people but then some random person say your stupid and you feel insulted while you say that to everyone like all the time.

When people insult me I insult them back. I didn't start this.

This was my first post in this thread

If you really think that the AWM is overpowered then play with it on a tdm match like Egypt or Ship. Since the weapon is overpowered you should easily be ace.

Post a screenshot please.

post 40

Tell me, where did I insult someone? I just said that I don't think that the awm is overpowered.

this was my second post

I have played a lot of games and rifles are better in most of the cases. Halo is the only game in which the sniper rifle is better then any other gun.

Players with one hit snipers might get a good score, they may be in the top 5 of their team but they are never the best. Those snipers make only one shot and then you have to wait for you second shot, this means other players have time to kill the sniper. Once you know the position of the sniper you can easily kill him and if the map is small then it is even easier because his vision is limited.

Just watch some of the counter strike pro's, they all play with pistols or rifles but there are almost no players who use a sniper rifle. Crossfire is basically the same as counter strike.

If you or any other player things otherwise then show a prove.

Tell me, where did I insult someone? post 45

this was my third post: post 47

read it and tell me, where did I do something wrong? I didn't insult anyone.
    so there you allready have prove of it.
    also about that
    'Quote:
    Originally Posted by suiles
    and the fact that you post a pic thats huge you allready did it befor and there is no reason to post that see why you make no sense?

Your sentence makes no sense. One does not have to speak english perfect but you should at least try to make it understandable.'
    it dont make any sense to post that pic it dont got to do anything with this whole thread....

It makes sense to our off topic conversation that you guys started.
    also you wanna stop about this topic because its about you and how stupid you are.

No but because I want to stay on topic and that's the rules of the forum.
    you even go look up other post just so you could insult someone that said your stupid when hes right.

I didn't look it up, I was subscribed to that thread. If someone makes a stupid post like that he has no right to insult other people.

by the way, this is his post:

Yeah dude you brought evolution into a video game you are a complete nerd. Yeah and evolution has nothing to do with awm being op idiot. Sad sad sad. *sigh* facepalm

Tell me, where is he right? The whole evolution thing was just an example. I never said that the evolution is part of the awm being overpowered. If he can'ts understand that he is just stupid.
    Frecklez wrote: »
    We are not going to point out where you were wrong YET AGAIN

You and others haven't even done that for once.

But it is good to hear that you are going out of this place.
    badmonkey say you cant insult me you dont have the right to do it. yet badmonkey do it all the time to everyone else.

As I showed it to you, I didn't start the attacks. If you read my first posts in this thread you will see that I didn't insulted anyone. I just attacked back after people insulted me.
    would be a really good think if he would be gonna of the forum

It would be a good thing if you and your friends go out of this forum. I am the one who tries to stay on topic but you just keep this whole thing up.

I will try it once again, let's stop this and continue the thread were we stopped.
  • I will say it again, If I made a mistake, then direct me to it. Show me the post where I did something wrong.

1) Off-topic Responses
    2) Directly Insulting other users
    3) Swearing
    4) Mocked someone's sex life

Sorry I'm a little too lazy to be inclined to quote directly on each rule breaking offence.

Don't make me actually point out to the admin team the exact amount of infractions you all need. Keep on topic.

On topic itself : An awm is just as useful as an Rifle. In the right position you can be useful. I never had any issues keeping 1 awm player on the team, in many maps you can play picks effectively (Middle/Long A on port for example).
  • Delaco1 wrote: »
    1) Off-topic Responses

Ohh I see. It was my fault to respond to an Off-topic reply but it isn't wrong to make an off-topic reply.

I just answered to an already off-topic reply but I still said in that post to go back on topic.

Delaco1 wrote: »
    2) Directly Insulting other users

If you read my first posts you will see that I didn't insult anyone. If you don't want to go back then just read a little bit above, in post 125 I repeated it.

I didn't insult anyone until I got insulted.
    3) Swearing

Well, same as above, I started with it after people insulted me.
    4) Mocked someone's sex life

Well I made a normal conversation. I didn't insulted anyone and out of nowhere this user says that I am full of sh*t. The mocking was just a respond to that.

Well yes you are right I made some mistakes but those were only responds to other mistakes.

Don't make me actually point out to the admin team the exact amount of infractions you all need. Keep on topic.

Why not? I wouldn't mind it. I tried to get some moderators in here too but they just ignored me. I wouldn't mind getting banned, I don't care about my post count, I can just create a new account.

An awm is just as useful as an Rifle. In the right position you can be useful. I never had any issues keeping 1 awm player on the team, in many maps you can play picks effectively (Middle/Long A on port for example).

So you are saying that the awm is not overpowered?

Well I think the awm is not overpowered because it is just useful in long ranges, in small maps it is just trash.
  • Ohh I see. It was my fault to respond to an Off-topic reply but it isn't wrong to make an off-topic reply.

I just answered to an already off-topic reply but I still said in that post to go back on topic.

being a bigger person. it works

If you read my first posts you will see that I didn't insult anyone. If you don't want to go back then just read a little bit above, in post 125 I repeated it. I didn't insult anyone until I got insulted.

Well I made a normal conversation. I didn't insulted anyone and out of nowhere this user says that I am full of sh*t. The mocking was just a respond to that.

Well yes you are right I made some mistakes but those were only responds to other mistakes.

being a bigger person. it works

Why not? I wouldn't mind it. I tried to get some moderators in here too but they just ignored me. I wouldn't mind getting banned, I don't care about my post count, I can just create a new account.

I'm a former moderator. They can also see your IP.

So you are saying that the awm is not overpowered?

Well I think the awm is not overpowered because it is just useful in long ranges, in small maps it is just trash.

Works good in smaller maps as well. Fast reaction time & proper positioning make all the difference. I've used an awm down bananna on inferno many times in 1.6. I've used an awm down the middle in Mexico in crossfire. There are hundreds of high level players in 1.6 and crossfire that use awm's effectively. It's less prevelant in crossfire because people simply are not as good as 1.6 players and prefer the rifles with the ability to make multiple bursts.

Text to make a long post. long
    I'm a former moderator. They can also see your IP.

I am a former moderator too, I was also the admin of a forum and I know how this works.

First off all I can change my IP but it isn't necessary because they don't care if you come back or not. They are actually I few members who did this.
    Works good in smaller maps as well. Fast reaction time & proper positioning make all the difference.

I never doubt that, but the thing is you have a slow fire rate. When 3 or 4 people walk towards you it is almost impossible to kill all of them.

It's not impossible but it is hard.

When I have my ak i just hide behind the box, I come out make one shot to the head and then hide again, I come out again and make another shot but only single shots to the head. This way I can kill 3 enemies alone.

But this is not that easy with a awm. Because when someone hits you, you flinch and your bullet flies into a complete different direction.
    I've used an awm down bananna on inferno many times in 1.6. I've used an awm down the middle in Mexico in crossfire. There are hundreds of high level players in 1.6 and crossfire that use awm's effectively. It's less prevelant in crossfire because people simply are not as good as 1.6 players and prefer the rifles with the ability to make multiple bursts.

Okay nice, I believe you but don't you think that it is hard to kill 3 enemies with a awm?

Now this is the situation, the guy behind the box has the awm

7SyCO.png

others have random weapons like m4 or ak.

Now when you come out you might kill one of them, but at least 1 of the other two remaining will hit you and probably kill you.

I don't say that the awm is underpowered, but I think in this situation it is total trash.
  • I am a former moderator too, I was also the admin of a forum and I know how this works.
    First off all I can change my IP but it isn't necessary because they don't care if you come back or not. They are actually I few members who did this.

I made sure to go after repeat offenders when they exposed themselves. If they acted fine and I could not detect them, then oh well

I never doubt that, but the thing is you have a slow fire rate. When 3 or 4 people walk towards you it is almost impossible to kill all of them. It's not impossible but it is hard. When I have my ak i just hide behind the box, I come out make one shot to the head and then hide again, I come out again and make another shot but only single shots to the head. This way I can kill 3 enemies alone.But this is not that easy with a awm. Because when someone hits you, you flinch and your bullet flies into a complete different direction.

People can quickscope just as fast as you can tap your ak/m4. With the added bonus of just aiming for the body.

Okay nice, I believe you but don't you think that it is hard to kill 3 enemies with a awm?Now this is the situation, the guy behind the box has the awm others have random weapons like m4 or ak. Now when you come out you might kill one of them, but at least 1 of the other two remaining will hit you and probably kill you.I don't say that the awm is underpowered, but I think in this situation it is total trash.

Every gun is bad in specific situations. However, the awm is special in that anything too close is also too close to not be within DE headshot range. Simply quick/noscope one enemy, DE the other two.

But of course, no good awm player would ever position themselves like that. It happens on occasion, but the smart player doesn't ever get caught. And I do preface my arguments with the fact that I'm at best a midlevel sniper. I've always been exclusively an rifle player barring the times when an AWM was beneficial for specific maps.
    People can quickscope just as fast as you can tap your ak/m4. With the added bonus of just aiming for the body.

Yes, this is the only logical thing to do in that situation but keep in mind that not everybody can quickscope. Also he can't quickscope as fast as I can shot with my assualt rifle, he has to make two mouse clicks to shot while I need only one and when I hit him he will flinch and his shot will miss me.

By the way, is it really that hard to aim for the head? am I the only one that always aim's for the head?

but even if he hits me, there are still two other enemies
    Every gun is bad in specific situations. However, the awm is special in that anything too close is also too close to not be within DE headshot range. Simply quick/noscope one enemy, DE the other two.

and you think you can qs one enemy and kill the two other enemies with your de without them killing you? If we assume that all 4 players have equal skills.

I will be honest, I think I couldn't handle that situation.
  • Yes, this is the only logical thing to do in that situation but keep in mind that not everybody can quickscope. Also he can't quickscope as fast as I can shot with my assualt rifle, he has to make two mouse clicks to shot while I need only one and when I hit him he will flinch and his shot will miss me.

By the way, is it really that hard to aim for the head? am I the only one that always aim's for the head?

but even if he hits me, there are still two other enemies

and you think you can qs one enemy and kill the two other enemies with your de without them killing you? If we assume that all 4 players have equal skills.

I will be honest, I think I couldn't handle that situation.

This argument is more of a "subjective" debate. Youtube amazing snipers and riflers, there are strong players on both sides. I've seen all of it. So yeah, the stuff that seems impossible can been done with some skill and luck.
  • and you think you can qs one enemy and kill the two other enemies with your de without them killing you? If we assume that all 4 players have equal skills.
    If we assume that, then it doesn't matter if the guy is using a spork or a bloody bazooka. He's going to be outnumbered 3 to 1.
  • Madame Frecklez, why are you arguing with Bad M?
    If we assume that, then it doesn't matter if the guy is using a spork or a bloody bazooka. He's going to be outnumbered 3 to 1.
    yes you would be outnumbered. but if you use a awm then you still got a chance run and let them follow you and pick them off one by one and thats pretty easy to do with a awm.
  • suiles wrote: »
    yes you would be outnumbered. but if you use a awm then you still got a chance run and let them follow you and pick them off one by one and thats pretty easy to do with a awm.
    Equally skilled means equally skilled. In other words, in a 3 vs 1 position, the 3 of them combined are more skilled than I am on my own.
    Equally skilled means equally skilled. In other words, in a 3 vs 1 position, the 3 of them combined are more skilled than I am on my own.
    thats true but some skilled people think they are to good to die when they are with 3 people.
    like you fall back and they follow then you pick them off that give you the chance but then again they got to be that stupid to follow you the same way. xD
    thats kinda the best way to snipe shoot and keep going back and let them follow then they think hes scared and your not its just a trap lol.
  • Why would you nerf the only gp 1 shot sniper. Do you have any idea how insanely the cf community would blow up? 2 Much trouble 2 deal with. Not Worth it. #IMO
    This argument is more of a "subjective" debate. Youtube amazing snipers and riflers, there are strong players on both sides. I've seen all of it. So yeah, the stuff that seems impossible can been done with some skill and luck.

Yes I know what you mean, some people could handle this situation pretty well. Some players are better then others.

But this is a general discussing about the awm being overpowered. We are talking about the normal player that plays in public matches.

Do you really think that those guys could handle this situation?

Most of the guys with awm I saw just walk around zoomed in, they don't even see their enemies. A awm in the hand of those noobs is not overpowered.

Not really. The single person is behind the box. He has a cover and is therefore in a better situation. He can come out shortly and shot one of them and then hide again and come out of the other side.

They might have the same skills, but different weapons and one of them is behind a cover.

where would you run? If you go away from the box they can see you and shot you. waiting for them to come and the qs and de the other two makes more sense.
    Fate4Hate wrote: »
    Why would you nerf the only gp 1 shot sniper. Do you have any idea how insanely the cf community would blow up? 2 Much trouble 2 deal with. Not Worth it. #IMO

There is still the dsr-1 left. Once you got used to it's zoom it's not bad too. I don't like it as much as the awm but it would still do the job.
  • Fate4Hate wrote: »
    Why would you nerf the only gp 1 shot sniper. Do you have any idea how insanely the cf community would blow up? 2 Much trouble 2 deal with. Not Worth it. #IMO
    Changing the damage to the arms from 100 to 80, would already make a great difference in making the AWM more balanced. It's insain that you would die while the person shooting at you barely hit your arm.
  • Noob cannon
    Changing the damage to the arms from 100 to 80, would already make a great difference in making the AWM more balanced. It's insain that you would die while the person shooting at you barely hit your arm.

And that is the exact issue -
    - its insane that this weapon can graze an arm and do 100 dmg
    - its insane that you can dance around and still shoot it accurately
    - its insane that it can be used at close quarters like a shotgun

All these pages of 'soap-boxing' have sought to distract from these simple facts!

These attributes really do make this weapon uniquely entitled to the name NOOB CANON

We don't need to hear about how good people think they are, and if this then that scenarios - all totally irrelevant to this one core issue - the gun is a NOOB CANON

Two simple fixes,..
    - place a limitation on its 100 dmg 'kill zone' and reduce damage capability slightly on other zones
    (this would stop stupid arm kills etc)

- require a brief pause before firing
    (this would ensure its use is only advantaged for actual sniping tactics and remove assault tactics)

This point is a concession, the game would be better of if AWM (and all sniper rifles IMO) had a firing restriction, unless scoped the weapons cannot fire.

Oh, weird concept eh... its called...um.. sniping, wouldn't that be a good idea!!

>>>> Troll Alert >>>>>Troll Alert >>>>> INCOMING >>>>> Troll Alert>>>>
    Back under your bridges and just don't bother, cos if we;re talking stupid... wot's stupid has been the endless pages of sophistry and BS, real head in the sand and up the jacksy at the same time stuff -

As for Pro-ness.. lmao - if you want to play some pro-ness, come to WC server..... and expect to get hammered, worked over and that thing you sit on handed to you on a plate, if you can still find the bits...

UK server.. lol, I'm still larfing at that one....