Queen's Jubilee

2»

Comments

• The queen and all the royal family is just a drain on the English tax payers money. They dont do anything any more except sit there and smile yet get as much money as they want. You saw the jubilee celebration on tele? It cost a pretty penny lets just say that and who paid for it? :/ The government complains that they have no money and spend god knows how much on a gigantic tea party for the queen lol.

In other words why have an event for something that is redundant.

Fiiiiiinaaaallly. A Brit who sees it like I do lol. I always wonder to myself how all these pekple tolerate and continuously support the useless royal family. :cool:
  • nznipS wrote: »
    It isn't so much about this ONE event or weather you like the Queen or not. It's about the principle. The fact that there are two events, unrelated to Crossfire, but related to the two licensed countries. NA & UK. Crossfire celebrates the Canadian and US national events every year. This year it was the Diamond Jubilee, which won't happen for at least 60 years. It doesn't matter if you're American reading this, and you don't care about the UK or the Queen. This isn't directed at you. (Heck, like I said all this was for me was an excuse to go party.)
    This is to point out that Z8Games needs to show equal support to both regions. Otherwise might a well give the licence to Crossfire Europe and let UK players play in ESL Major Series. An annual event is celebrated on Z8 every year. A RARE event in the UK, doesn't even get a mention on Z8. Again, this isn't a problem because I think that the players here love the Queen. It is the fact that the STAFF supporting this game should.

Well the thread title is "Queen's Jubilee" - Maybe for metin 2 this would fit in.

CF would need an event that isn't so laughable.

In principle UK events would be a good idea like Bonfire night etc but not anything to do with parasites.
  • Chimpzz wrote: »
    In principle UK events would be a good idea like Bonfire night etc but not anything to do with parasites.

Get the devs to make a guy fawkes mask and we are happy :rolleyes:
  • The queen and all the royal family is just a drain on the English tax payers money. They dont do anything any more except sit there and smile yet get as much money as they want. You saw the jubilee celebration on tele? It cost a pretty penny lets just say that and who paid for it? :/ The government complains that they have no money and spend god knows how much on a gigantic tea party for the queen lol.

In other words why have an event for something that is redundant.

actually the Queen and her family are not a drain, and in fact help the English taxpayers, because of tourism and other things which generate money that goes to the public.Quoted from the Guardian "the estate did turn a profit of £147.7m in 2000-01, all of which was credited to public funds. Their budget was about 70 million, so do the math on how much money they donate to the economy." So now it's just a matter if they deserve to keep all of that money that they were born in to. I mean it's kind of unfair, they are like the Kardashians, they are famous for nothing, except being born into something, no real work. However, they do go to alot of charities and help with stuff like that. So in reality, they are good for Britain, but I'm not British,http://forum.z8games.com/images/icons/icon10.gif, so you decide what you want to do with them.
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    Would a CF Event really have gotten you away from that activity though?! ha.

We <3 UK, and hear you loud and clear. While we may not have a lot of UK centric stuff to 'give away', we'll look for some UK holidays to do something nice for you guys too!

Also note, the Queen is like the Olympics, you can't even reference her name without the Royal Family coming in to censor or sue or whatever it is they do against using her name for anything!

Should also note that UK and Canadian Holidays are often the same. EG: Victoria Day Weekend. While we didn't call it "victoria day weekend event" we did run something on the long weekend there. And do the same for other holidays.

Though it seems you guys are always on a bank holiday out there. Maybe we should celebrate the next Bank Holiday by banking some ZP at a discount for you?!! :)

It was a joke. :D

I dont really know why there are so many bank holidays and I cant think of one decent holiday but like.. what, St. George's Day? Even though it isnt a bank holiday :/

Wait, ZP discount on the next bank holiday? Yes :D

Maybe more needs to be done to establish a UK connection to this game. MORE HOLIDAY EVENTS FOR ALL!!! YAAAY

I literally cannot think of a holiday in the UK thats important :/