How to bring back perm coupon weapons

For the really heavy ZP spenders, who get huge amounts of coupons all the time: STOP BUYING TEMP COUPON WEAPONS.

Well, think about it: why did/does Z8 replace weapons such as the perm axe (50 coupons) and awm-camo (60 coupons), etc. with temporary ones?

Because they think the changes (i.e. more temp coupon weapons) will lead to greater profits than the old model (i.e. more perm coupon weapons).

But, what if they aren't? If no one bought weapons like the RX Storm, Remington, M16A4, etc., don't you think Z8 would notice that their newer model is less profitable?

I think a boycott is in order. Really, I think the players who actually exchange coupons for the temp weapons (not low-cost ones like mp5-adv, but 70-coupons-ish like the M16A4) are the players who purchase the most ZP.

So, my message to the CrossFire ZP Elite (loool): Stop exchanging coupons for the new temp weapons. Oh, well, "I already have the M4 gold and Ak gold and Awm gold," you say? Well buy some more of those. Get 6 M4 golds, 6 AK golds, 6 AWM golds, 6 M4 custom, 6 SL8s, 6 gold deagles. Or better yet, don't spend your coupons at all and take a break with the ZP-buying, eh?

I believe an effective boycott of temp weapons would have a good chance of bringing back more perm weapons to the coupon exchange. Of course, I know that the chance of this actually happening is about zero, but I had to give it a try anyway.

Please limit the BS posts about "stop QQing about free stuff, herp derp." If you have to say that, you clearly missed the point of this thread.

tl;dr: boycott temp coupon weapons, yall! ;)

also, i am wondering if some mod is going to find some lame excuse to close this thread; that would make me lol :rolleyes:

Comments

• YOU CAN'T BOYCOTT IN THE INTERNET

Many people tried to boycott EA because of their bad attitude. Over 5000 people was in the boycott and they didn't buy any EA games but it didn't work because other people just bought it.

Same will happen here. You or maybe 5 other people will stop buying ZP but others will continue and ruin your boycott.
  • YOU CAN'T BOYCOTT IN THE INTERNET

Many people tried to boycott EA because of their bad attitude. Over 5000 people was in the boycott and they didn't buy any EA games but it didn't work because other people just bought it.

Same will happen here. You or maybe 5 other people will stop buying ZP but others will continue and ruin your boycott.

:
    1nsomniac wrote: »
    Of course, I know that the chance of this actually happening is about zero, but I had to give it a try anyway.

I didn't say I would stop buying ZP or that other people had to; main thing is to not buy temp coupon guns; there are other things to spend ZP on lol
  • 1nsomniac wrote: »
    For the really heavy ZP spenders, who get huge amounts of coupons all the time: STOP BUYING TEMP COUPON WEAPONS.

Well, think about it: why did/does Z8 replace weapons such as the perm axe (50 coupons) and awm-camo (60 coupons), etc. with temporary ones?

Because they think the changes (i.e. more temp coupon weapons) will lead to greater profits than the old model (i.e. more perm coupon weapons).

But, what if they aren't? If no one bought weapons like the RX Storm, Remington, M16A4, etc., don't you think Z8 would notice that their newer model is less profitable?

I think a boycott is in order. Really, I think the players who actually exchange coupons for the temp weapons (not low-cost ones like mp5-adv, but 70-coupons-ish like the M16A4) are the players who purchase the most ZP.

So, my message to the CrossFire ZP Elite (loool): Stop exchanging coupons for the new temp weapons. Oh, well, "I already have the M4 gold and Ak gold and Awm gold," you say? Well buy some more of those. Get 6 M4 golds, 6 AK golds, 6 AWM golds, 6 M4 custom, 6 SL8s, 6 gold deagles. Or better yet, don't spend your coupons at all and take a break with the ZP-buying, eh?

I believe an effective boycott of temp weapons would have a good chance of bringing back more perm weapons to the coupon exchange. Of course, I know that the chance of this actually happening is about zero, but I had to give it a try anyway.

Please limit the BS posts about "stop QQing about free stuff, herp derp." If you have to say that, you clearly missed the point of this thread.

tl;dr: boycott temp coupon weapons, yall! ;)

also, i am wondering if some mod is going to find some lame excuse to close this thread; that would make me lol :rolleyes:

Responding to the part that is bolded.

They exchanged the permanent weapons to not bore the "heavy" zp spenders so they could spend their "Coupons" on "Coupon weapons". In this case they exchanged them by temporary weapons, but it might be that they change the temporary weapons by permanent weapons. Also the AWM-Camo wasn't 60 coupons, but 80. It was swapped for the SL8
  • Wishjj wrote: »

They exchanged the permanent weapons to not bore the "heavy" zp spenders so they could spend their "Coupons" on "Coupon weapons". In this case they exchanged them by temporary weapons, but it might be that they change the temporary weapons by permanent weapons. Also the AWM-Camo wasn't 60 coupons, but 80. It was swapped for the SL8

^Yes, I realize that (though somehow I thought AWM camo was 60). Here is the part of my post about that:
    1nsomniac wrote:
    the players who actually exchange coupons for the temp weapons (not low-cost ones like mp5-adv, but 70-coupons-ish like the M16A4) are the players who purchase the most ZP.

Also the AWM-Camo wasn't 60 coupons, but 80.

Actually, it was 70.
  • I'll do anything to get my axe back. I was going to get more ZP and heard that they removed the axe, I was 4 coupons away. They say this is more logical buisness wise but they've atleast lost one customer. On the slight chance Saidin replies to this; You've still never countered my argument.

Maybe it is a fault that I go after coupons instead of crates or whatever. But I don't gamble all my stuff away. This is my go-to if/when I end up not getting that permanent gun. And even if it is a fault, don't destroy it then, it was making you money. I'm not the best when it comes to buisnesses, but I'm pretty sure that when a customer, heck I'm going to assume costumers are enjoying a benefit, you don't smite it! I'd probably have paid a lot more for it assuming axe's were in the game.

I'd be able to get better, actually play as BL in GM and overall, it'd be more enjoyable. Why wouldn't I support a game I find enjoyable. I wouldn't want you going out of buisness. But now, I could care less.

Why would they spend money on that then? They've devalued coupons, and I'm not speaking for everyone here, but that was a hefty portion of what I was paying for. BM is nice, but it's really just gambling. You're guaranteed some coupons, but now why bother? Now all it is is gambling. They've made it go from gambling + fun fall back, where you're rewarded for buying zp even if you didn't win to gambling + junk you don't need.
  • How about some new Perm coupon weapons then?
  • Imagine half of the players stop buying zp. I bet coupons will be back and even cheaper.

impossible though.
  • Imagine half of the players stop buying zp. I bet coupons will be back and even cheaper.

impossible though.

True. Except we don't even need half the players to stop buying ZP. They just need to stop buying temp coupon weapons :o Half the players not buying ZP for a while would be amazing though; I can only imagine the incentives Z8 would desperately come up with :p
  • Erm, some flaws I see is that since Z8 has more power here, they could just take away the permanent weapons that are left in the coupon exchange. I don't see any reason to do this, even if I didn't have a lot of limited edition permanent super mega ultra cool weapons from the coupon exchange that everybody still wants. :rolleyes: Ha ha, no, but seriously, what made you think of this Obama? Is there something you want? :p
  • I don't feel any boycott is necessary but I've never bought a temp gun either.

I was dissapointed when they replaced those coupon guns but I play the game more for the fun and less for the guns.
  • Seashore wrote: »
    Erm, some flaws I see is that since Z8 has more power here, they could just take away the permanent weapons that are left in the coupon exchange. I don't see any reason to do this, even if I didn't have a lot of limited edition permanent super mega ultra cool weapons from the coupon exchange that everybody still wants. :rolleyes: Ha ha, no, but seriously, what made you think of this Obama? Is there something you want? :p

not particularly. im pretty much set on the ak gold, but its just rather annoying that Z8 makes its selection of perm weapons worse, then QQ about people QQing about it. But I guess im just QQing about them QQing about ppl QQing about it :p

Anyway, sure Z8 has the power to decide what perm weapons and temp weapons to put in the exchange, but if they misuse/abuse that power, then people will react negatively (spend less money) and Z8 would have to respond by bringing back a more favorable selection to the players ;)

Again, I dont really think this is ever going to be a possibility. Because CF players are like pigeons. No matter how much Z8 kicks us, we'll always come cooing back :rolleyes: i mean i left for over a year and still came back randomly lol

Although, a side point of this thread is for the ppl who QQ @ Z8: whats more annoying than Z8 for replacing perm weapons for temp ones are the ppl willing to buy the new temp weapons. so if anything, we should QQ at them even more than at Z8 :D
  • They can do what ever they want, people will still pay for it.
  • They can do what ever they want, people will still pay for it.

Yep, we sure are pigeons :o
  • Well Saidin still gave Rory his Ak knife after it was removed because he knew he was collecting coupons for it. :p
  • Demoniite wrote: »
    Well Saidin still gave Rory his Ak knife after it was removed because he knew he was collecting coupons for it. :p

Well I was collecting coupons for an axe, an awm-camo, a M4A1-C and gold, a ak47-knife and gold....
  • 1nsomniac wrote: »
    Yep, we sure are pigeons :o

Activision removed dedicated servers and custom mod support from Modern Warfare, but people still bought it. EA started with overpriced DLCs and added Origin to their games, people still buy it. Apple sells crappy old hardware, people still buy it even if it costs 3 times more then when you buy it from other shops. Z8games remove perm weapons from the coupons, people still go on like nothing happened. Humanity is stupid and lazy.
  • Z8 changed perm weapons to temp weapons because they didn't like how most players only ever buy 1 or 2 of them and then stop spending. The temp weapons in their mind were supposed to encourage more buying. (How they came up with replacing perm stuff with temp stuff that on average is worse then the perm stuff is supposed to increase spending is beyond me)

The flaw with this is Z8 didn't take in account how much the average ZP buyer spends a month and how many coupons they get. Most ZP spenders spend only about $10-$20 a month average (About the same price as a monthly subscription to a P2P MMO) with a big spending every once in awhile. $20 only gets around 8-12 coupons average so it takes 5-8 months of saving for most ZP buyers just to get 1 of the 50-60 coupon items.

Most regular spenders were saving up for a second or third purchase when the switch happened.
  • Activision removed dedicated servers and custom mod support from Modern Warfare, but people still bought it. EA started with overpriced DLCs and added Origin to their games, people still buy it. Apple sells crappy old hardware, people still buy it even if it costs 3 times more then when you buy it from other shops. Z8games remove perm weapons from the coupons, people still go on like nothing happened. Humanity is stupid and lazy.

Exactly, but at least these are companies that got fan boys who are willing to pay anything just for the fact that their beloved company made it. But here, people are even more dumb.
  • VATAV wrote: »
    Z8 changed perm weapons to temp weapons because they didn't like how most players only ever buy 1 or 2 of them and then stop spending. The temp weapons in their mind were supposed to encourage more buying. (How they came up with replacing perm stuff with temp stuff that on average is worse then the perm stuff is supposed to increase spending is beyond me)

The flaw with this is Z8 didn't take in account how much the average ZP buyer spends a month and how many coupons they get. Most ZP spenders spend only about $10-$20 a month average (About the same price as a monthly subscription to a P2P MMO) with a big spending every once in awhile. $20 only gets around 8-12 coupons average so it takes 5-8 months of saving for most ZP buyers just to get 1 of the 50-60 coupon items.

Most regular spenders were saving up for a second or third purchase when the switch happened.

Or 1st. I'd be fine if they switched it afterwards. I wanted one permanent melee weapon besides a knife, and I personally hate the brass knuckles. Added to the fact I could blow 1 million dollars and not get them. The axe was my only option... I like to play GM. Sure, GR is fun and all, but the real fun for me is playing as BL, but with a petty knife when people have snipers, shotguns and all that... Atleast give me a fighting chance. I haven't played a single knife match since right after my shovel expired, which was maybe a year ago? Either knife needs a buff (that's what the oposites of nerfs are right?), or certain coupons could change back.... I personally am in favor of the latter.