Need PC Tech Help? Post here.

Comments

• Thanks everyone, I guess I'll just add on to this motherboard, upgrading the ram and cpu should help a lot.
  • Tecumtha wrote: »
    However gaming enthusias have been overclocking since the 90's.
    OC and liquidcooling go hand in hand, if u dont OC there is no need for LC. Having liquidcooling for intense overclocking is needed.

The guiness record of OC:

http://youtu.be/UKN4VMOenNM

I am not OCing at this moment because I dont want to spend the money...yet. But if I have the money I will OC the Bulldozer or the i7 3770k to 5.0 GHZ

http://www.url.biz/Articles/Article-116.html

OC is a things for kids, one of my teacher been working in Computer engineering for years and years and first thing he told us is anybody who OC a computer is just stupid and don't get any gain and have much more to lose.

Like saying I will jump off a plane when it's breaking so I will save the time it have to get stable landing to the landing pad. YEA YOU SAVED 1% of the time
    So efficient, (but you're causing permanent damage to your pc ! yea warranty will love you*)

Also again water cooling is not as efficient as fan cooling, else if you use a custom method which is not sold on market.

*because the ain't paying you back if you OC.
  • http://www.url.biz/Articles/Article-116.html

OC is a things for kids, one of my teacher been working in Computer engineering for years and years and first thing he told us is anybody who OC a computer is just stupid and don't get any gain and have much more to lose.

Like saying I will jump off a plane when it's breaking so I will save the time it have to get stable landing to the landing pad. YEA YOU SAVED 1% of the time
    So efficient, (but you're causing permanent damage to your pc ! yea warranty will love you*)

Also again water cooling is not as efficient as fan cooling, else if you use a custom method which is not sold on market.

*because the ain't paying you back if you OC.

Well if you don't OC AMD cpus, they will never get even close to Intel's sandybridge.

For some people who want performance and don't want to pay Intel premium, OC is still the cheap way to go.

Today's Black Edition and K series are designed for OC. If you know what you doing, you shouldn't damage it at all. It might shortern the life span but CPUs aren't meant to last many years anyway. They will probably ended up recycled before them reaching their lifespan.

Yeah I agree young rich kids and young professionals like to OC, like ski-bums, surfer-bums---it's a life style.
  • sooo
    this is my laptop specs
    3atlh.png
    is this good enough??
    cause i've been getting 20-60 fps for the last 2 weeks+ping was 50-55 now its at 62-70......
    i have a cooling pad, besides my laptop never gets completely hot.
    any ideas what could be the problem? =/
    Graphic Card:Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    Radeon(TM) HD 6770M
    Well if you don't OC AMD cpus, they will never get even close to Intel's sandybridge.

For some people who want performance and don't want to pay Intel premium, OC is still the cheap way to go.

Today's Black Edition and K series are designed for OC. If you know what you doing, you shouldn't damage it at all. It might shortern the life span but CPUs aren't meant to last many years anyway. They will probably ended up recycled before them reaching their lifespan.

Yeah I agree young rich kids and young professionals like to OC, like ski-bums, surfer-bums---it's a life style.

No just listen OC don't boost your performance it only boost the number. The processor will still do the same, all you do is to cut on the time to do it properly. It's like If I ask you to cook me a cake in 1 hrs or in 50 minute. I'm sure on those 10 minute you will still have plenty of things to improve, but when you slack them off you just **** it up. People don't get to understand a computer is PHYSIC, it does matter if you change things on it because it will change everything that was "supposed" to be.

Masquerade it doesn't make sense: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    Radeon(TM) HD 6770M

Radeon = AMD chipset, intel wouldn't provide intel gpu lol.

Use Dxdiag in execute or in search program and files in your start bar.
  • ^^
    I am confused as to what you are trying to say.

Hz = cycles per second.

So more Hz = more cycles per second = faster performance.

A stable overclock means no chances of error.

Overclocking does not kill your CPU faster as long as you don't go overboard, overvolt and have adequate cooling.
  • No just listen OC don't boost your performance it only boost the number. The processor will still do the same, all you do is to cut on the time to do it properly. It's like If I ask you to cook me a cake in 1 hrs or in 50 minute. I'm sure on those 10 minute you will still have plenty of things to improve, but when you slack them off you just **** it up. People don't get to understand a computer is PHYSIC, it does matter if you change things on it because it will change everything that was "supposed" to be.

Masquerade it doesn't make sense: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    Radeon(TM) HD 6770M

Radeon = AMD chipset, intel wouldn't provide intel gpu lol.

Use Dxdiag in execute or in search program and files in your start bar.
    this?? :confused:
    2zjj9yo.png
  • ^^

Hz = cycles per second.

Overclocking does not kill your CPU faster as long as you don't go overboard, overvolt and have adequate cooling.

Again what you mean is not overclocking anymore but more "boosting" now a day compagnies understood people were too stupid by themselves to know the limits so they downrated everyclock at the base so people could still "oc" (putting the real speed of the cpu) back by themselve so they will believe "oh I oc my computer now it's at 3.5ghz" But in fact if you check it out they will always tell you 1, econ speed,2 performance speed, 3 turbo speed.

1, should be used most of the time In the last generation cpu, because actually there's not many software that will take out the full power out of a brand new cpu.

2, used if you play last generation games or using high processing software.

3, If you multi-task,video edit, 3d design and stuff like that, because these stuff that render use millions of particles and are the only software that are actually designed to make use of the full power of a processor now a day.

If you don't believe it, just guess why they do the same with the windows experience rating, or even just in forums why they classify each of the separately.

masquarade do a "save all information" and share the .txt
  • ^^

Hz = cycles per second.

Didnt you break your cpu overclocking?
  • 'tC wrote:
    dll;3032292']sooo
    this is my laptop specs
    3atlh.png
    is this good enough??
    cause i've been getting 20-60 fps for the last 2 weeks+ping was 50-55 now its at 62-70......
    i have a cooling pad, besides my laptop never gets completely hot.
    any ideas what could be the problem? =/
    Graphic Card:Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    Radeon(TM) HD 6770M

20 fps? Yuck. My friend has the same prob too.
    Maybe its the server.
    Have you tried BlackViper's windows7 configuration tweak? Google it.

Also disable paging, indexing, and hibernation in Windows. Google how to do them.

Use GameBooster.

Maybe upgrade to a SSD.
  • ^^

Hz = cycles per second.

Yes I agree.

If you tried OC, it would increase game performance.

For example, AMD has Turbo burst, it basically jumps the clock speed up a bit to increase performance.

OC will not be as stable as stock clock speed, but that's the tradeoff. For non-critical work, it's okay to OC.
  • Giggletron wrote: »
    Didnt you break your cpu overclocking?

Fried my mobo, but my CPU survived miraculously. I didn't know what I was doing back then.
    Tecumtha wrote: »
    If you tried OC, it would increase game performance.

No.
  • Fried my mobo, but my CPU survived miraculously. I didn't know what I was doing back then.

No.

CPU can withstand OC as it will shut the system if it gets unstable, where as a MOBO can't decide to shut down on its own until it gets fried.

When I OC my video card my game runs a bit faster.
    When I OC my video card my game runs a bit faster.

Then your CPU is bottlenecking the GPU. Time for an upgrade.
  • Then your CPU is bottlenecking the GPU. Time for an upgrade.

I'd rather OC.
  • what do you think about this cpu fan
    Zalman CNPS8900 Extreme
    is good for my procesador intel core 2 duo?
    http://www.zalman.com/eng/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=469
    I'd rather OC.

Well what CPU and GPU are you using?
  • Well what CPU and GPU are you using?

Phenom ii x6 2.7 ghz

gtx 560ti

I can't OC it because it is a HP. :rolleyes:

I might sell it and build a i5 3570k
  • Kinyale wrote: »
    what do you think about this cpu fan
    Zalman CNPS8900 Extreme
    is good for my procesador intel core 2 duo?
    http://www.zalman.com/eng/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=469

Intel Core 2 duo?

That CPU is due for a upgrade soon why bother getting a new fan?
    20 fps? Yuck. My friend has the same prob too.
    Maybe its the server.
    Have you tried BlackViper's windows7 configuration tweak? Google it.

Also disable paging, indexing, and hibernation in Windows. Google how to do them.

Use GameBooster.

Maybe upgrade to a SSD.

paging is important, it's a source that you dedicate to find information. it would be stupid to unpage else you have over 16 gigs of ram.

Indexing is not good depending on what you use.

Btw stop giving advice if it's to make people **** up their computer.

Ps: Increase my game performance ? The most you need as frame rate is 60, over that it's just useless frames, your monitor wont take over 60 fps else you use a 120hz monitor. Lets just say that, you have 200 frame (image) per second, your monitor can only clock every 60 times per seconds which mean 140 frames wont even show on your monitor.

Crossfire: 250 fps+
    Starcraft2: 150fps+
    Diablo3: 120fps+
    League of legend: 80fps+
    Skyrim ultra: 140 fps+

So tell me why am I even wondering why I should OC ? if I did be only gaming ?
  • paging is important, it's a source that you dedicate to find information. it would be stupid to unpage else you have over 16 gigs of ram.

Indexing is not good depending on what you use.

Btw stop giving advice if it's to make people **** up their computer.

Ps: Increase my game performance ? The most you need as frame rate is 60, over that it's just useless frames, your monitor wont take over 60 fps else you use a 120hz monitor. Lets just say that, you have 200 frame (image) per second, your monitor can only clock every 60 times per seconds which mean 140 frames wont even show on your monitor.

Crossfire: 250 fps+
    Starcraft2: 150fps+
    Diablo3: 120fps+
    League of legend: 80fps+
    Skyrim ultra: 140 fps+

So tell me why am I even wondering why I should OC ? if I did be only gaming ?

I was giving my friend some suggestions to try things out.

Don't take it personal, overclocking is a personal thing. Maybe you have tried it and didn't like it. Some other people tried it and liked it. Like I said before, OC gives CPUs some more advantages. Conservative people don't like it, and that is ok.

I don't recommend people with no experience with pc hardware to overclock without a lot of research first.

Here is a thread on disabling paging, it is okay to try, he has 6gb ram.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/248185-30-safe-disable-paging-file-32bit

We can talk about frame rate some other time. It is a subject on its own. But don't argue for argument's sake.
  • I would still suggest not to touch the paging, but just reduce it.

Or even better put all the paging on a SSD drive
  • Alright nerdies stop arguing and help out people that actually need help in this thread.

Nothing any of you arguing have posted has amounted to anyone being helped and frankly its a waste of time.

So I ask you this nerdies and brittar,ds inform me of the deep web and several sites within.

Not illegal unless you want to make it illegal.
  • I would still suggest not to touch the paging, but just reduce it.

Or even better put all the paging on a SSD drive

SSD drives should disable paging to avoid necessarily writing on SSD that can shorten their life span. :rolleyes: But how long do SSD drives last is still debatable, so I guess time will tell.

Alright nerdies stop arguing and help out people that actually need help in this thread.

Nothing any of you arguing have posted has amounted to anyone being helped and frankly its a waste of time.

So I ask you this nerdies and brittar,ds inform me of the deep web and several sites within.

Not illegal unless you want to make it illegal.

Yes I agree. I don't want to debate here too much on philosophical grounds :p
    For technical suggestions or opinions, we should reference our sources sites or publications.
    SSD drives should disable paging to avoid necessarily writing on SSD that can shorten their life span. :rolleyes: But how long do SSD drives last is still debatable, so I guess time will tell.

Yes I agree. I don't want to debate here too much on philosophical grounds :p
    For technical suggestions or opinions, we should reference our sources sites or publications.

decades of years if you don't overheat your case :P

Jafrikan posting such website is not the point of this thread and also it's not for child like you.
  • decades of years if you don't overheat your case :P

Jafrikan posting such website is not the point of this thread and also it's not for child like you.

you're an idiot.
  • So i'm thinking of buying this computer

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227411

The only thing it does not have that i want is an hdmi port, but there's a slot for one on the back so i'm wondering how hard is it to set up an hdmi port on a computer? And how much would it cost me and what would i need.
  • How can I increase my fps for free my updating my computer. I get around 18 Fps making playing the game impossible.
    Ive tried a few things but they havent helped much such as GameBooster.
    What else can I do.
  • Hahahabro wrote: »
    So i'm thinking of buying this computer

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227411

The only thing it does not have that i want is an hdmi port, but there's a slot for one on the back so i'm wondering how hard is it to set up an hdmi port on a computer? And how much would it cost me and what would i need.

The reviews on newegg seem to be negative on this rig..

GTX 550ti has HDMI port on its back. So it has.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2011/03/15/nvidia-geforce-gtx-550-ti-1gb-review/1