Knuckle vs Axe

Unfortunately I missed the last chance to exchange for a perm Axe.
Now I have two options: win a perm Knuckle, or keep buying a temp Axe.

Please, don't tell me temp weapon is a waste of money. I don't care.
Please, don't recommend anything else, such as Kukri. I don't like.

I just wanna know which one is better, Knuckle or Axe? Thanks.

Comments

• The Axe is better IMO because of it's longer range, but constantly buying it from ZP might be a waste. I would say to go for the Knuckles and if you can win it, then stick with those. After 50ish crates, I'd say give up and just buy the Axe for temp.
  • Never underestimate what you already have. A knife is as powerful as any other melee weapon if you put the patience learning the great stunts you can put out with it.

But if you're stubborn: knuckles are 100% damage everywhere and has the quickest stab of all, but.. shortest range also.

Axe has longer range, better slash (1 hit if you aim the head), 80% damage to legs. Widely regarded as the best compromise between stab/slash power, along with quickness.

It's your choice, really.

IMO: Knife is the way to go, ZP melees are for people in search of the easiest way out.
  • iDagnasty wrote: »
    Never underestimate what you already have. A knife is as powerful as any other melee weapon if you put the patience learning the great stunts you can put out with it.

But if you're stubborn: knuckles are 100% damage everywhere and has the quickest stab of all, but.. shortest range also.

Axe has longer range, better slash (1 hit if you aim the head), 80% damage to legs. Widely regarded as the best compromise between stab/slash power, along with quickness.

IMO: Knife is the way to go, ZP melees are for people in search of the easiest way out.
    I agree with this.Knuckles are better now then all meele.
    Just i see them now rarely,even people are winning them i didnt saw them since i was on forums room.
  • BlindNate wrote: »
    I agree with this.Knuckles are better now then all meele.
    Just i see them now rarely,even people are winning them i didnt saw them since i was on forums room.

Knuckles are supreme when you can effectively gauge your distances, and know your working range. In that regards, they can overcome the axe. They do have two drawbacks: short range and a weak slash.

But it's easily offset by the tremendous power of the stab, the quickness of it, and the fact you move with them as fast as with a knife.

People owning both but sticking with axe is just the result of being so much familiar with the axe, that it remains their weapon of choice. Besides that, range is a decisive factor too.

That said, a good knifer can still beat all of the melees. Nothing is as fast. Just practice !
    Knuckles are supreme when you can effectively gauge your distances, and know your working range. In that regards, they can overcome the axe. They do have two drawbacks: short range and a weak slash.

But it's easily offset by the tremendous power of the stab, the quickness of it, and the fact you move with them as fast as with a knife.

People owning both but sticking with axe is just the result of being so much familiar with the axe, that it remains their weapon of choice. Besides that, range is a decisive factor too.

That said, a good knifer can still beat all of the melees. Nothing is as fast. Just practice !
    But it's way Op,right?
    Even it is effective against other meele weapons,there is no match against knuckles if a good player use it.
    Idk if you have them and did you use it in Gm but from my imagination.I would say that knuckles are hard to use it.Unlike katana.
    But it's way Op,right?
    Even it is effective against other meele weapons,there is no match against knuckles if a good player use it.
    Idk if you have them and did you use it in Gm but from my imagination.I would say that knuckles are hard to use it.Unlike katana.

I have two brass knuckles.

I rarely use them in GM, I mostly use knife now, and axe when GR side is too strong for our team.

in TDM melee only though, I use knife and either school axe users, or use axe myself when they try too hard, and bring them back to reality.

;)
    I have two brass knuckles.

I rarely use them in GM, I mostly use knife now, and axe when GR side is too strong for our team.

in TDM melee only though, I use knife and either school axe users, or use axe myself when they try too hard, and bring them back to reality.

;)

Cool. And I believe you deserve a show off.
    However I'm not going to be "that" pro at melee.

Thanks for all you guys. The information about range is important to me.
    I'm already used to the Axe's range. Thus I'd better stick with it.

• V_rock wrote: »
    Cool. And I believe you deserve a show off.
    However I'm not going to be "that" pro at melee.

Thanks for all you guys. The information about range is important to me.
    I'm already used to the Axe's range. Thus I'd better stick with it.

Just 1 tip for you.Use what it suits you better.
    I was before kukri hater but now i dont mind using my Perm Kukri royal dragon in gm(sometimes i use axe also depends on my mood).I dont say that i have lack of skill but i just using it like i have hidden blades from assassin's creed hahah xD
    Just 1 tip for you.Use what it suits you better.
    I was before kukri hater but now i dont mind using my Perm Kukri royal dragon in gm(sometimes i use axe also depends on my mood).I dont say that i have lack of skill but i just using it like i have hidden blades from assassin's creed hahah xD

No, it really is bad.

Really bad.

Nothing ever rewarding coming from using an overpowered weapon but temporary sense of achievement.

Axe/knife is accepted in GM, but only knife will make your name be praised.

People using anything else are uninteresting, and disgrace our great and unique mode.
  • Everything what Dagnasty already said is right and the same thing I was going to say too (what a randomness)

First of all, you should really practice playing well with your knife, it's a very good melee. It is a one-hit stab on the body/arm , when you run, crouch or jump into your enemy. Additional to that it is really accuarate and can stab the head very easily. When you slash your enemy one time in the head, he is pretty much screwed anyway, so for me it's equal to a one-hit headshot.

To the axe, IMO it's just the best melee, because it is only melee which does a one-hit headshot through a bullet-helmet. Furthermore it has a freaking fast slash, but not as fast as the one of the knife. The right-click (stab) isn't the fastest and strongest, but it is really decent though.

The brass knuckles have a very fast right-click, but the range, when it hits the body, is pretty small. When you practice with it, I'm sure it is decent, but a an axer will always beat you, because he can hit you one time in the head and his work is done. But you, with your knuckles, have to hit him twice in the head, which is pretty much useless.

Me personally would use the knuckles to act like "challenge accepted", the axe like Dagnasty said "bring the players to reality again", when I fail with my knife, which I would use most.
    Of course it is nice to have a perm melee, but since you don't care, get your axe.

And who knows, maybe a seasonal axe will come soon ;)
  • ElseHD wrote: »
    Everything what Dagnasty already said is right and the same thing I was going to say too (what a randomness)

First of all, you should really practice playing well with your knife, it's a very good melee. It is a one-hit stab on the body/arm , when you run, crouch or jump into your enemy. Additional to that it is really accuarate and can stab the head very easily. When you slash your enemy one time in the head, he is pretty much screwed anyway, so for me it's equal to a one-hit headshot.

To the axe, IMO it's just the best melee, because it is only melee which does a one-hit headshot through a bullet-helmet. Furthermore it has a freaking fast slash, but not as fast as the one of the knife. The right-click (stab) isn't the fastest and strongest, but it is really decent though.

The brass knuckles have a very fast right-click, but the range, when it hits the body, is pretty small. When you practice with it, I'm sure it is decent, but a an axer will always beat you, because he can hit you one time in the head and his work is done. But you, with your knuckles, have to hit him twice in the head, which is pretty much useless.

Me personally would use the knuckles to act like "challenge accepted", the axe like Dagnasty said "bring the players to reality again", when I fail with my knife, which I would use most.
    Of course it is nice to have a perm melee, but since you don't care, get your axe.

And who knows, maybe a seasonal axe will come soon ;)

What I meant is that when a rookie player gets used to axe, he can easily molest the knife users, but gets back to reality when a seasoned player comes in and teaches him about timing.

Yet, the real achievement is doing the same thing with knife, and that earns my respect. Unless it's 300 kittens who are simply disgusting with their attitudes.
    What I meant is that when a rookie player gets used to axe, he can easily molest the knife users, but gets back to reality when a seasoned player comes in and teaches him about timing.

Yet, the real achievement is doing the same thing with knife, and that earns my respect. Unless it's 300 kittens who are simply disgusting with their attitudes.

Oh yes that deserves respect really.
    I'm glad I can do this. Just not against those "pro axers" and stay defense and just wait until you stab and they slash your head away.
    But I can slash too :);)

We should make a 1 on 1 if you like or we in one team against others haha. :) Add me in game. :3
    your name be praised.

What game are you playing?

you forgot the wrench :D
    To the axe, IMO it's just the best melee, because it is only melee which does a one-hit headshot through a bullet-helmet.

lol what? :rolleyes:

OT: Im pretty sure I've seen/heard tests of the knuckles that showed it has more range than the axe (yeah that's cf for you)
  • Axe is more efficient in my opinion. Knuckles, however, are much more fun to use in various game modes. Watch this video for reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8srAuitcIqk

As usual, credits to Rory!
  • 'R wrote:
    ush;3017987']you forgot the wrench :D

The wrench isn't a 1hit HS through a bullet helmet. And it isn't that good IMO..
    lol what? :rolleyes:

OT: Im pretty sure I've seen/heard tests of the knuckles that showed it has more range than the axe (yeah that's cf for you)

I didn't test the Machete or NMB yet if they do 100 damage through a bullet-helmet, but my feeling says no. God, again (not sure about Knuckles, Katana, Machete NMB) :
    All melees have the same range about 3,4 meters direct towards the body. All melees have different ranges while hitting the body. I mean

^
    | = Same <---> = different

Hope this is clear now. :rolleyes:
  • What axe dont give 100 dmg throw bullet helmet ... ??
  • Tr0IIzor wrote: »
    What axe dont give 100 dmg throw bullet helmet ... ??

Axe DOES in fact do a 100 damage in one slash to the head, even in the presence of head armor.
  • Demoniite wrote: »
    Axe DOES in fact do a 100 damage in one slash to the head, even in the presence of head armor.

Exactly. And it's the only one.
    Tr0IIzor wrote: »
    What axe dont give 100 dmg throw bullet helmet ... ??

It does.
    The wrench isn't a 1hit HS through a bullet helmet. And it isn't that good IMO..

I thought it does, press to much right klick :D
    and is 1 of the best melee ;)
  • 'R wrote:
    ush;3018037']I thought it does, press to much right klick :D
    and is 1 of the best melee ;)

Better than Katana, Machete, Kris :)
    Never underestimate what you already have. A knife is as powerful as any other melee weapon if you put the patience learning the great stunts you can put out with it.

I totally agree with this guy!! ^^

But he posted my opinion before me soo.... :)
  • I prefer the Axe its fast and easy to kill with! but the knuckles you have to move allot to get the enemies slashing/punching with the knuckles do like 26 dmg per hit? but when u slash with the Axe you do like 70/60 :)
  • Use Knuckle , Axe is better , but if u learn to go with Knuckle u own axe , so try to win it ,
  • LifeLineEU wrote: »
    Use Knuckle , Axe is better , but if u learn to go with Knuckle u own axe , so try to win it ,

When he needs 60K ZP for it, then he could buy the axe for one whole year or more.
    And if he doesn't win it, he wasted pretty much one year of axe. :o
  • its not the easiest way out if u exchange coupons for the axe ( coupons from only gp crates) its actually harder,

Buy some knuckles, u might get lucky
  • V_rock wrote: »
    Unfortunately I missed the last chance to exchange for a perm Axe.
    Now I have two options: win a perm Knuckle, or keep buying a temp Axe.

Please, don't tell me temp weapon is a waste of money. I don't care.
    Please, don't recommend anything else, such as Kukri. I don't like.

I just wanna know which one is better, Knuckle or Axe? Thanks.

i was kinda upset because i was missing a lot with axe cuz of laggers or my always decrease and increase of fps,and i took knife,they repair it now u can do hs u don't miss that much and 3 strafe at most to kill,unless he has bullet proof.it's very funny now to play with knife u miss but when u kill it's awesome.oh, when u do knife kill's more then one u can find yourself kik from room,cuz u hak they say.but there r more hak ers that use one hit kill most of them low acc with knifes.in my opinion go for knuckles they r so funny.last tip: one of my clan members that have knuckles told me that he spin under the half line,try it before and after of mid line.hope my advice wort something.
  • Once you get the timing and positioning down for the 1-slash headshot on the axe, you'll be unstoppable. The Brass Knuckles have a great right-click but the left-click is a little strange. I'd personally just go for the axe if you have enough ZP to carry on buying it over and over again.
  • knuckles has a really fast right click, making it harder to time, but once you have that timing down..... knuckles>axe

but....axe left click is way easier to hs and way easier to learn/do, making axe>knuckles

if you're really good at meleeing than knuckles are the way to go, but if your skills aren't up top par then axe is the way to go