Make a europian crossfire

Who else in the game is north American? And sick of high ping from Europeans because they don't have their own crossfire? i think its time a suggestion is made to create a European server for crossfire so people like me and my friends don't appreciate the fact that foreign language and extreme lag are a normal part of the game. this could be avoided easily. And I'm not saying Europeans are bad, and that foreign language is bad, because i speak 3, but the 20 different languages and the 300+ ping is just excruciatingly annoying. I would be very happy if there was at least a dedicated server for Europeans alone. I understand this game is a piggy back game, but programmers can make minor tweaks as to how this game is handled internationally. If most Asian countries can have their own game, I'm sure a server dedicated to europe shouldn't be a far stretch for this game.

Comments

• I want to say that I am mad with Cross Fire right now, because of the fact that I live in the USA, and pretty much all the players now live in Europe. This means i have a low ping, being close to the server, and everyone in Europe and other parts of the world have higher pings, and they lag a lot to me, thus causing me to start liking this game less and less. I buy ZP and like the game itself, but I can't play as well as I would like to with everyone hitting me from far away with a knife, or shooting from behind walls. I also don't like getting kicked from every game I'm in because people think i hack, but I'm just good. Please take what I've said in to consideration.

thats how i feel
  • bkarn123 wrote: »
    Who else in the game is north American? And sick of high ping from Europeans because they don't have their own crossfire? i think its time a suggestion is made to create a European server for crossfire so people like me and my friends don't appreciate the fact that foreign language and extreme lag are a normal part of the game. this could be avoided easily. And I'm not saying Europeans are bad, and that foreign language is bad, because i speak 3, but the 20 different languages and the 300+ ping is just excruciatingly annoying. I would be very happy if there was at least a dedicated server for Europeans alone. I understand this game is a piggy back game, but programmers can make minor tweaks as to how this game is handled internationally. If most Asian countries can have their own game, I'm sure a server dedicated to europe shouldn't be a far stretch for this game.

i dont think europeans got a bad ping .... the highest pings come from near east, asian nations, we got in europe 50Mbit's and thats normal includes fast path. so dont be angry to us europeans, and in the world are a lot of diffrent languages feel free to learn or use ist. some people cant speak english, they are happy 2 install cf and playing....and i know my english is poor 2 but enough to understand.
  • uh... no. It is not possible to be in Europe and have a 50 ping. the AVERAGE has to be around 140. So I AM hating on the Europeans because of this. I would like to see your ping. I'm sure its wont be anywhere near 50.

Uhm , sounds easy uh? Ask how much money does it cost to set up a server in europe, i think you posted that because they give you a hard time killing them :D
  • An UK server was planned and announced.
    Just Admins and Programmers know when that's gonna happen.

I'm Spanish and yes I want a european server.
    My ping sometimes flies from 150 to 210. But none complains that I lag, unless I'm ACE.

You should read up on ping, it's measured in milliseconds, so unless you see someone hitting 1000+ from lag, there shouldn't be a perceptible difference with someone with about 140-200, and that's in Europe usually. The 300+ are from people in Asia mostly. If you look it up, Europe on average has faster internet connections than even the United States.
    Although this has little to do with ping, the fact is the difference between 20 ping and 140 is negligible. As for the languages, I don't pay much attention to the chat when I'm playing, although a mute button on the chat might be nice, if only to get rid of the annoying spam that fills up the screen at times.
  • X5H2o wrote: »
    i dont think europeans got a bad ping .... the highest pings come from near east, asian nations, we got in europe 50Mbit's and thats normal includes fast path. so dont be angry to us europeans, and in the world are a lot of diffrent languages feel free to learn or use ist. some people cant speak english, they are happy 2 install cf and playing....and i know my english is poor 2 but enough to understand.

seeing as the asian nations have there own version of cf and we arent allowed to play other versions this shouldn't even be an issue...yet it is

4030856.jpg
  • Lex777 wrote: »
    You should read up on ping, it's measured in milliseconds, so unless you see someone hitting 1000+ from lag, there shouldn't be a perceptible difference with someone with about 140-200, and that's in Europe usually. The 300+ are from people in Asia mostly. If you look it up, Europe on average has faster internet connections than even the United States.
    Although this has little to do with ping, the fact is the difference between 20 ping and 140 is negligible. As for the languages, I don't pay much attention to the chat when I'm playing, although a mute button on the chat might be nice, if only to get rid of the annoying spam that fills up the screen at times.

there is a chat mute technically... its just for 1 player at a time in game
  • Connection SPEED and connection LATENCY are entirely different things.

The internet a decade ago would have made packets have 300+ms latency when crossing the ocean, but not anymore. Unless there actually is a problem (quadruple digits), ping is just something insecure wannabe hardcore gamers hide behind.

Even on this cheap oversold UK cable I can get double digit ping to my server in Virginia :)
    uh... no. It is not possible to be in Europe and have a 50 ping. the AVERAGE has to be around 140. So I AM hating on the Europeans because of this. I would like to see your ping. I'm sure its wont be anywhere near 50.
    that bs i'm in belfast northen ireland and i have a ping of 55 and i've played agenst americans with a ping around 75 and its not all of europe uk players get the same ping as american players in contental europe that gets high ping
    we just have 1 server: west coast
    there will be a uk server, and there u have your european server