Why is this happening to me?!

this might be a system failure but.... always when im patching the game,it says "Wrong CRC Detected" and the patcher closed,after that i press start then loads normaly,until HGWC comes up with error saying that one of the rez(n) is missing,i have been told to close the anti-virus before doing it,still

tried to re-install,but the setup still says somekind of an error with the rez.... specially rez8,rez17,rez18,rez21...............so what's is the solution???

Comments

• Many players have been experiencing problems with the auto-patcher, which gave me the idea to create a manual patch for those with patching issues. In this thread, you can downloaded the latest patch files (including the rez files), and replace them with your current corrupted ones. You must have Crossfire installed before you use the manual patch files, as the files only consist of the updated files, not the old ones which are also required to run Crossfire.

If you don't feel like doing a manual patch, you can always take the other route, and make sure your anti-virus is 100% disabled (most anti-virus leave crumbs that will continue to block things, such as your patcher file for instance). The tutorial to do this can be found here.

I wish you the best, good luck!
  • Nope, some download files have some errors..... pretty sure the failure is in the system
  • KilliDme wrote: »
    Nope, some download files have some errors..... pretty sure the failure is in the system

Okay, then it's definitely something blocking incoming files, or cleaning them as you download them. Please make sure any anti-virus software is COMPLETELY off. You can find guides specific to your anti-virus software on how to turn it off completely, so it wont continue blocking false-positive files.