Sluggish mouse movement

Whenever I shift-walk or b-hop my mouse gets stuck in the position I was facing first for about 10 seconds. And sometimes it just gets stuck in one position randomly followed by shaky movement. I've already tried the stickied thread about shaky/wobly mouse movement but it still hasn't changed. This doesn't happen when I play other games but I'm still questioning whether or not it's my horrid mouse.

Comments

• For better reference, what mouse are you using?
  • WinBack466 wrote: »
    For better reference, what mouse are you using?

A regular Dell mouse.
  • I will do some research for you and see if I can find anything about this. I'll get back to you in about 20 minutes or so, if I take more than 25 minutes I fell asleep. lolz. Either way I will get back to you asap on this to help you out. :)

I can only think of a few things at this time;
    1. Disable Sticky-Keys
    2. Check for driver updates for your mouse, or try uninstalling the drivers for you mouse completely and reinstall the mouse drivers again.

Do you usually use the shift button so often in any other games you play?
  • As WinBack466 said, sticky keys. This sounds like the famously known (and annoying) sticky keys. When your mouse freezes, quickly alt + tab out of the game and check if a window popped up labelled "Sticky Keys". If so, go into the options of it, and disable it.

Sticky Keys occurs when pressing or holding shift repetitively, because it believes that your key may be broken, and could cause interference with whatever you're doing, so it comes up warning you about this.

A test I'd like you to try is change your Slow Walk key to some other key, such as ALT, and see if it still occurs. That way we'll know whether it's a keyboard issue, or something else.
  • WinBack466 wrote: »
    I will do some research for you and see if I can find anything about this. I'll get back to you in about 20 minutes or so, if I take more than 25 minutes I fell asleep. lolz. Either way I will get back to you asap on this to help you out. :)

I can only think of a few things at this time;
    1. Disable Sticky-Keys
    2. Check for driver updates for your mouse, or try uninstalling the drivers for you mouse completely and reinstall the mouse drivers again.

Do you usually use the shift button so often in any other games you play?
    Thanks for the help, I disabled the Sticky-Keys and the sluggish movement/sudden stop doesn't occur anymore. :) Yeah, with exception of WASD I use shift the most/ quite often in all the games I play.
    c0lder wrote: »
    As WinBack466 said, sticky keys. This sounds like the famously known (and annoying) sticky keys. When your mouse freezes, quickly alt + tab out of the game and check if a window popped up labelled "Sticky Keys". If so, go into the options of it, and disable it.

Sticky Keys occurs when pressing or holding shift repetitively, because it believes that your key may be broken, and could cause interference with whatever you're doing, so it comes up warning you about this.

A test I'd like you to try is change your Slow Walk key to some other key, such as ALT, and see if it still occurs. That way we'll know whether it's a keyboard issue, or something else.
    Thanks for the help and the explanation, I tried it and turns out it was my Sticky-Keys I've disabled em now.