G4Box Inc. Discussion

Hmmm...I'd say Z8 makes around $50k a month in BM sales (ignore any expenses/payroll, as Z8 isn't going to release those figures since they are a private company). Some stays with G4 and Z8, but the rest goes to the devs. Now, the devs have 6 versions running (unless I miscounted)...if I say $50k USD x 6 that's about $300k per month over all of them...

So, in ALL that money...I'm am QUITE DAMN SURE they make enough to pay those coders to find and fix bugs that pop up across all the versions. Time? Sure, it may take some time...but not 3 FRICKING MONTHS! Man, I'd love to even know how many employee's they have...

Comments

• DDump wrote: »
    Hmmm...I'd say Z8 makes around $50k a month in BM sales (ignore any expenses/payroll, as Z8 isn't going to release those figures since they are a private company). Some stays with G4 and Z8, but the rest goes to the devs. Now, the devs have 6 versions running (unless I miscounted)...if I say $50k USD x 6 that's about $300k per month over all of them...

So, in ALL that money...I'm am QUITE DAMN SURE they make enough to pay those coders to find and fix bugs that pop up across all the versions. Time? Sure, it may take some time...but not 3 FRICKING MONTHS! Man, I'd love to even know how many employee's they have...

How can you say they make 50K, since that statement is false everything else you wrote here is false... How can anyone believe you now? I hope you know the "small" team of developers have to take care of 9 games...

Judging by how fast we get updates (Copy and paste code from over versions, spelling mistakes.), I'd say they're running at about 5 employees total, with a few disgruntled MODs.
    The hack prevention part is seeming getting more pay now-a-days, getting furious with updates, and keeping out more hackers.
    Good Job X-Trap.

RTOman wrote: »
    How can you say they make 50K, since that statement is false everything else you wrote here is false... How can anyone believe you now? I hope you know the "small" team of developers have to take care of 9 games...

I for one am sure they make more than 50 bucks a month, his 50K estimate doesn't seem to be far off, seeing some people with 6 Silver AKs and 14 Silver M4s in their account.
  • Judging by how fast we get updates (Copy and paste code from over versions, spelling mistakes.), I'd say they're running at about 5 employees total, with a few disgruntled MODs.
    The hack prevention part is seeming getting more pay now-a-days, getting furious with updates, and keeping out more hackers.
    Good Job X-Trap.

I for one am sure they make more than 50 bucks a month, his 50K estimate doesn't seem to be far off, seeing some people with 6 Silver AKs and 14 Silver M4s in their account.

KEYWORD ESTIMATE... Are people really this ignorant!?
  • RTOman wrote: »

Do you believe they make $50 a month? $60?

Actually KEYWORD is: 6 Silver AKs and 14 Silver M4s in their account.

*SIGH*

If you knew your recent news from last year, Japan got hit by an earthquake. Z8 held an event in which 10% of the sales from 2 items in the BM over a few months would got to the Red Cross...

They donated $10k USD....that's %10 of $100k...FROM TWO ITEMS. EXTRAPOLATING THAT across other items in the BM, they make alot MORE then that over the course of a few months...

YOU need to do YOUR research...and as I stated, I don't have the income figures of Z8 or any other company that runs portals for publishers...HOWEVER, I CAN guess with the information that have ON HAND, and based on THAT they make a killing...
  • Do you believe they make $50 a month? $60?

I can't say anything about this because I don't have the facts infront of me just estimates..

DUH. You do know what the defintion of "Estimate" is, right? It's a scientific guess based on information that is currently know and may or MAY NOT be correct...anyone thinking I have the 100% fact is the real idiot, as I already stated that it was an ESTIMATE.

Now, lets look further...

For example, we can clearly say that there are over 100 people whom buy ZP a month...that's a FACT (PERIOD...you can NOT dispute this, or the game would be looking at a shut down) and they all purchase at LEAST 100k ZP.

That's $79.99 * 100 = $7900+ USD...

Now, we can ALSO say they have over 1000 people who purchase ZP...you can't dispute THAT either! As stated before, they made $10,000 (to donations)/ $90,000 (pocket profit) off of TWO ITEMS ALONE and stated that in a new post (the 10% part...the other part was by math)...

do the math...they make enough to pay people, other expenses, and shell out for other things before they have their X profit...you may as well cut the BS, because NOW, it's not an Estimate...

[Note] I believe the new post said $1k, but I can't clearly remember. I'll go find it an link here.
    DUH. You do know what the defintion of "Estimate" is, right? It's a scientific guess based on information that is currently know and may or MAY NOT be correct...anyone thinking I have the 100% fact is the real idiot, as I already stated that it was an ESTIMATE.

Now, lets look further...

For example, we can clearly say that there are over 100 people whom buy ZP a month...that's a FACT (PERIOD...you can NOT dispute this, or the game would be looking at a shut down) and they all purchase at LEAST 100k ZP.

That's $79.99 * 100 = $7900+ USD...

Now, we can ALSO say they have over 1000 people who purchase ZP...do the math...they make enough to pay people, other expenses, and shell out for other things before they have their X profit...you may as well cut the BS, because NOW, it's not an Estimate...

Exactly it's not FACT if it's not FACT I don't believe it.. and every month the ZP purchases are DIFFERENT...
    I can't say anything about this because I don't have the facts infront of me just estimates..

Let's hear the estimate. It's not $70 a month is it? Cuz I've put in about $160 supporting this game, and I know many more who spent a small fortune on ZP.
    With the money they're rolling in, I think it's only fair to give back to the community. Instead of events where we are to play glitchy maps against wallers, there should be events that involve skill, have a server just dedicated to the event for the period of time. . Have periodic checks by MODs or GMs in the rooms to regulate and spot hackers.

Successful event will lead to successful customers.

The Alpha 1, hack site spammer is still there, do something about it. Employ someone just find these annoying spammers ban them.

Bottom line, employ more workers, regulate the game.
  • Let's hear the estimate. It's not $70 a month is it? Cuz I've put in about $160 supporting this game, and I know many more who spent a small fortune on ZP.
    With the money they're rolling in, I think it's only fair to give back to the community. Instead of events where we are to play glitchy maps against wallers, there should be events that involve skill, have a server just dedicated to the event for the period of time. . Have periodic checks by MODs or GMs in the rooms to regulate and spot hackers.

Successful event will lead to successful customers.

The Alpha 1, hack site spammer is still there, do something about it. Employ someone just find these annoying spammers ban them.

Bottom line, employ more workers, regulate the game.

Yes "employ" do you have the money to do this? no neither does G4Box..
    Yes "employ" do you have the money to do this? no neither does G4Box..

Since you do not show me the respect of properly reading and answering my response, this will be mine.

RTOman wrote: »
    Exactly it's not FACT if it's not FACT I don't believe it..
  • Since you do not show me the respect of properly reading and answering my response, this will be mine.

Well Agreed, My opinion is if they had the money they would hire more people...

although I use common sense and you don't..
    Well Agreed, My opinion is if they had the money they would hire more people...

That is not an opinion, that is an assumption, an assumption that is false in every way possible. I don't believe the company is doing so bad that they can't afford to hire just a couple more people to scare off the hackers or regulate the events that they throw.

Is that common sense part that you added supposed to be an insult? If so you'd have to do better.
  • That is not an opinion, that is an assumption, an assumption that is false in every way possible. I don't believe the company is doing so bad that they can't afford to hire just a couple more people to scare off the hackers or regulate the events that they throw.

Well, The GM's that work for them now are doing an amazing job with what they have. Could they be doing a "bit" more? Sure everyone could but they are PEOPLE they have REGULAR lives.. I know shocking, they may not have the time to fix something or it's low priority
    Well, The GM's that work for them now are doing an amazing job with what they have. Could they be doing a "bit" more? Sure everyone could but they are PEOPLE they have REGULAR lives.. I know shocking, they may not have the time to fix something or it's low priority

Their company and jobs are low priority? Okay, get out now. Your "common sense" just went out the window.
  • Their company and jobs are low priority? Okay, get out now. Your "common sense" just went out the window.

No I said "certain" problems have lower priority then other ones.
    No I said "certain" problems have lower priority then other ones.

Point this out for me.
  • Point this out for me.

they might not have the time to fix "Something"... happy?
  • Hey, Talon, can you give me some contact information for Z8 Games and G4Box? I'm inquiring about profits and employee numbers.

Private company, sure, but it'll never hurt to ask.
    Hey, Talon, can you give me some contact information for Z8 Games and G4Box? I'm inquiring about profits and employee numbers.

Private company, sure, but it'll never hurt to ask.

I'm sure a simple google search could give such information, its not all that hard for one to find it. I don't know anything more about such contact information than one would in such a method.
  • I'm sure a simple google search could give such information, its not all that hard for one to find it. I don't know anything more about such contact information than one would in such a method.

Yup...I found out that the parent company (NeoWiz Games) is currently hemorrhaging money, but there is nothing on Z8 or G4Box...and I don't expect there to be...

And by current, I mean they haven't released any quarterly earning/losses reports for the year and apparently the stock price has only decreased about $100...not much of a problem at this point of the year...not to mention it's not even close to game season (summer!~) yet. Everything they earn or lose it based on the games their dev companies (Smilgate being one) make.
  • Oh hai dur 9

Yea... decided that rather than delete all these posts from the other thread, it would have been best to have the topic in its own thread. :D

K. Goodnight!
  • [MOD]9 wrote: »
    Yea... decided that rather than delete all these posts from the other thread, it would have been best to have the topic in its own thread. :D

K. Goodnight!

Sorry to for all the trouble. Maybe next time we play you'll get lucky and go positive in GM
    *trollface*

Jk

Have a good one bud :]
  • Theres so many mistakes in this thread I'm not even going to reply to them all

Income does not equal profit. G4Box has a building to run, servers to pay for, staff to pay, license to pay.

G4Box has nothing to do with the development of this game.
    They own the license for this region, meaning they're paying for the permission to host the game.
    The people they pay are NeoWiz and SmileGate, completely different companies with no relation to G4Box other than the monthly cheque.

Z8Games is not a company, or a group of people. Its a website.

Money does not save the world.
    You can pay as much as you want to a overpriced anticheat agency - with an old game like this, its impossible to REMOVE cheating.
    You limit it gradually (finding cheats, blocking them, new cheat pops up the next day, find it and block it again) and try to stay on top of it.
  • [MOD]dot wrote: »
    Theres so many mistakes in this thread I'm not even going to reply to them all

Income does not equal profit. G4Box has a building to run, servers to pay for, staff to pay, license to pay.

G4Box has nothing to do with the development of this game.
    They own the license for this region, meaning they're paying for the permission to host the game.
    The people they pay are NeoWiz and SmileGate, completely different companies with no relation to G4Box other than the monthly cheque.

Z8Games is not a company, or a group of people. Its a website.

Money does not save the world.
    You can pay as much as you want to a overpriced anticheat agency - with an old game like this, its impossible to REMOVE cheating.
    You limit it gradually (finding cheats, blocking them, new cheat pops up the next day, find it and block it again) and try to stay on top of it.

tl;dr

I don't seem to see any of these problems in the game, maybe it's just you. I think the anticheat agency is doing a fantasic job. I suggest you redownload the client or take it up with support.
  • tl;dr

I don't seem to see any of these problems in the game, maybe it's just you. I think the anticheat agency is doing a fantasic job. I suggest you redownload the client or take it up with support.
    If that actually was a reply to me then you didn't understand my post at all, please try again.
  • [MOD]dot wrote: »
    If that actually was a reply to me then you didn't understand my post at all, please try again.

I'm sad to see your generic "I don't have this problem..." answer did not work.
    I also followed up with your other usual answer for peoples questions/statements, "take your blabing over to support because they do a fantasic job of not answering the question."

Did my responses not help you achieve what you were looking for?
  • Do you believe they make $50 a month? $60?

lol 6 ak silver is nothing bro check this1 out ....
    with the money this dude spend here we can fix the ha.king problem.

http://clan.z8games.com/charstat_cf.aspx?usn=5297882
  • I'm sad to see your generic "I don't have this problem..." answer did not work.
    I also followed up with your other usual answer for peoples questions/statements, "take your blabing over to support because they do a fantasic job of not answering the question."

Did my responses not help you achieve what you were looking for?
    I said nothing about any problems.
    I commented on the many misconceptions in this thread.
    Your reply makes no sense at all.