Update please

hi cf and the community :) my computer fan broke in early 2011 and Ive not really been able to play cf, so i was wondering you guys could fill me in. so what have i missed?:)

Comments

• omGSLICk wrote: »
    hi cf and the community :) my computer fan broke in early 2011 and Ive not really been able to play cf, so i was wondering you guys could fill me in. so what have i missed?:)

You missed Zombie mode, lots of new maps, lots of new guns, and thedoop got AIDs.
  • just to say, im asking now cos i got an external fan yesterday and im downloading cf again now
  • Better question is, 'what have i saved my time from?'
    The amount of hackers has raised by 300%
  • njeppero wrote: »
    Better question is, 'what have i saved my time from?'

Then y u come back lol
  • njeppero wrote: »

This is a false statement based on assumption and opinion with zero data or fact to back it up.
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    This is a false statement based on assumption and opinion with zero data or fact to back it up.

Do you really think he ment 300% or just a figure of speech???

But it does feel like CF is being overrun by cheaters at the moment.
  • Helios7122 wrote: »

He may not have meant 300% literally, but one of the major problems with the hacking situation is the perpetuation of panic of the situation. A statement like this does nothing to help that.

We are fully aware of what it's like in game; We're also fully aware of how many people we are banning in the game, and how many hacks are being detected as well as all the other things associated with the problem.

However the one thing we can't control is the fact that in a regular game, with no hackers, the person who is 25-4 is assumed to be hacking. A statement like the above does nothing to help this fact. The player will go 25-4 and everyone will say; "there are so many hackers, the hackers have increased by 300%, this guy is hacking" when nothing could be further from the truth.
  • Helios7122 wrote: »

Blame the ppl who are making VIP hacks faster than xtrap ( or probably any other company ) can patch them ..
    Apart from the obvious spawn killing wallers ppl scream hack everytime they die .. funny sometimes , annoying other times !
  • It's a shame really because lately CF has become some what, unplayable in pubs. You know it, i know it.
    I anticipate others will now post comments like, 'play with clan mates' or 'play with friends'. But sometimes it is nice to play in pubs w/ random ppl who have varied skills in this game. playing with/against clan mates and friends can be quite boring as you soon find out their style of gaming.

I do hope that a patch update is due soon. (im getting bored with reading the forums now)
  • Kopite_07 wrote: »
    Blame the ppl who are making VIP hacks faster than xtrap ( or probably any other company ) can patch them ..
    Apart from the obvious spawn killing wallers ppl scream hack everytime they die .. funny sometimes , annoying other times !

Blame them! i would love to know where they live, i'd do more than just blame them (Beat them round the head with their keyboard afew times). lol I personally think that the guys out there making Hacks are just malicious, idiotic, lonely losers (whom most likely still live at home with mum) with too much time on their hands. And the others who do VIP Hacks to earm money - well, i think they just need to p1$$ off and get a real job.

phew.......i needed to get that outta me, lol.
    He may not have meant 300% literally, but one of the major problems with the hacking situation is the perpetuation of panic of the situation. A statement like this does nothing to help that.

We are fully aware of what it's like in game; We're also fully aware of how many people we are banning in the game, and how many hacks are being detected as well as all the other things associated with the problem.

However the one thing we can't control is the fact that in a regular game, with no hackers, the person who is 25-4 is assumed to be hacking. A statement like the above does nothing to help this fact. The player will go 25-4 and everyone will say; "there are so many hackers, the hackers have increased by 300%, this guy is hacking" when nothing could be further from the truth.

Hes right, and I also think the hackers have greatly decreased, I barely see any, keep up the good work z8/g4.

Its a fact and i have investigated this a long time.

Every now and then for like 6months now, ive joined FFA matches and investigated the hacking situation.
    Everytime I come, I dont see any improvements.
    Last time 7/10 players hacked, yes 7!!!!!
    Id suggest to change Free For All name in to Hack mode, same goes with HM/MM/TD.

Only playable modes are GM/SnD, but not for long..

You said that player with a 24/4 can also be accused as a hack.
    But now im only talking about persons who speed hack/shoot through walls, those hacks you recognise in 1sec from a normal player.
    Wallhack/no recoil/no spread are hacks that are harder to detect.

I think that 300% isnt even enough when you compare it to what it was like 1year ago when I started.
    I started cf by playing FFA, every game was so clean and fun.

Im sure that you work on it, but your current strategy doesnt seem to work.
    Maybe its time to change tactic.
  • i think that crossfire make much new and also got a new level of gaming and gamers. I think its prety good how it is now except the hakers...
  • For once I partially agree with something njeperro is saying... o.o

TDM is unplayable, you're almost guaranteed to find a hacker in it. I gave up on FFA a long time ago, I don't even try to play that game mode anymore, and I doubt that it's gotten better.

While I do agree there are a lot of hacks patched and a lot of people banned, all it takes is 1 hack that's not patched and there are hackers using it in almost every FFA and TDM game.

Unfortunately g4box seems to be taking the approach that as long as they block 99% of the hacks and all of the very easy to create alternate accounts, the players should be happy. When in reality, the 1% of hacks that can be used at any point in time are used by so many people on so many easily created accounts, that almost any effort on their or x-trap's part is not noticed at all.

I know they've gotten one of the hackers from a certain hacking site to work with them and perhaps that will help over time, and there is also CF LA that's coming out eventually into open beta. We basically just have to wait and see if either will help.
  • GodsGunman wrote: »
    For once I partially agree with something njeperro is saying... o.o

Now we can push our relationship one step further <3
  • Alot more types of errors, New chars, new weapons, new maps, new players.