1g0tN0skillZ Extensive Ghost Mode Guide(Global Risk Side)

Hi there, I am 1g0tN0skillZ and I´m a GM fanatic.
gotlogo.png
Before I start, I want to say that I consider myself an experienced player and not a professional. Professionals are paid to play and I'm not in that category.
The idea of this guide is to help newbies that they can play better with the little help I provide here.
I hope I can make you better in this great mode called Ghost Mode(as GR).
I´m going to show you what I consider the best spots (all maps) and what you need to do to win as GR.
I will try to make this as clear as possible(this is my first guide).

Some things about BL:
We can´t see where the ghosts are and we don´t have the bomb(obviously), that means BL has the advantage(they choose where to plant the bomb, bunnyhop, etc).
Bunnyhop: This is the main way ghosts get around without being visible(I´m not going to explain how to Bhop, this is a GR guide).

GR side.

Guns:
You use them to shoot down BL ghosts so you can kill them, instead of being killed(I think it´s pretty obvious).

The pros of the GR are the guns and the pinpoint(PP is the art of knowing where the ghosts are by simply hearing their breath).

Pinpoint:
You can easily hear a no-breath-down ghost, simply use headphones(it´s that simple). He is aprox. 5 running steps from you, the trick is as follows(use it only when you hear ghost breath):
Gently turn your mouse to the left until you hear breath on the right ear.
Next, turn your mouse to the right until you hear breath on the left ear.
When you hear sound equally in both ears just shoot him. He is in front of you.

How to combine both(guns and PP)? Easy...follow these steps:
First: Get some good headphones and use 100% gamma(you can spot the ghost easier with this, they become brighter), change the setting in the Options menu(it helps believe me).
Second: Don´t spray! Calmly shoot 1 to 3 bullets to try to hit the ghost(when you see blood, you know you hitted something.).
Third: Always use shift when you are near ghosts or near your teammates.
Fourth: Don´t use flashbangs, they are just not necessary and you can blind your teammates.
Fifth: Don´t stay in the same spot all the time(BL players are not stupid and they will soon see you always stay in one spot and they will find new ways to kill you). Change your tactics often.
Sixth: Antecipate ghosts moves! Example: If you are in Lab and you see a ghost running from BL respawn area towards A site, you know he has only two ways, either the vents or drop down to the corridor near GR respawn area. Just listen to his breath in one place and if he isn´t there, move to the other.
Seventh: Your bags

First Bag:
Any kind of silenced M4
Deagle
Grenade and Smoke

Second Bag:
Any kind of Sniper
Deagle
Grenade and Smoke

Why M4(with silencer) and a Sniper?
In my opinion, you need a silenced weapon so you don´t make much noise and that way not disturb your teammates with your spray.
AWM, is for me a great choice of a sniper simply because you can quickscope and no-scope easily with it, and as you all know, ghosts need to be near you to hit you. There are some good spots that you can camp and easily kill BL players with your sniper(I will show those spots down below).

Why Deagle, Greanade and Smoke?
Deagle is easily the best secondary weapon in the game. It has a fast rate of fire, quick reload and great power. If you can´t headshot, you simply shoot at their torso and in 3-4 shots the ghost is down.

nade.jpg
Grenade: I use it only in two situations. When I´m pretty sure the ghost is near me and it has low/reduced health OR if someone is defusing, I throw it near the defuser and any ghost near the bomb is going to have some serious damage or instant death.
Quick Tip: If you are the only one left(you don´t have too) and you have a grenade, go for the c4 with your nade selected and start defusing it. Wait 1 or 2 seconds and throw it near you while at the same time jump back/foward(stay near the bomb while performing this so they take full damage when they get naded).

smokeri.jpg
Smoke: Use it only to cover the c4 and/or to cover entrances where you think the ghosts will appear.

Now let´s talk about the best spots in each map(in my opinion) to get more kills(and survive).

Comments

• LABORATORY

It’s one of my favorite maps simply because as GR, if you can coordinate your team, you can cover almost every place making it easy to win.

Best spots:

64546774.jpg

Tip: If you have good reflexes you can snipe ghosts easily in this place but watch out for rushers going to mid. They can simply jump down and slash you.
    Another good spot is near GR respawn area, from there you can snipe down ghosts going to B site and ghosts coming from the hole in the ceiling(corridor to A site).

46628593.jpg

Tip: This is a good spot for free kills.
    In pub matches there are many noobies that go through that little passage.
    Just camp a little bit there but play close attention to the corridor and the ramp behind you. Ghosts rush through the ramp and get you unguarded.

43488744.jpg

Tip: As stated in the previous image. Ghosts rush through this ramp to get to the corridor and kill GR players.
    If you are fast enough you can catch some of these rushers and get a multi-kill from time to time.

25410269.jpg

Tip: This is a good spot to snipe ghosts but I don´t recommend it very often.
    Throw a smoke to the right entrance near you if you are not feeling safe about ghosts coming from that direction.

48232029.jpg

Tip: This is clearly one of the safest spots in Lab map.
    You have a nice view to almost all B site(watch out for ghosts that can jump and slash you in that little hole).
    Another good place is the other vent on the opposite side above the tunnel leading to the water and A site.

Laboratory Tactics(what I consider the best moves to get a good kdr in a GM match):

Going B site:
    After the round start, rush to B site and go for the vents(meanwhile you can get some kills when you pass through the tunnel that leads to the water).
    Camp in the vents for a while. You have a great view to B site and it´s almost impossible for a ghost to kill you there.

Going A site:
    Rush to the balcony and stay there for some time, wait for ghosts coming through the vents and from the ramp.
    Wait for 15 seconds and then start covering the hallway or simply go to GR base(some ghosts are careless and don´t bunnyhop properly on the ramp, you must be safe in that position). Take close attention to the hallway behind you.

• COMPLEX

My favourite map!
    It is a complete maze with all the tunnels and the water. You can take advantage of your headphones and hear them clearly while they run through the huge map that is Complex.

Best Spots:

44539724.jpg

Tip: This is mainly a sniper spot.
    You rush from your respawn area and camp over there and wait for BL players to run in front of you.
    Good spot but don´t stay there for too long. After they leave base they will not come back(unless someone lost c4 there).

91054116.jpg

Tip: If you rush to this ramp you can get some BL players heading towards B site.
    From there, you can go ahead to BL respawn area(there may be some ghosts who recently joined to room and you can get some spawn kills) OR you can go back and try to kill ghosts coming from the other room(showing in the picture below).

39184738.jpg

Tip: I don´t know what this room is called but you can get a lot of kills here.
    It´s one of the best spots but dangerous at the same time because if the enemies get there faster, you can get yourself off guard.
    From there, you can go ahead to BL respawn area through the little entrance situated on your left OR you can go through the hole leading to a upper level on B site.
    Another good spot is on the vents in B site(next picture).

56910834.jpg

Tip: This is a good spot because if you are lucky enough to get the ghost carrying the C4, you get an (almost) certain win.
    Keep changing from this side to the other where you get a good view to B site.

23488871.jpg

Tip: This is the second best spot in this map.
    You can see (almost) the entire B site and you can snipe ghosts easily.
    Pay attention if someone plants the c4, just jump and go straight to where the breath is coming.

11124600.jpg

Tip: Best spot on Complex.
    You get a good view to that entrance on the left side of this image. You can stare down and see if ghosts are coming from the water or from the lasers entrance(btw when ghosts stay near lasers, you can see their silhouette easier).
    There is the other side of this upper level but I don´t recommend it.

Complex Tactics:

Spawn near B site: Rush to the ramp leading to the water(kill the rushers). After that, run to the room where the ghosts jump down from the vents to get to B site(kill some more ghosts there) and move quickly to the right entrance that leads to B site upper level. Camp in that spot for a while(you will be safe there).

Spawn near A site: Simply rush to the A site Upper level and keep looking for ghosts that come from the lasers entrance(both entrances) and from the little vent that you came.

• METRO

It is a huge map.
    Easy for BL players(because it is a big map with a lot of space to bunnyhop) but that disadvantage can be overcomed if you know the right spots.

Best Spots:

63903590.jpg

Tip: Mainly a camping spot for snipers but you can use a rifle too to shoot down ghosts that come from the left and right entrances.

98317974.jpg

Tip: Just like the previous image, this is a camping spot(altought you can rush to BL base).
    Camp here with your AWM and shoot down ghosts coming from the arrows I pointed out in the picture.

26273193.jpg

Tip: You are fast enough, you can get some kills here from ghosts rushing through the trains(the same applies to the B site near the two bridges).

12759030.jpg

Tip: If you camp here you have an huge advantage over BL players.
    Watch out for ghosts coming through the spots marked on the picture.

34414139.jpg

Tip: A good spot to kill some ghots coming from GR base(also great to kill ghots in B site).

46103226.jpg

Tip: Also a great spot to shoot down ghosts coming from the spots I marked on the picture.

Metro Tactics:

Going A site: As soon as the round starts, run to the A site upper level and stay there, smoke the area I showed in a picture above and wait for the ghosts to come.

Going B site: The same as A site but run to the spot I showed above where you camp under the bridge above the train.

• HACKENCRUZ

One of the easiest map for BL. It provides plenty of bhopping room. GR has some good spots to camp and kill the ghosts.

Best Spots:

86844678.jpg

Tip: From this spot you can see ghots jumping and runnig from the spots I show on this picture.

75247725.jpg

Tip: You have a clear view to the GR spawn area.
    Watch out for ghosts coming from behind.

72750978.jpg

Tip: Another good spot where you have a good view to the A site.

92658642.jpg

Tip: Good spot to watch B site.
    If you smoke the area I show on the picture, you won´t be killed easily.

15489147.jpg

Tip: You can camp here and have a great view over B site.
    Ghosts usually rush through the area I marked on the picture.
    If you continue to the other room you have a good spot too to kill some ghosts coming from BL base.

Hackencruz Tactics:

I only recommend going B site in this map.
    Rush to B and then go to the spot showed on the picture above and continue rushing till you get to the BL base.
    Stay there for a while(watching your GR base, some ghosts may appear there) and then proceed to A site.

• LOST RELICS

It´s a balanced map.
    Easy for BL players to spread out but horrible for bhop. GR players should take advantage on this.

Best Spots:

59878888.jpg

Tip: Great spot for snipers.
    You can see ghosts rushing/jumping from their base.
    If you see a ghost going B, you can kill him easily.

43114690t.jpg

Tip: Camp here with a rifle(optional) and smoke the area.
    Watch out for ghosts coming from the areas I marked on the picture.

55526518.jpg

Tip: This is a good spot to shoot down ghosts with your AWM.

31511865.jpg

Tip: This is one of the best spots in LR.
    You have a good view to the A site and it is almost impossible for a BL player to plant the bomb and not get killed.

34229177.jpg

Tip: Best spot in LR in my opinion.
    Smoke the area I show on the picture and watch the floor below for ghosts passing through.
    You can win a match in this spot.

Lost Relics Tactics:

I have one recommendation
    Start rushing to the corridor with uneven floor and go to the upper levels(watch out ghosts jumping from there), from there go either A or B. Camp in the upper levels.

This is it.
    My Ghost Mode(Global Risk side) guide is now finished.
    I want to thank [*Maverick_], Rattu, [*UnKn0wN_*] clan and many of the GM friends I have out there that helped me on this guide.
    Thank you all for your patience and time.
    I hope this will help a lot of players.
  • I will now leave the forum to play CF.
    Any kind of criticisms are welcome(constructive ones).
  • Wow, I know you from some pubs so I can say that you play decently. Nice guide but I don't think that most beginners will read it. It is pretty long :O
  • Smagjus wrote: »
    Wow, I know you from some pubs so I can say that you play decently. Nice guide but I don't think that most beginners will read it. It is pretty long :O
    Well Its Good i Must Say .. But It will Help Newbies To Camp Alot in Vents thats What i think Wasn't the Best thing other than That All u Said is Correct - Samjus i Would like a Cw or A 1 on 1 With u And ur m8s .. i Stoped Cf for about 5-7 Weeks im Back Now But im Redownloading Cf So i May be On Tomorow im -i]Bodi. or -Gm][siCk.
  • I have no headset right now, so I am not able to play decent. Nut I know you. I think it was gm love or?
  • Seems Legit , Its Pretty Good
    Summary: Ears +Finger+ M4 Silenced Variant = Instant Win
  • Oh, my. Gosh. This is amazing. Seriously, this is great.
  • Great, this could help GR people who don't know how to play GM.
  • Smagjus wrote: »
    Wow, I know you from some pubs so I can say that you play decently. Nice guide but I don't think that most beginners will read it. It is pretty long :O

I really hope they do read this.
    I don´t see many GM guides out there so MAYBE this will help them become a little bit better as a GR player.
    BodiG wrote: »
    Well Its Good i Must Say .. But It will Help Newbies To Camp Alot in Vents thats What i think Wasn't the Best thing other than That All u Said is Correct - Samjus i Would like a Cw or A 1 on 1 With u And ur m8s .. i Stoped Cf for about 5-7 Weeks im Back Now But im Redownloading Cf So i May be On Tomorow im -i]Bodi. or -Gm][siCk.

Thank you for commenting on my thread -Gm][siCk.
    Like you said, I encourage players to camp but I also let them know they have a chance to have a good kdr and win against decent BL players.
    With this information, they now can start working on their most important senses on a GM match, hearing and vision.
    DatM4 wrote: »
    Wow great thread... sticky it?
    Seems Legit , Its Pretty Good
    Summary: Ears + Vision + Finger + M4 Silenced Variant = Instant Win

Don´t forget that one! :)
    Yup great guide/
    acealeam1 wrote: »
    Oh, my. Gosh. This is amazing. Seriously, this is great.
    Great, this could help GR people who don't know how to play GM.

Thank you very much for your support guys!
    I really appreciate it!
  • Pinpoint:
    You can easily hear a no-breath-down ghost, simply use headphones(it´s that simple). He is aprox. 5 running steps from you, the trick is as follows(use it only when you hear ghost breath):
    Gently turn your mouse to the left until you hear breath on the right ear.
    Next, turn your mouse to the right until you hear breath on the left ear.
    When you hear sound equally in both ears just shoot him. He is in front of you.

I believe that is the most important thing for a newbie and after that learning to do it even faster and with precision and for that practice makes perfect. And also using your extended eyes which is a shot or a few shots to where you think they are after locating them by PP (as your guide also says).

It is a nice guide and surely helpful, the only thing I disagree with is shift walking; I run everywhere and PP on the trot, or stop on a dime if I need to and then PP. I shift walk like 0.1% of the time. That however is more of a playing style thing though I'm a rusher/hunter.

Maybe you could add a few things, some obvious.

Like hearing the beeps when a bomb is being planted and pinpointing that and killing the planter, or even watching for the bomb to drop.
  • Chimpzz wrote: »
    I believe that is the most important thing for a newbie and after that learning to do it even faster and with precision and for that practice makes perfect. And also using your extended eyes which is a shot or a few shots to where you think they are after locating them by PP (as your guide also says).

It is a nice guide and surely helpful, the only thing I disagree with is shift walking; I run everywhere and PP on the trot, or stop on a dime if I need to and then PP. I shift walk like 0.1% of the time. That however is more of a playing style thing though I'm a rusher/hunter.

Maybe you could add a few things, some obvious.

Like hearing the beeps when a bomb is being planted and pinpointing that and killing the planter, or even watching for the bomb to drop.

Thank you for adding those important points to the conversation.

I agree with everything you wrote.
    I usually don´t shift walk much too. I run and jump all the time and still I can PP easily.
    I just thought that new players or newbies at GM should start by shift walking and then when they get better, jump and run just like we do :)

I also know where the bomb is being planted just by hearing the beeps but for them to know that they need to learn how to PP first(and that takes practise).
    'UK wrote:
    Dave;2615718']Good guide. :)
    Thumbs up mate ')

Thank you both for your support! :)
  • Great guide mate :P Just a few things i wanna give my thoughts on -
    Professionals are paid to play and I'm not in that category.

^^ Whey finally someone who thinks the same as me xD
    Pinpoint:

The 5 running steps away is not accurate, I myself hear them from alot further than that. It all depends on your headphone, sound card and EQ settings (personally I've never bothered changing my EQ settings tho)

Third: Always use shift when you are near ghosts or near your teammates.

Most definately not..... Walk when you think a ghost is near? :S ... A good bhopper will kill you sooooo easily if you do that, especially with the breath delay.
    Grenade: I use it only in two situations. When I´m pretty sure the ghost is near me and it has low/reduced health OR if someone is defusing, I throw it near the defuser and any ghost near the bomb is going to have some serious damage or instant death.

I kick people for throwing nades at me, especially if im defusing. I usually defuse to lure the ghosts out... how can i hear when they are coming if some idiot nades me.....

Smoke: Use it only to cover the c4 and/or to cover entrances where you think the ghosts will appear.

I feel that smoking entrances will scare the ghosts from coming through... I like them to be close and personal :D You've played with me before I'm sure you know my style is to rush in and take em all out ;) hehe.
  • Found an extra spot for GR on Lab :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THblDIbpXFE&feature=feedrec_grec_index
    You need a wallbang gun though

Great video!
    I didn´t know it was possible to do that.
    Forgive me but I would call you hacker(if I didn´t saw your video) although it shows wallbang kill. << Now I know
    Great guide mate :P Just a few things i wanna give my thoughts on -

^^ Whey finally someone who thinks the same as me xD

The 5 running steps away is not accurate, I myself hear them from alot further than that. It all depends on your headphone, sound card and EQ settings (personally I've never bothered changing my EQ settings tho)

Most definately not..... Walk when you think a ghost is near? :S ... A good bhopper will kill you sooooo easily if you do that, especially with the breath delay.

I kick people for throwing nades at me, especially if im defusing. I usually defuse to lure the ghosts out... how can i hear when they are coming if some idiot nades me.....

I feel that smoking entrances will scare the ghosts from coming through... I like them to be close and personal :D You've played with me before I'm sure you know my style is to rush in and take em all out ;) hehe.

Thank you very much Gh0st_Slay3r.
    You know you are one of my favorite GM players.

OT:
    Sound: I do hear them a little bit further but like you said, it depends on "your headphone, sound card and EQ settings".

Shift: I encourage the new players to do this so they can hear better, ghosts coming to kill them. Of course, they are not going to play very good from one day to another SO first they need to learn to listen properly.

Nades: I do the same as you(lure the ghosts out).
    But as we both know, you already got much experience in this mode, they don´t.
    I simply tell them to throw nades because they can get a really important kill in the process and perhaps win the round.

Smoke: If you were a newbie you would do as I say in the guide :P
  • It's a great guide for GM beginners, the pictures help a lot. If they bother reading this, they will definitely start playing better. There are some other good places that I like to use, but for a beginners guide this is more than enough. Well done!

Whoa.......Xm8 Time
  • iCtrl wrote: »
    It's a great guide for GM beginners, the pictures help a lot. If they bother reading this, they will definitely start playing better. There are some other good places that I like to use, but for a beginners guide this is more than enough. Well done!

Thank you very much!!
    I really hope they read this...less newbies around would be great :D
    Whoa.......Xm8 Time

I´ve just realized I have one too xD

I try this all the time but it never works -.- I hurt them but never kill haha

And remmember its not only there where you can do this.... Anywhere in the map with the same kinda of roof you can shoot through ;)
  • wow!

Nice guide bro! Really comprehensive, long, awesome guide!
    Needs to be stickied! :)
  • I am in love with Ghost Mode, the only reason why I play this game :) You made my day just that much better.
  • Silent0pz wrote: »
    Nice guide bro! Really comprehensive, long, awesome guide!
    Needs to be stickied! :)
    I am in love with Ghost Mode, the only reason why I play this game :) You made my day just that much better.

Thank you both for your support!!
    I hope this can help you in some way.
  • Well Done. Alot of time went into that. Im going to macro the link so everytime I get called hak im going to spam the link to this thread lol. Good job.
This discussion has been closed.