ghost mode unfair, improvement suggestions

in the ghost mode there are too many chammers and knifing someone is harder than shooting them so i sugest that the black list get`s to throw thair knife at them, and then pick it up where it ended up, or that black list gets to have pistols....

Comments

• Howdy, Amigo
    MCBoom wrote: »
    in the ghost mode there are too many chammers and knifing someone is harder than shooting them so i sugest that the black list get`s to throw thair knife at them, and then pick it up where it ended up, or that black list gets to have pistols....

Well Mate, the chamming problem cannot be helped until the next patch comes. But as for your want of a Knife throwing or Pistol feature, that would give the ghosts to much of an edge. A good player using a Desert Eagle can pop off 7 head shots with a single clip. Add that to the already massive advantage of being invisible the Pac Men ( Global Risk ) would be at a massive disadvantage and the Ghosties ( Black List ) would never have to come down from the third floor of Hakenkruz to blast away the Pac Men.

A possibility to your idea would be for the Ghosties to use broken M9. Another possibility would be for there to be only one pistol in the Ghosties control, that drops like a rifle does when the owner is sent on the last train west.

As for your throwing knife idea, it would add, just as the pistol would, a whole new advantage to the ghosts. Pac Man wouldn't have a chance. I think if it were to be implemented it would have to be drastically changed. Add a whole new trajectory feature to the throwing. Say at a distance of 5 or 10 feet, you will be right on target, but this will be swayed, as using a rifle does, by your movement at the time of impact. Say from one end of the canal in Laboratory to the other, the knife would drop, much like in real life how a sniper's bullet will travel.

Speaking of the lab brings up a good question, what is a laboratory doing with a flooded sewer system? :D

If You've Come To Talk, Talk. If You've Come To Shoot, Well,
    JakLauren
  • BL is at a disadvantage? Hardly, bud. You probably simply have the exact same problem I do: You suck at melee. (Note that that's not a flame, I horrrrrrrribly suck at melee as well.)

Those that have good melee skills, however, tend to make good BL. And it takes the same thing for a good BL that it takes for a good GR: Practice, patience, and the capacity to learn as you go forward, not just rage whenever you get killed.

I'm a pretty skilled GR when it comes to GM. I'm not a /pro/, but I can sure as heck hold my own. But I've seen some /horrible/ GR. People that don't think in any kind of team terms, people that don't use headphones (Honestly a must,) people that run around making tons of noise and being just generally noobish...The same thing happens on the BL side, as far as skill goes.

But a good bunch of BL players versus a good bunch of GR players and, honestly...GM is a really nicely balanced game the way it is designed.

You need to learn to get those melee kills, first. You might want to go do knife matches for a while and really learn how the knife works. If you can get skilled with it, then you might just find BL side a little easier. The other thing to do is go read the guides people have created here on the forums. There are plenty of skilled-to-pro players here who are happy to help if you've actually got an open mind and are willing to learn. Go check that out, too.
  • i thoght about it how bout a m9 or a even worse gun that gets damage as you play, or lose life, for example you have 39 hp wel you have 39% gun function , or as you 2 minutes pas by at 1:50 your gun is no longer functionnal and u go knife people. i dont want to give a huge advantage to bl but when it comes to chammers, we should be able to give em a taste of their own medcine, as the next anti-cham patch comes out the chammers would already have another version of their chams and you know it!
  • MCBoom wrote: »
    i thoght about it how bout a m9 or a even worse gun that gets damage as you play, or lose life, for example you have 39 hp wel you have 39% gun function , or as you 2 minutes pas by at 1:50 your gun is no longer functionnal and u go knife people. i dont want to give a huge advantage to bl but when it comes to chammers, we should be able to give em a taste of their own medcine, as the next anti-cham patch comes out the chammers would already have another version of their chams and you know it!

So your beef is with the chammers. That shouldn't mean the legitimate players should suddenly get screwed by BL having a distinct advantage.

Honestly, I'd suggest that if it bothers you that much, it's best to go play regular SnD. Then you can do all the shooting you want. :/
  • i think i have a good idea...have a throwing feature but you half to buy it for like 25k or somthing
  • but if ghost gets THROW WEAPONS..

now its harder for ppl like me that dosent hack....I'll really going to be P.I.S.S.E.D if a knife comes out of no where when im playing ghost .......
  • Personally I think Ghost matches are really good just as they are, as stated above if you get a GOOD ghost player then they can do some serious damage. I have been in G.M. games where we had no chance of stopping the ghosties due to good teamwork and tactics, the problem is not the game but the way people play it imho.

And yes it would be awesome to stop all chamming etc. but reality is your probably not going to have much luck, seems like every time they patch it some bunch of nubs with nothing better to do hack it within a week or two.
  • The ghost Mode is balanced, you can play both in the Bl and in the GRs and win (it often depends on the team and on your skill) but it is not impossible to win in BL, rather they are benefitted if it makes him an enough game of team.
  • I aint boasting, but I often get ace as a ghost. Once you practise, it aint as hard as it seems. All you need to do is know when to run and when to stop. But yeah, throwing knives would be fun lol :D
  • umm.. if there are chammers at game.. rush him.. slash him stab him.. wat ever but try to kill him rushing.. you wont get it camping.. cause he will kill you.. and if there is no campers.. just camp.. not at the corners.. and if they said you noob.. you said i am not. ghost mode is about camping.. cause you willl get killed rushing..
  • i was hoping for a weak knife throw, that would, like make em a 10 hp damage and then we`d have to stab the rest of the players + the knife has a 10 foot range.